Hey guys - I am in a plan in which I must pay for the entire cost of the device upfront or through ATT Next(which I typically don't like to do).

As Verizon has the phone off-contract for $699 vs $829 for ATT can I purchase the verizon GN4 for the full $700 and then use it on my ATT plan? I didn't see the GN4 having different bands for the different carriers so am not sure if this would work. Is it like the iPhone in which the every phone has all the bands?

Ideally I would like to use the Samsung GN4 $200 discount along with this so I purchase the phone for $700 with $10 trade-in it is $690. Then use it on ATT and submit my receipts to Samsung for the $200-$10 = $190 rebate?

Would this work or do I need to buy it from ATT for the phone to work and the rebate?

Thanks for the help
    10-10-2014 12:07 PM
    Here's a band comparison between devices. Verizon phone has a lot less bands than AT&T's, but if AT&T uses LTE Band 4, then Verizon's model will work; otherwise, you're out of luck.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...uar-bands.html
    10-10-2014 12:14 PM
    Thanks for the spreadsheet SpookDroid!

It looks like I am better of going with T-Mobile as they and ATT have the same US Bands.

Now I wonder if they(T-Mobile) will provide me with the unlocked phone upon paying $750 for it, so I can use it on ATT. Anyone know?
    10-10-2014 12:51 PM

It looks like I am better of going with T-Mobile as they and ATT have the same US Bands.

Now I wonder if they(T-Mobile) will provide me with the unlocked phone upon paying $750 for it, so I can use it on ATT. Anyone know?
    You should be able to buy it for full price after the release date, but the $200 rebate is only for preorders.
    10-10-2014 01:20 PM

AT&T's and T-Mo's phones ship SIM locked. So even if you buy it off contract, they are still SIM locked to their network. But since you payed for the phone, they can unlock it for you. However, at least for T-Mo (according to their guidelines), you have to use the device for at least 40 days on their network and have no outstanding balance on either the phone's payments or the line it's being used on at the time of unlocking. There's also a limit on the unlock requests you can submit per year.
    Redirecting

As for the table, thank dpham, he's the one that put this together
    10-10-2014 01:24 PM
    Att requires 60 days for unlock

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    SpookDroid and amtrucker22 like this.
    10-10-2014 01:37 PM
    Thank you everyone. I guess I have no option but to buy it from ATT if I decide to get this phone.

Just really sucks that they are charging $125 more for the same phone compared to Verizon. This is the one thing I have to give credit Apple for they make sure the pricing is the same for all their products from the different carriers. Wished Samsung would do that also.

Thanks again!
    10-10-2014 02:19 PM
    Thank you everyone. I guess I have no option but to buy it from ATT if I decide to get this phone.

Just really sucks that they are charging $125 more for the same phone compared to Verizon. This is the one thing I have to give credit Apple for they make sure the pricing is the same for all their products from the different carriers. Wished Samsung would do that also.

Thanks again!
    You could order from BB they will price match Amazon which was $799 last time I checked.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-10-2014 02:35 PM

Thanks again!
    Except the Verizon and AT&T phones are NOT the same. Different bands mean different hardware and radios. And depending on carrier deals, it might be pricier, too.
    10-10-2014 03:45 PM