Must have Note 4 Apps

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I only list essentials I use, followed by brief explanation.

1. Aquamail: black theme saves battery, handles all email servers.

2. firefox: black and white addon save battery, more resistant to android platform security weaknesses.

3. piecontrol: a cleaner desktop, a quick access to wifi/data toggle to save battery

4. gravity pro: a easy way to turn on/off the phone w/o touch the power or home button, save physical buttons.

5. textra: a black theme saving battery, easy to reply to messages

6. Here map: a true offline, GPS style map and navigation app, dark theme in navigation.

7. Milk: streaming music, free of data charge on T-mobile

8. whatsapp: good way to text/voice/video communicate with friends.

I would assume video streaming apps need no mention, since we all have it and know what they are.

blackwe387

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I swear, I was just about to post this!! This will be my first note ever and I'm STOKED!!!!! Want to utilize this beast to it's maximum potential. Can any of you fellow note lover's help us out with MUST HAVE APPS.........Giddy up

Love your pic Bro ;)) First of all the Note 4 is a beast it has it hi's and lows but I love my note 3 wit unlocked bootloader T- mobile that is enjoy....

Posted via the Android Central App

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for a list of must have app list for the Note 4. I actually coming over from the Galaxy S5 and admittedly have not even scratched the surface of that phone. I want to maximize my usage of the Note 4 as I don't plan on another phone for about 2 years unless something blows my mind. Also I left my Iphone 5s for the Galaxy.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the best phones on the planet the note 3 and 4 well your in for a ride of your life the note phones will blow you away by all the things they can do the best thing to do is go on line watch all the good video and see all the things it can do

Posted via Android Central App

abarzua21

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Some good apps for note 4,
1) lookout security
2) Clean master
3) Sketchbook for galaxy (S-pen)
4) G-cloud (backs up everything)
5) Cloud magic
6) drippler
I'm just trying to name a few off the top of my head.

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Admittedly I skimmed and could have missed this but by far my most favorite app is Tasker. Can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be with good instructional forums.

Posted via the Android Central App

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
RE Weatherbug...Been liking 1Weather a lot since Weatherbug Elite ripped off its paid subscribers. Used to love WB Elite. 1Weather even better now I think.

I posted this to the 10.1 (2014) section a few weeks ago, so you might try looking through that section as well, many of the Note tablet apps should also be great on the Note 4. I also agree this is very subjective, but this is my list of "must haves" and some are very job specific.

I always enjoy this type thread. Seems I find something awesome that I would have never tried each time I read through. So, here is a list of my favorites.

Onenote (Latest update allows for ink)
Android Central App (of course)
Dropbox
OneDrive
Amazon
Cisco AnyConnect (VPN)
Microsoft RD Client
Jump
WiFi Analyzer
VNC Viewer
Fing (network scanner)
ES File Explorer (allows for file server connection)
Nine (Exchange mail client)
ADPMobile (job specific)
ADP Service Connect (job specific)
Kingsoft Office
Spotify
SwipePad
theScore
Weatherbug
Zedge

I've had the Note 3 since launch, just got the Note 10.1 2014 a few days ago. What an awesome pair. Can't wait for the Note 4 to arrive.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Note 4. About a month ago I bought the Note Pro 12.2. Does anybody know if it is possible to transfer Artrage from the Note 4 to the Note Pro? If so, how would be the best way of doing so? I would love to use it on the larger tablet.

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I just tried to do that from my Note 4 to my Note 10.1 and was unable to do so, but for me it was worth the price of just buying it for the tablet. I have been waiting for this for 2 years and guess it is now time to sell my iPad that I only kept because of Procreate. Finally a great art app for Android. :)
I am seriously considering selling my Note 10.1 and replacing it with the Note Pro 12.2, I was just going to get the newer version of the 10.1 but I see it still comes with Jelly Bean and I want the newer OS.

If you paid for your copy of ArtRage you should be able to find it in purchased apps and simply download it to the tablet, if you got the free version I don't think you can, I know I couldn't. Since your 12.2 is so new you may be eligible for a free copy on it too though.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Whatever apps you decide to go with, it's always a good idea to load new ones one or two at a time to make sure that you like them. More importantly, if there is an app that creates a major problem, it's easier to figure out which one.

I loaded up a few apps yesterday from this thread and uninstalled all of them at lunch today.

Something was keeping android system awake constantly, and battery life was cut in half.

Turned out to be a work app that I had not used since I got the phone. After I logged in, it sat there polling the database nonstop, even after I got out of it. I saw solid blue line for "awake" and wanted to throw up.

KINGLIFER

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
what could be on the note 3 that is better than on the 4?

Tasker pisses me off. I never get it to run the profiles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
For the artists out there, I haven't tried ArtRage on my Note 4, but I have a Wacom tablet for my Mac and that program Rocks. I love the layout and the whole program I find easier to use than AutoDesk Sketchbook apps. I have Sketchbook Pro on my Note 10.1 and love it, but I find it easier to pick tools on ArtRage. Anxious to see it on my Note 4 now that it's been mentioned. I do find it a little hard though to do serious artwork on such a small screen, but I have been able to do some on the Art with Friends app. A little P.O.'d about Autodesk stopping the other Sketchbook apps and re-charging now for it. Wasn't aware of that, so thanks for the info.

Some I like to use are: Nova Launcher Prime, Home Switcher (switches between launchers), Art with Friends (formerly Draw Something 2), Dropbox and Dropsync, Lecture Notes, apMemo Lite (can see written notes on your homescreen without having to open the note app, unlike S-Note and others. I use it for quick grocery lists or to do's), Kik Messenger, Keyring, Picsart, Skype, Tasks N Todos Lite, Swiftkey Keyboard, android pro widgets, CamCard Lite (for business cards), and Calengoo Calender. Some of the others mentioned above in other posts,