01-11-2015 02:30 AM
37 12
tools
    Yeah your right, note 3 is better.. I have note 4 I had more fun with my note 3
    10-19-2014 05:58 PM
    Admittedly I skimmed and could have missed this but by far my most favorite app is Tasker. Can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be with good instructional forums.

Posted via the Android Central App
    BINFINITEPHOTO likes this.
    10-19-2014 10:34 PM
    RE Weatherbug...Been liking 1Weather a lot since Weatherbug Elite ripped off its paid subscribers. Used to love WB Elite. 1Weather even better now I think.

I posted this to the 10.1 (2014) section a few weeks ago, so you might try looking through that section as well, many of the Note tablet apps should also be great on the Note 4. I also agree this is very subjective, but this is my list of "must haves" and some are very job specific.

I always enjoy this type thread. Seems I find something awesome that I would have never tried each time I read through. So, here is a list of my favorites.

Onenote (Latest update allows for ink)
    Android Central App (of course)
    Dropbox
    OneDrive
    Amazon
    Cisco AnyConnect (VPN)
    Microsoft RD Client
    Jump
    WiFi Analyzer
    VNC Viewer
    Fing (network scanner)
    ES File Explorer (allows for file server connection)
    Nine (Exchange mail client)
    ADPMobile (job specific)
    ADP Service Connect (job specific)
    Kingsoft Office
    Spotify
    SwipePad
    theScore
    Weatherbug
    Zedge

I've had the Note 3 since launch, just got the Note 10.1 2014 a few days ago. What an awesome pair. Can't wait for the Note 4 to arrive.
    DreamSTi likes this.
    10-20-2014 10:25 AM
    S Note syncs into Evernote and is so much better on Note series phones and tablets than the Evernote app. Just saying.

GregMargie likes this.
    11-12-2014 12:31 PM
    I just got the Note 4. About a month ago I bought the Note Pro 12.2. Does anybody know if it is possible to transfer Artrage from the Note 4 to the Note Pro? If so, how would be the best way of doing so? I would love to use it on the larger tablet.
    11-24-2014 05:46 PM
    I just tried to do that from my Note 4 to my Note 10.1 and was unable to do so, but for me it was worth the price of just buying it for the tablet. I have been waiting for this for 2 years and guess it is now time to sell my iPad that I only kept because of Procreate. Finally a great art app for Android.
    I am seriously considering selling my Note 10.1 and replacing it with the Note Pro 12.2, I was just going to get the newer version of the 10.1 but I see it still comes with Jelly Bean and I want the newer OS.

If you paid for your copy of ArtRage you should be able to find it in purchased apps and simply download it to the tablet, if you got the free version I don't think you can, I know I couldn't. Since your 12.2 is so new you may be eligible for a free copy on it too though.
    11-25-2014 02:21 PM
    S Note syncs into Evernote and is so much better on Note series phones and tablets than the Evernote app. Just saying.

Thank you for that info, because I use Evernote!
    11-25-2014 04:35 PM
    Whatever apps you decide to go with, it's always a good idea to load new ones one or two at a time to make sure that you like them. More importantly, if there is an app that creates a major problem, it's easier to figure out which one.

I loaded up a few apps yesterday from this thread and uninstalled all of them at lunch today.

Something was keeping android system awake constantly, and battery life was cut in half.

Turned out to be a work app that I had not used since I got the phone. After I logged in, it sat there polling the database nonstop, even after I got out of it. I saw solid blue line for "awake" and wanted to throw up.
    11-25-2014 06:05 PM
    what could be on the note 3 that is better than on the 4?
    01-10-2015 08:06 PM
    Tasker pisses me off. I never get it to run the profiles.
    01-10-2015 08:07 PM
    Not that it's specific to the Note 4, but GasBuddy is an essential for me.
    01-10-2015 08:58 PM
    For the artists out there, I haven't tried ArtRage on my Note 4, but I have a Wacom tablet for my Mac and that program Rocks. I love the layout and the whole program I find easier to use than AutoDesk Sketchbook apps. I have Sketchbook Pro on my Note 10.1 and love it, but I find it easier to pick tools on ArtRage. Anxious to see it on my Note 4 now that it's been mentioned. I do find it a little hard though to do serious artwork on such a small screen, but I have been able to do some on the Art with Friends app. A little P.O.'d about Autodesk stopping the other Sketchbook apps and re-charging now for it. Wasn't aware of that, so thanks for the info.

Some I like to use are: Nova Launcher Prime, Home Switcher (switches between launchers), Art with Friends (formerly Draw Something 2), Dropbox and Dropsync, Lecture Notes, apMemo Lite (can see written notes on your homescreen without having to open the note app, unlike S-Note and others. I use it for quick grocery lists or to do's), Kik Messenger, Keyring, Picsart, Skype, Tasks N Todos Lite, Swiftkey Keyboard, android pro widgets, CamCard Lite (for business cards), and Calengoo Calender. Some of the others mentioned above in other posts,
    01-11-2015 02:30 AM
37 12