Note 4 Display

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 6 plus screen is pretty amazing for what it is and isn't washed out

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It's all personal preference. If you look at the RGB values, the Note 4 has one of the most realistic looking color displays when set to basic mode. I happen to not like the look of any LCD display panel. But again, that's my personal preference.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It's all personal preference. If you look at the RGB values, the Note 4 has one of the most realistic looking color displays when set to basic mode. I happen to not like the look of any LCD display panel. But again, that's my personal preference.
I prefer amoled... I'm just stating not everybody likes amoled though. And if you don't basic mode is crap compared to LCD displays

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
And if you don't basic mode is crap compared to LCD displays

Again, that's personal preference and you're stating it as fact. Like I said, if you look at the values, basic mode is better than most LCD displays. Whether or not it is appealing will be up to each individual to decide for themselves.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Again, that's personal preference and you're stating it as fact. Like I said, if you look at the values, basic mode is better than most LCD displays. Whether or not it is appealing will be up to each individual to decide for themselves.
I can Compare my precious experience with my nexus 5, my friends iPhone 6 plus and iPhone 5s and I prefer it over basic mode on my tab s 10.5.... The basic mode is washed out while the others are not

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
The end statement remains: no matter how you look at it, the Note 4 has the most accurate colors one way or another.

And it also has the best saturated colors. You cannot go wrong either way.

Basic on previous Galaxy devices was pretty average however.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yoink676

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
According to many reviewing websites the display is as accurate as it was told by displaymate.
And yes basic mode is the most accurate display mode on note 4,older galaxy devices do not have that colour accuracy even in basic mode.

Accurate colours may appear 'bad' or washed out to someone as that person's eyes may have adjusted to over saturated colours.(Actually I hated the accurate colours on my s3,which was due to a custom kernel)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Comparing at Best Buy the G3 display has very weak contrast, weaker view angles and runs much warmer. Displaymate shows the G3 display consumes nearly twice the power and has three hours less screen on time. GSMarena is one of the sites noting this and correlates with the power efficiency difference.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't know all the technical jargon, but I've looked a the Note 4 a couple of times in my local BB and the screen was the most impressive I've seen. I took some pics, watched youtube videos etc and loved every second of it.

Posted via Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know all the technical jargon, but I've looked a the Note 4 a couple of times in my local BB and the screen was the most impressive I've seen. I took some pics, watched youtube videos etc and loved every second of it.

Posted via Android Central App
Because amoled is a whole different beast then lcd. Plenty of people prefer lcd over amoled as well as people who prefer amoled

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol