Note 4 Samsung takes to long

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Because of the October release I considered buying an iPhone 6 plus but decided not to.

Apple will be announcing 3 new products before Samsung releases 1 of the 2 they announced back in Berlin and Apple will be releasing it a week or 2 later. If Samsung wants to copy apple it should be their release planning lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung takes to long

I will admit the delay is annoying .. I am more concerned on how T-Mobile is handling pre-orders since they're not being very clear on when you will get it. I am tempted to just go to a store if I don't see anything promising next week on my order.

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I've been waiting to upgrade for months now. If they delay the US release much past the 17th, I'll just finally move on to something else.

Posted via Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I am wondering what is the reason behind the gap between announcement and release. production capability? Samsung does product a lot more different type of products, maybe its time for them to re-assess the sales and cut the resources for not so profit products.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I am wondering what is the reason behind the gap between announcement and release. production capability? Samsung does product a lot more different type of products, maybe its time for them to re-assess the sales and cut the resources for not so profit products.

Maybe the demand is that high..

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I rather wait for a premium device than give in to impatience for a ****ty device that releases earlier.

You people have no damned sense of patience. The old days were better. And I'm only 23.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I rather wait for a premium device than give in to impatience for a ****ty device that releases earlier.

You people have no damned sense of patience. The old days were better. And I'm only 23.

It was a bad move on their part. Most companies announce and release in a short time .. not announce a new device and wait a month and a half to come to the market.

Denelor

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I've been waiting to upgrade for months now. If they delay the US release much past the 17th, I'll just finally move on to something else.

Really? I never get this argument. If this is the device you want and you are willing to wait until Date X what difference does a few days make either way?

I'm anxious to get mine too, but will you really move on to something else if you're pushed out a week? What, exactly, would you get that compares? Other than an IP6+ has anything come out recently that does?

Not criticizing you. I just legitimately don't understand when people say this over a few days.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

It was a bad move on their part. Most companies announce and release in a short time .. not announce a new device and wait a month and a half to come to the market.
The delay caused me to start looking at the Nexus 6. If the N6 is announced within the next 2 weeks, I'll have a hard decision to make.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

It doesnt matter. If you really want something, you wait for it, whether its weeks or months. Who cares if Samsung announced a month earlier? Do we not have other things in life to keep us busy while we wait for the device to arrive? There's people who literally bought something they never originally wanted over something they waited so long for, just because it came out earlier. Makes no sense lol.

Patience is a virtue.
The fruit of patience is a sweet one.

GrassyKnoll312

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

Really? I never get this argument. If this is the device you want and you are willing to wait until Date X what difference does a few days make either way?

I'm anxious to get mine too, but will you really move on to something else if you're pushed out a week? What, exactly, would you get that compares? Other than an IP6+ has anything come out recently that does?

Not criticizing you. I just legitimately don't understand when people say this over a few days.

I understand your point, and I wouldn't move on if they delay it a week or so, but much more that that and I would consider it.
My device is old and on its last legs an Ive been looking since June. First at the LG G3 and note 3. But then I figured, in a month they announce the new note, I can wait that out no problem. Then they wait over a month for release, ok I can wait that out no prob...well just a little annoyed but mostly no problem. Now I can wait another week if need be. But there is a difference between patience and just continually waiting for the next best thing.
Side note, this is the first time I've ever held out in anticipation for a new phone release. I usually just go in and buy one. So maybe this is just the norm for releases and I'm just now becoming aware.
Perhaps the Nvidia news and UK delay have made me a bit pessimistic today. At any rate, still expecting them in the stores on the 17th, so hopefully this is all a moot issue.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

There is an announcement today that the launch in the UK will be delayed until the 17th. Will that push back the US launch?

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

I just don't get this - So you were willing to buy a phone you didn't want because it came out a month earlier than the one you really want?

Pretty much everything is announced way before they are released -
Video game consoles
video games
movies
music
etc...

And those things are announced months/years before they are released. That's like my really wanting a XB1, but because the PS4 is announced a month earlier, I'll just go ahead and get that instead of what I really want.

Are phones different usually - release not too long after announcement? I have only owned an iPhone, so i can only go by their announcements and release days.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

There is an announcement today that the launch in the UK will be delayed until the 17th. Will that push back the US launch?

No, it just puts the UK on line with the US. When I read the announcement like a week ago, I was like "Yeaaahhhhh *****es, you aint getting it earlier" lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It doesnt matter. If you really want something, you wait for it, whether its weeks or months. Who cares if Samsung announced a month earlier? Do we not have other things in life to keep us busy while we wait for the device to arrive? There's people who literally bought something they never originally wanted over something they waited so long for, just because it came out earlier. Makes no sense lol.

Patience is a virtue.
The fruit of patience is a sweet one.

You're welcome to your opinion on the matter but I still think personally that it was a bad move. Most phone manufactures do not wait over a month to release a product after announcing it so early. :).

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I agree the wait Sucks but worth it. I was tempted for like 10 minutes to the iPhone 6 plus. Saw it in the store and was so underwhelmed. Played with the note 4 and it blew me away. . I've already pre-ordered the black note 4 with Best Buy

I agree Samsung may have lost sales to Apple from not releasing the note 4 earlier. But the note 4 is such a better device than the iPhone 6 it's not even funny

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

You're welcome to your opinion on the matter but I still think personally that it was a bad move. Most phone manufactures do not wait over a month to release a product after announcing it so early. :).

Well the problem isn't so much of Samsung having a month time frame between announcement and release than it is that people will actually not buy a device they anticipated so much, all because they cannot wait just a measly month more. Think about, if Samsung revealed the Note 4 on October 3rd, would it have made it a difference? We cannot blame Samsung for not being able to release it a week after Sept 3rd, because we are just consumers, mass-producing millions of high tech devices isn't exactly an easy or fast accomplishment.

Look at Apple. Yeah, they released their device early. But at what cost? The cost of it being a poor device compared to the Note 4 in terms of design and specs (design can be subjective to preference, but no one can deny specs and features).

Trust me, I would wait even a full year knowing I can get a better device than suck it up with an inferior one due to lack of patience. People are literally buying iPhone 6 just because it released earlier, even though they were all for the Note 4 before.

A month is nothing, especially for something as materialistic and unimportant as a cellphone. If people can't show patience over a device they will use as a camera and for the internet, I don't know how they will cope will real life situations that will ask them to show patience. And we all know life can be pretty ruthless when it wants to be.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Well the problem isn't so much of Samsung having a month time frame between announcement and release than it is that people will actually not buy a device they anticipated so much, all because they cannot wait just a measly month more. Think about, if Samsung revealed the Note 4 on October 3rd, would it have made it a difference? We cannot blame Samsung for not being able to release it a week after Sept 3rd, because we are just consumers, mass-producing millions of high tech devices isn't exactly an easy or fast accomplishment.

Look at Apple. Yeah, they released their device early. But at what cost? The cost of it being a poor device compared to the Note 4 in terms of design and specs (design can be subjective to preference, but no one can deny specs and features).

Trust me, I would wait even a full year knowing I can get a better device than suck it up with an inferior one due to lack of patience. People are literally buying iPhone 6 just because it released earlier, even though they were all for the Note 4 before.

A month is nothing, especially for something as materialistic and unimportant as a cellphone. If people can't show patience over a device they will use as a camera and for the internet, I don't know how they will cope will real life situations that will ask them to show patience. And we all know life can be pretty ruthless when it wants to be.

Again it is your opinion and you're welcome to it but I disagree. Apple's issue isn't due to them releasing 2 weeks or so after announcing .. that is a design issue from the get go (I assume you're referring to the "Bend Gate") ... but they produce millions all the same and were able to release shortly after an announcement .. in my opinion that is what Samsung should of done.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

I've been eligible to upgrade since June, but I knew I would want the N4 even b4 the specs came out. IMO a phone like this is worth the wait :cool: