Note 4 Just saw the black version

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It was displayed at my local ATT corp store. They said that it cannot be sold until the 17th, though (figured).

The black on this version of the Note is definitely a charcoal version compared to a dark black like on the previous N3 or S5.

Not sure I am in love with this shade of black and may end up going w white now instead.

Anyone else?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Just saw the black version

The opposite. Ordered white first then saw the charcoal black and changed order to black.
Same here. I swear I stopped by BB 6 times before I could made up my mind on what color I really want. Tough decision. I go for black after all. It looks manly and the screen seems bigger than white :)

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Same here. I swear I stopped by BB 6 times before I could made up my mind on what color I really want. Tough decision. I go for black after all. It looks manly and the screen seems bigger than white :)

Maybe you guys are right. I'll go check it out again. It definitely is more of a smoky gray than a dark black.

Darn it...

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

While I like the white I ordered it in black cause (for me) it feels like the phone just disappears when I'm watching something. I prefer full immersion :p

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Anyone changing from black to white because of the actual smoke grayish color of the black?

Nope, I actually like the idea of it being a smokey grey color. I like all shades of grey :p

Posted via the Android Central App

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

While I like the white I ordered it in black cause (for me) it feels like the phone just disappears when I'm watching something. I prefer full immersion :p

very true; this is pretty much why i did too. i like that immersion, and i just like being able to have the sensors/camera more hidden, and the bezels look smaller.

GoProDavidLe

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

At the Best Buy I work at, we only got the white in stock for demo purposes. I was really leaning towards the white but I have never owned a white phone. I pre-ordered the black so hopefully it looks great in person!

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Charcoal black looks amazing compared to the over done piano black. It's more reminiscent of the Titanium Note 2 and S2. And S3.

Added benefits of the charcoal black Note 4:

-Metal frame is not painted like the white version

-Screen looks bigger (illusion, which cannot be denied)

-More screen immersion, especially with movies and photos. The black bezels and frames seem to "disappear", especially in places with low lighting.

-More premium and executive look (possible opinion)

Lastly, the aluminum trim shines moreso on the black frame than the painted white.

My current Note 2 is white, cannot wait for my charcoal black Note 4.

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Charcoal black looks amazing compared to the over done piano black. It's more reminiscent of the Titanium Note 2 and S2. And S3.

Added benefits of the charcoal black Note 4:

-Metal frame is not painted like the white version

The metal frame is painted on all the versions. No difference to my knowledge.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
The metal frame is painted on all the versions. No difference to my knowledge.

Pretty sure all reviews I read/watched mentioned the black not having the color painted.

I could be wrong of course, but a confirmation on this would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes