10-17-2014 01:01 AM
63 123
tools
    Does the back on the black version feel softer than the back on the white version, as was with the Note 3?

Posted via Android Central App
    The black is softer.
    10-12-2014 10:03 AM
    Pretty sure all reviews I read/watched mentioned the black not having the color painted.

I could be wrong of course, but a confirmation on this would be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App
    The black versions are painted just like the others, the point that reviewers were trying to make was that the unpainted beveled edge stands out more visually due to the higher contrast.
    int_architect likes this.
    10-12-2014 10:18 AM
    The black versions are painted just like the others, the point that reviewers were trying to make was that the unpainted beveled edge stands out more visually due to the higher contrast.
    Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about. ALL versions have a painted belt about the sides.
    10-12-2014 10:29 AM
    Possibly. Like I said, I usually skip thru reviews etc and havent held one in person yet at a demo store, all due to lack of time.

But one things for sure, the white paint stands out clearly and doesnt compliment the silver trim as nicely as on the black.

10-12-2014 10:35 AM
    Check the screenshot here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post3921561

Pretty definitively black paint, IMO.
    10-12-2014 10:38 AM
    Check the screenshot here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post3921561

Pretty definitively black paint, IMO.
    Still not using a case lol

10-12-2014 10:42 AM
    10-12-2014 10:47 AM
    Would it not be relatively easy to remove the paint if one was inclined to do so?

10-12-2014 10:48 AM
    That's what I thought, but maybe we are the minority.
    No, you are not in the minority!

The point is, different people can have an opposite opinion on something and the kicker is, they both be CORRECT!! It be a pretty dull world if what excites us is the same with everybody..

Again, the point is, the color that YOU like is the one for you. What others do shouldn't matter, you are th one that will be enjoying the phone!!

Just my two cents.. BTW, I am with the black or with the Note 4, close to black, as you can see in my sig..
    10-12-2014 10:55 AM
    10-12-2014 11:02 AM
    Feels the same to me.
    10-12-2014 11:02 AM
    Trust me the black note 3 and 4 in black always fill softer I don't know why that is but it's true I know cause I have the note 3 in black but go fill for yourself

10-12-2014 03:40 PM
    I see this "paint" on the aluminum wearing off in a quick manner. IF that's the case, then Sammy needs to FIRE the idiots that made the decision to paint aluminum!!!

Anywho, if it happens, some paint thinner and a rag will fix that right up!
    10-12-2014 04:55 PM
    Would it not be relatively easy to remove the paint if one was inclined to do so?
    I see this "paint" on the aluminum wearing off in a quick manner. IF that's the case, then Sammy needs to FIRE the idiots that made the decision to paint aluminum!!!
    Anywho, if it happens, some paint thinner and a rag will fix that right up!
    It's a good chance that its not actually paint, I would guess its a powder coating which would not come off easily with a typical paint thinner. You would need a chemical that's a little stronger or remove it useing a mechanical method such as steel wool.
    10-12-2014 10:21 PM
    It's a good chance that its not actually paint, I would guess its a powder coating which would not come off easily with a typical paint thinner. You would need a chemical that's a little stronger or remove it useing a mechanical method such as steel wool.
    Paint thinner dang it! I like the smell Steel wool doesn't smell....
    10-13-2014 02:55 AM
    Am I the only one who hoped they were going to have Pink as a launch color, but got disappointed when they didn't have that as a choice? I wanted a unique and awesome color...oh well that's what cases are for anyways right...to color things up a bit I suppose. I ended up going with white because I just felt like it will match my Samsung Note tablet since that it white too I guess. <.<;
    10-13-2014 01:21 PM
    Am I the only one who hoped they were going to have Pink as a launch color, but got disappointed when they didn't have that as a choice? I wanted a unique and awesome color...oh well that's what cases are for anyways right...to color things up a bit I suppose. I ended up going with white because I just felt like it will match my Samsung Note tablet since that it white too I guess. <.<;
    For the life of me, I'll never understand why launch after launch Samsung continues to announce colors that aren't universally available. I initially wanted Gold, but since it wouldn't be available at launch I started eying the White version. Decided on Black because of a super dirty White Note 4 on display at Best Buy.
    sillehrabbitz likes this.
    10-13-2014 01:26 PM
    For the life of me, I'll never understand why launch after launch Samsung continues to announce colors that aren't universally available. I initially wanted Gold, but since it wouldn't be available at launch I started eying the White version. Decided on Black because of a super dirty White Note 4 on display at Best Buy.
    What part of the phone was dirty? The back?
    10-13-2014 01:32 PM
    What part of the phone was dirty? The back?
    The back and sides, but the back was worse even though I'm sure it's easily cleaned.
    10-13-2014 01:37 PM
    That's what I was wondering. Its so hard to tell from the pictures what the color actually looks like, but I do know that I do not want a grey phone. Why couldn't they just make it an elegant black!!!!! Ugh, looks like I'll be getting the white (again)......
    67srbell likes this.
    10-13-2014 05:01 PM
    That's what I was wondering. Its so hard to tell from the pictures what the color actually looks like, but I do know that I do not want a grey phone. Why couldn't they just make it an elegant black!!!!! Ugh, looks like I'll be getting the white (again)......
    It is definitely a dark gray
    10-13-2014 05:41 PM
    Its not piano black thank God. Its a dark gray charcoal ashy black. Looks real nice. Like the titanium S2 Note 2, S3 etc

10-13-2014 05:44 PM
    My ATT order states color is "charcoal black". Actual color I guess lies in the eye of the beholder.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    10-13-2014 05:58 PM
    Great device. Good job by Samsung in offering more colors than just black. This device is outstanding and deserves to stand out everywhere. My first time getting a Note 4, I have been curious about it for a long time now. Happy that it's almost here. Have fun everyone!!!

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Just saw the black version-28007.jpg  
    10-13-2014 06:15 PM
    I love my black one. It's sexy .
    Tarek53180 and Honey_184 like this.
    10-13-2014 06:55 PM
63 123