Note 4 Dating & Honeymoon

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I hope everyone is enjoying "dating/pursuing" your Note 4 (watching video reviews, talking to all your friends about your new desire, reading everything you can about it, expressing just how you can't stand waiting anymore for that "wedding day" to come already, etc etc).

Next comes the "honeymoon"; the first few days, weeks, months with your new baby. Everything is perfect for a while. Your new phone is simply awesome.

What comes next?

Real life.

I just checked out the Note 3 forum, just over a year old now. It's not as pretty over there.

7 out of the first 10 (non-pinned) posts were about issues with their phone. "Can't stand the battery on this thing!" "The microphone is missing from the keyboard!" "He leaves the toilet seat up ALL the time and never picks up HIS dirty laundry anymore!" ugh!

So, enjoy this time now, "dating/desiring/dreaming" about your next phone. Reality is just around the corner.

(PS I can't wait for my new Note 4 to arrive in 2 weeks!!!)

😆

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Dating & Honeymoon

I was thinking the same thing add I was reading other forums (although they were older phones). Technology moves so fast and I doubt anyone can keep a phone for two years with minimal problems. That's why I will probably get the new note every year. Plus I hate two year contracts :)

Posted via Android Central App

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Exactly. I've just put it in my mind I'll forever be "leasing". I can't let new Note iterations pass me by! So I'm happily courting this baby and can't wait to get married and start honeymooning!

Posted via Galaxy Note 3

Russell11

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Well.. Note 4 will be the third different phone I had this year.. Had the s4 active. The iPhone 5s.. Hoping the note 4 can keep me faithful

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

This is why I've had a stupid number of phones in the last year and a half. I get bored easily and when problems start showing up I just dump the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

This is why I've had a stupid number of phones in the last year and a half. I get bored easily and when problems start showing up I just dump the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

+1. After a while I'm just like Ehhh then I start getting that new technology itch...smartphone, tablet, fitness watch you name it. I don't discriminate lol I love gadgets!

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I wish I could do a new phone every year, but I'm not rich, even though I know I can sell the one I have each year. I also don't want to go the Edge route because my bill is already high enough. My only phones I've ever had were some slider I think was from Samsung, the Palm Treo 700wx, the Motorola Droid X, the Galaxy S3, and now the Note 2. I missed the Note 3, but the Note 4 should make up for it.

Note 2 via Android Central App

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Hey, we live once right! Why not treat ourselves to what our hearts desire? And if a new note come out once a year and my heart desires it, then i guess I'll be getting married around this time every year. I'm so dangerously in love with the note line.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I'd assume that most people post about issues and concerns because they either want to vent or are looking for help. I think the negative posts don't necessarily reflect the general or average experience. Positive experiences don't normally get posted as often I suspect. I don't post when my phone works correctly, but only when it does not.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

All phones are like that xD
The Android Central forums are swamped with people with issues with all kinds of phones, new or not. And that number isn't even close to the total number of people with issues. It just happens.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Galaxy S5

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I guess I am the only one that have not had any problems with my GNOTE3. No lag, no problems with taking pictures in low light. I use my phone for work with overhead for graphs and getting signatures using the pen. I use it for a lot of note taking at work and at church. To this day I have no complaints. If the the GNOTE4 get delayed I will not bother me at all because the Note device's meaning the phones and not the tablet are great devices. The only reason that I am upgrading is because I like the latest devices. I hope I am as happy a year from now with the GNOTE4 as I am with the GNOTE3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Hmm I don't know about that.

I loved my S3 the day I got it and I still am very satisfied with it today. I would even be fine with keeping it longer if the Note 4 weren't so damn impressive (best in class display, superb battery life, amazing features). I actually loved my 2 year old S3 even more after spending time using the new iPhone6. Now that REALLY made me appreciate the vastly superior android OS and Samsung's line of phones.

Sure, in 2 years technology will improve and things will be even better. But for sure during the 2 years I know I am going to enjoy every ounce of awesomeness the Note 4 offers.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

Frankly, the majority of posts in the Note 3 forum and most forums are because people don't know what they are doing and blame the phone or samsung or their carrier. Not that there aren't real issues - there has to be with any product - nothing's going to be perfect.

My Note 3 isn't perfect but I love it. But having answered many hundreds of posts in the Note 3 forum myself, the majority of problems are due to the owners of the phone either not understanding how it works or doing something to screw it up.

People aren't generally posting in a forum a year after a phone comes out just to say how much they love their phone. Although you will actually find posts like that in the Note 3 forum, people usually post because they need help with something or just want to complain.

And of course year old batteries don't perform like they used to when new so a lot of battery posts always pop up about any phone at this time. Not to mention that many people never do a factory reset of their phone and all the things they've done to to over the course of a year tend to add up. There are also a lot of those "1 post" people who have ulterior motives.

People who are happy with their phones after a year are just using it and not posting about it or are getting ready for an upgrade and posting about their potential new phone. There was an extreme decline in Note 3 postings as soon as the Note 4 was launched for instance.

Most people are happy with their Note 3 and most likely most people will be happy with their Note 4. There will of course be some issues to deal with - some will be fixed and some will have to be lived with or worked around. Some people will have no issues with their phone at all and most will likely have minor issues that don't stop them from loving their phone.

There will likely be a very small percentage of people who end up saying they hate the phone, regardless of whether there is actually anything wrong with the phone. There will also be people who complain about issues that they have caused themselves and/or refuse to fix themselves. And there will be people who don't bother to find out how to use the phone that complain about issues that don't even exist.

Some people will find out it just wasn't the right phone for them in the first place. And some people may have bad luck with hardware and get too frustrated to want to deal with it. Most people will be happy with their purchase. Those people will post less and less as time goes on.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Most of those are after a big update though.. Not just stock.

I've been on stock Note 3 since day 1 without an issue :).

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I hope everyone is enjoying "dating/pursuing" your Note 4 (watching video reviews, talking to all your friends about your new desire, reading everything you can about it, expressing just how you can't stand waiting anymore for that "wedding day" to come already, etc etc).

Next comes the "honeymoon"; the first few days, weeks, months with your new baby. Everything is perfect for a while. Your new phone is simply awesome.

What comes next?

Real life.

I just checked out the Note 3 forum, just over a year old now. It's not as pretty over there.

7 out of the first 10 (non-pinned) posts were about issues with their phone. "Can't stand the battery on this thing!" "The microphone is missing from the keyboard!" "He leaves the toilet seat up ALL the time and never picks up HIS dirty laundry anymore!" ugh!

So, enjoy this time now, "dating/desiring/dreaming" about your next phone. Reality is just around the corner.

(PS I can't wait for my new Note 4 to arrive in 2 weeks!!!)

😆

Not true I've had my note since new and it still as fast as it was the day I got it .Your gonna always hear from the unhappy folks x but Sammy sold well over 10 million n3 and there's plenty of folks like myself who are waiting for my note 4 to show up enough said

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

People aren't generally posting in a forum a year after a phone comes out just to say how much they love their phone.
People who are happy with their phones after a year are just using it and not posting about it or are getting ready for an upgrade and posting about their potential new phone. There was an extreme decline in Note 3 postings as soon as the Note 4 was launched for instance.
Most people will be happy with their purchase. Those people will post less and less as time goes on.

I couldn't agree more.

Soon after getting my current phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) I quit posting to the forums and quit looking at the forums soon after.

I just enjoyed my new phone.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

True most people stop coming to the forums to talk and thrybjust enjoy their phones. Them there is people like me who continue to come to the threads and enjoy talking about the devices. I frequent many forums. Just fun for me to talk to people who love phones as much as I do.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Well.. Note 4 will be the third different phone I had this year.. Had the s4 active. The iPhone 5s.. Hoping the note 4 can keep me faithful
Same here, Galaxy S5 to the LG G3, back to Galaxy S5, now back to G3 again until sometime this week when my Note 4 arrives! Then head to head against the LG G3 to see which is really worth the hype.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20