Not bad. 2 years for $129 on the Note 4, $95 deductible covers drops, cracks and water.

Samsung Protection Plus Mobile Elite
    10-09-2014 12:02 PM
    Still depends... I mean, you're paying almost 230 bucks for your first incident... and that might be enough to cover a repair...
    10-09-2014 12:10 PM
    Not bad.

I mean, this will make using Note 4 without a case truly a peaceful experience.

I use my Note 2 without a case and am good, but have to be careful. But with a warranty like this, we can be careful and even still if the phone cracks it's covered.

Can we purchase the plan anytime after the phone's purchase?
    AnnDroid likes this.
    10-09-2014 12:16 PM
    Your homeowners policy is by far the cheapest way to insure any smartphone.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    10-09-2014 12:17 PM
    So no need for carrier (Sprint) insurance at $11/mo Plus deductible for each incident? I only had 1 but it cost me $200 for a new phone 3 weeks after i got it.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3
    10-09-2014 12:23 PM
    Your deductible should not be that low on your homeowners. Homeowners policy should be for high dollar claims. Otherwise, it will increase your payments
    10-09-2014 12:28 PM
    Your deductible should not be that low on your homeowners. Homeowners policy should be for high dollar claims. Otherwise, it will increase your payments
    I called our homeowners insurance company before I canceled the insurance AT&T offers. Smartphone loss is zero deductible (damage or actual loss/theft).
    AnnDroid likes this.
    10-09-2014 12:32 PM
    I called our homeowners insurance company before I canceled the insurance AT&T offers. Smartphone loss is zero deductible (damage or actual loss/theft).
    Whoa! I need to call my homeowners and see if mine is the same. Thank you!
    10-09-2014 12:45 PM
    Does it count as a claim against your policy? As in could it affect your premium?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    10-09-2014 01:35 PM
    Does it count as a claim against your policy? As in could it affect your premium?

In some sense it probably does however we had a claim due to water damage 3 years ago that was around $3,000 and that did not cause the premiums to increase so a phone claim (which I've never done) probably wouldn't have much if any effect on the premiums.
    10-09-2014 01:42 PM
    In some sense it probably does however we had a claim due to water damage 3 years ago that was around $3,000 and that did not cause the premiums to increase so a phone claim (which I've never done) probably wouldn't have much if any effect on the premiums.
    Interesting. Guess it depends on the plan or something. My parents had water damage claim, a few thousand too. The premium went up quite a bit for a couple of years

10-09-2014 03:50 PM
    I wonder if this would work with a renter's insurance policy? Mine covers up to $15K of contents.
    10-09-2014 04:58 PM
    I wonder if this would work with a renter's insurance policy? Mine covers up to $15K of contents.
    Call your insurance company or agent. The insurance offered by smartphone insurers is way too expensive and has too high a deductible. If your phone isn't covered on a homeowners/renters policy you can probably add a rider to cover it and the cost will still be significantly less than smartphone insurance.
    JimSmith94 likes this.
    10-09-2014 05:11 PM
    This is good info, just called my insurance company to see if I have any smartphone clauses in my homeowner's insurance policy. Also, about 5 months ago, I has a van stolen, the van wasn't worth $1000, but I had a lot of my roadrace gear in the van. Total came out to about $11,000. I almost cried because I only had liability on the van. I was told I might be covered under my homeowner's insurance. Wow, they came through like a shining angel. They replaced $7000, because my deductible was $4000. Also, my premium didn't go up !!
    10-09-2014 05:39 PM
    This is good info, just called my insurance company to see if I have any smartphone clauses in my homeowner's insurance policy. Also, about 5 months ago, I has a van stolen, the van wasn't worth $1000, but I had a lot of my roadrace gear in the van. Total came out to about $11,000. I almost cried because I only had liability on the van. I was told I might be covered under my homeowner's insurance. Wow, they came through like a shining angel. They replaced $7000, because my deductible was $4000. Also, my premium didn't go up !!
    What did your insurance company tell you about smartphone coverage through your homeowners policy?
    10-09-2014 05:46 PM
    My smartphone is covered under my homeowner's insurance? Do I need to do something special for this?
    10-09-2014 06:23 PM
    What did your insurance company tell you about smartphone coverage through your homeowners policy?
    I called them right after I made that post, my agent is supposed to call me back tomorrow with the answer on the smartphone policy, if there is one!!
    BTW, I am with StateFarm..
    10-09-2014 07:57 PM
    My Verizon insurance is $5/mo full coverage ... $100 deductible asurion.. who's paying $11/mo and deductibles?!
    10-09-2014 08:20 PM
    I called them right after I made that post, my agent is supposed to call me back tomorrow with the answer on the smartphone policy, if there is one!!
    BTW, I am with StateFarm..
    Tell Jake I said hi

Posted via Android Central App
    10-09-2014 08:26 PM
    My Verizon insurance is $5/mo full coverage ... $100 deductible asurion.. who's paying $11/mo and deductibles?!
    Note 3 on Sprint. Oddly enough, I went to check my last bill to make sure I was giving truthful info. Seems as though i dont have insurance. I most certainly had it last Thanksgiving cuz my new N3 got smashed to bits and I paid Assurion $200 for a brand new one. Hmmmm....Wonder if they dropped me without my knowledge. I never look at my bill cuz its the same every month.

10-09-2014 08:31 PM
    Tell Jake I said hi

I talked to Rick!
    reesh11 likes this.
    10-09-2014 08:51 PM