Note 4 Undecided

SupersoNick_95

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I really like the note 4 a lot. I'm new to android and I'm really scared of touchwiz to be honest. Is it really as bad as they put it out to be?

Posted via the Android Central App

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Undecided

I really like the note 4 a lot. I'm new to android and I'm really scared of touchwiz to be honest. Is it really as bad as they put it out to be?

No it's not and you can download Nova launcher when you get your phone

Posted via Android Central App

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

You will get different answers from different people. Some love it, some hate it, and some (like me) don't know what all the TW fuss is about. Only way to know is to try it for yourself, imo. If u don't like it, try a different launcher to you find what u like. Android has so many options there's bound to be something for everyone. ;-)

Posted via Galaxy Note 3

SupersoNick_95

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

No it's not and you can download Nova launcher when you get your phone

Posted via Android Central App

I have a galaxy tab 4 and I put Nova launcher and so far I like it. I just heard about all lag touchwiz causes but I doubt that it will on such a fast phone. Thanks for the feedback!

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

It's subjective. I don't mind it but some people absolutely despise it. I've had HTC's, LG's Samsung's and Nexus. They all have their own perks and quirks. While I am a fan of the pure Android that my nexus tablet has, I like the features touchwiz adds to my phones. But again, it's all about personal preference. What platform are you coming from?

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 3

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

As who puts it out to be? It depends on what you want your phone to do. If you want your phone to be "clean" and to the point, and open your games/social media/etc. 1 millisecond faster, then TW might not be for you. If you use your phone as a productivity tool and utilize the things TW adds, then you will like TW as I do. You can always add a custom launcher to get rid of the face of TW.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

If you are scared or even skeptical, my advice don't get one! :) The rest of us are trampling over everything to get our mitts on a Note 4.:D

SupersoNick_95

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

It's subjective. I don't mind it but some people absolutely despise it. I've had HTC's, LG's Samsung's and Nexus. They all have their own perks and quirks. While I am a fan of the pure Android that my nexus tablet has, I like the features touchwiz adds to my phones. But again, it's all about personal preference. What platform are you coming from?

iOS.... I'm sick and tired of it. It was good when I was younger but now that I go to college I need more functionality and Android is just plain cooler.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

iOS.... I'm sick and tired of it. It was good when I was younger but now that I go to college I need more functionality and Android is just plain cooler.

It definitely isn't as simplistic as iOS, but that is a good thing. You'll be fine. Just go for it and enjoy. Just take it slow and YouTube will be your friend. The forums are a great resource as well.

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I like it overall. I've used pure Android, Sense, and Touchwiz. They all have their pluses. With the Note Touchwiz is great and it adds all of the s-pen functionality. Personally I like it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

As others said it really isn't that bad.. It used to be... But not anymore... And you can always install another Launcher if it really bothers you :).

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

TOUCHWIZ IS AMAZING

I have a Note 2 since launch, and used every launcher but stuck with Touchwiz. My fiancee with her S2, brothers with S4's, my mom with S5 and younger brother with S3(N4 this Tuesday), and several uncles and aunts with S5's as well, we all use touchwiz and have never complained about it.

Never lagged for me, and I find it's features nice. Likewise with the Note4, I will be sticking with Touchwiz (which has become even better it seems from reviews so far).

Go for it.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

It's very much subjective. I have always despised it but many people love it. Have you gone to Best Buy to look at a demo version?

David Lees1

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

It used to be pretty bad, and people love to hate it. This time around it doesn't seem bad at all, and you can change just about any aspect of it that you don't like.

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

Don't listen to what most people say about TouchWiz. I've used it for years and it fantastic.

Byron 5

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

TOUCHWIZ IS AMAZING

I have a Note 2 since launch, and used every launcher but stuck with Touchwiz. My fiancee with her S2, brothers with S4's, my mom with S5 and younger brother with S3(N4 this Tuesday), and several uncles and aunts with S5's as well, we all use touchwiz and have never complained about it.

Never lagged for me, and I find it's features nice. Likewise with the Note4, I will be sticking with Touchwiz (which has become even better it seems from reviews so far).

Go for it.

Great Samsung family there!