10-13-2014 01:40 AM
58 123
tools
    I can Compare my precious experience with my nexus 5, my friends iPhone 6 plus and iPhone 5s and I prefer it over basic mode on my tab s 10.5.... The basic mode looks washed out to me, while the others do not

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    FTFY
    10-11-2014 08:53 PM
    FTFY
    English?

itsnotmeitsyou likes this.
    10-11-2014 08:54 PM
    English?

Lol, "fixed that for you"
    10-11-2014 08:54 PM
    Lol, "fixed that for you"
    Fixed what? Basic mode is washed out fact..... IPhone 6 plus isn't...

10-11-2014 08:55 PM
    Fixed what? Basic mode is washed out fact..... IPhone 6 plus isn't...

I'm done. I've said what I need to say and it's not sinking in. Moving on..
    10-11-2014 08:57 PM
    I'm done. I've said what I need to say and it's not sinking in. Moving on..
    Nothing to sink it.... Basic looks like crap

10-11-2014 08:58 PM
    Nothing to sink it.... Basic looks like crap

You don't know the definition of fact. It's your own fact, but not everyone else's. Some might like the look of basic. That's all I'm trying to say. I can't really say it any simpler.
    10-11-2014 08:59 PM
    You don't know the definition of fact. It's your own fact, but not everyone else's. Some might like the look of basic. That's all I'm trying to say. I can't really say it any simpler.
    Lcd, amoled > amoled basic

10-11-2014 09:00 PM
    Lcd, amoled > amoled basic

That, my friend, is an example of an opinion. Congratulations, you learned something new today.
    Stephen Martino likes this.
    10-11-2014 09:01 PM
    That, my friend, is an example of an opinion. Congratulations, you learned something new today.
    Lerned nothing.... Amoled basic is WASHED out.... I'll take pics

10-11-2014 09:02 PM
    The end statement remains: no matter how you look at it, the Note 4 has the most accurate colors one way or another.

And it also has the best saturated colors. You cannot go wrong either way.

Basic on previous Galaxy devices was pretty average however.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-11-2014 10:30 PM
    According to many reviewing websites the display is as accurate as it was told by displaymate.
    And yes basic mode is the most accurate display mode on note 4,older galaxy devices do not have that colour accuracy even in basic mode.

Accurate colours may appear 'bad' or washed out to someone as that person's eyes may have adjusted to over saturated colours.(Actually I hated the accurate colours on my s3,which was due to a custom kernel)
    10-12-2014 12:55 AM
    Comparing at Best Buy the G3 display has very weak contrast, weaker view angles and runs much warmer. Displaymate shows the G3 display consumes nearly twice the power and has three hours less screen on time. GSMarena is one of the sites noting this and correlates with the power efficiency difference.
    10-12-2014 08:51 AM
    I don't know all the technical jargon, but I've looked a the Note 4 a couple of times in my local BB and the screen was the most impressive I've seen. I took some pics, watched youtube videos etc and loved every second of it.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-12-2014 09:51 AM
    I don't know all the technical jargon, but I've looked a the Note 4 a couple of times in my local BB and the screen was the most impressive I've seen. I took some pics, watched youtube videos etc and loved every second of it.

Posted via Android Central App
    Because amoled is a whole different beast then lcd. Plenty of people prefer lcd over amoled as well as people who prefer amoled

10-12-2014 10:33 AM
    How good is the screen, really?

The following seems to describe it aptly (from a Russian tech website, translated):

"In my opinion, the amount of work that Samsung has done in SuperAMOLED screens, created a gap between the closest competitors for years...The bottom line is I want to mention that the screen in Note 4 can be called a work of engineering art - it's the best screen..."

And from the same review, a super magnified picture showing the display of the Note 4. It looks sharper than print found in high quality artbooks!

Attachment 140570

For me the display is the primary reason why I cannot even consider other phones (M8, G3, IP6, X, S5). This plus the battery life makes it a strong choice for me and I think is well worthy of being called the best phone out there. And that's not even looking at everything else on this powerhouse!
    I played with one at best buy, and yes the screen was nice, but unless you have it right next to another phone, you are not going to be able to tell a difference, even from 1080p devices. Now if you are constantly comparing phones side by side, you will see a difference. That being said. I love how far screens have come and how great they are now.
    10-12-2014 11:38 AM
    The end statement remains: no matter how you look at it, the Note 4 has the most accurate colors one way or another.

And it also has the best saturated colors. You cannot go wrong either way.

Basic on previous Galaxy devices was pretty average however.

I'll let you know tomorrow how accurate / nice it looks . I can't wait to see that screen!
    10-12-2014 12:30 PM
    I'll let you know tomorrow how accurate / nice it looks . I can't wait to see that screen!
    I get my Note 4 tomorrow myself lol

10-12-2014 12:39 PM
    I've seen both lg g3 and the n4 and the Sammy with super ammo screen is much better and brighter check out the promo pictures they have on the phone there amazing don't walk run to get the n4 before there all gone

10-12-2014 04:32 PM
    Ok FYI I've seen the iPhone plus and it's no match for the note 3 let alone the note 4 it's the best out there right now

10-12-2014 04:36 PM
    All of the screens on modern smartphones these days are perfectly fine, even the 720p displays. They all get the job done. My 10" tablet is 702p (132ppi) and it's perfectly readable, with clean text. You only see pixels if you hold these phones directly against your eyeball. My advice.... stop doing that. It's unhealthy; you can get an infection.

On something as small as a 5 inch screen, QHD is ridiculous overkill. I hope phone manufacturers finally call it quits at QHD and start focusing their energy on features that REALLY need their attention, like improved battery life, or better personal assistant integration.
    10-12-2014 06:34 PM
    All of the screens on modern smartphones these days are perfectly fine, even the 720p displays. They all get the job done. My 10" tablet is 702p (132ppi) and it's perfectly readable, with clean text. You only see pixels if you hold these phones directly against your eyeball. My advice.... stop doing that. It's unhealthy; you can get an infection.

On something as small as a 5 inch screen, QHD is ridiculous overkill. I hope phone manufacturers finally call it quits at QHD and start focusing their energy on features that REALLY need their attention, like improved battery life, or better personal assistant integration.
    No. First of all, its 5.7in, close to 6, not 5. Secondly, DisplayMate's intensive research and lab tests labeled N4's screen as literally being an 1440p uhdtv in the palm of your hands. There is no screen degradation due to it being a smaller screen.

Secondly, battery life on the N4 is one of the best to ever exist. I buy new smartphones for amazing graphics and features, with great battery.

If all you care about is battery, might as well as switch back to Nokia 3310.

10-12-2014 06:41 PM
    No. First of all, its 5.7in, close to 6, not 5. Secondly, DisplayMate's intensive research and lab tests labeled N4's screen as literally being an 1440p uhdtv in the palm of your hands. There is no screen degradation due to it being a smaller screen.

Secondly, battery life on the N4 is one of the best to ever exist. I buy new smartphones for amazing graphics and features, with great battery.

If all you care about is battery, might as well as switch back to Nokia 3310.

That's fine. You're still enjoying "amazing graphics" on a baby-sized screen, whether it be 5in or 6in. The fact is it's NOT a uhdtv. They can shove all the pixels they want in there. It won't make the picture any better than it already is, and won't make the experience any more immersive because the screen is too small for those purposes. Sure, people do it. People play games on their phones, and they watch movies on their phones. And they convince themselves that it doesn't suck, but it does.
    10-12-2014 06:54 PM
    I've loved my iPhone 5's LCD screen for the last 2 years, and I've historically liked LCD more than the amoled screens on Android devices. But I gotta tell you that I love LOVE the screen on the N4. Saturated vs. non-saturated, warm vs. cool, accurate vs. non-accurate colors, all meaningless to my old eyes. The N4 screen looks incredible in person and is a bit better, IMO, than the iPhone 6+, which I was also considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-12-2014 07:12 PM
    That's fine. You're still enjoying "amazing graphics" on a baby-sized screen, whether it be 5in or 6in. The fact is it's NOT a uhdtv. They can shove all the pixels they want in there. It won't make the picture any better than it already is, and won't make the experience any more immersive because the screen is too small for those purposes. Sure, people do it. People play games on their phones, and they watch movies on their phones. And they convince themselves that it doesn't suck, but it does.
    Except it gives you the best possible experience on the go. No one is nor can hold a 55inch tv around in their pockets. The N4, and any 1440p phone, gives the graphics fidelity of a uhdtv on a handheld screen. In fact, the N4 has a perfect ratio to either a 55inch or 70+ uhdtv shrunk to handheld.

There is no convincing needed. The better experience is my 55inch Samsung uhdtv yes, but the more portable and equally enjoyable is my current note and from tomorrow on, the Note 4.

10-12-2014 07:14 PM
58 123