Note 4 Just saw the black version

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure all reviews I read/watched mentioned the black not having the color painted.

I could be wrong of course, but a confirmation on this would be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

I wish I could find the link but someone here posted about this in one of the older threads but if you look closely you can see that all of the versions have the paint. The metal is silver underneath not black. It's painted black, white, pink, gold respectively.

I don't really have any hard prove (ie. someone who actually handled the device) but you can look at the sides from all the devices here.
Samsung GALAXY Note4 - Design

Guess we will have to wait until people start to get there devices in the mail.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I knew I wanted the black one when I saw samsung's awful keynote. When I looked at them in person the black looked even better. I thought the white one looked bad with the white painted metal. They should have just left it silver. That white paint on the aluminum looks terrible to me.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Charcoal black looks amazing compared to the over done piano black. It's more reminiscent of the Titanium Note 2 and S2. And S3.

Added benefits of the charcoal black Note 4:

-Metal frame is not painted like the white version

-Screen looks bigger (illusion, which cannot be denied)

-More screen immersion, especially with movies and photos. The black bezels and frames seem to "disappear", especially in places with low lighting.

-More premium and executive look (possible opinion)

Lastly, the aluminum trim shines moreso on the black frame than the painted white.

My current Note 2 is white, cannot wait for my charcoal black Note 4.

Is the smoky gray as immersive as a jet black border?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Does the back on the black version feel softer than the back on the white version, as was with the Note 3?

Posted via Android Central App

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Pretty sure all reviews I read/watched mentioned the black not having the color painted.

I could be wrong of course, but a confirmation on this would be appreciated.

The black versions are painted just like the others, the point that reviewers were trying to make was that the unpainted beveled edge stands out more visually due to the higher contrast.

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The black versions are painted just like the others, the point that reviewers were trying to make was that the unpainted beveled edge stands out more visually due to the higher contrast.
Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about. ALL versions have a painted belt about the sides.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Possibly. Like I said, I usually skip thru reviews etc and havent held one in person yet at a demo store, all due to lack of time.

But one things for sure, the white paint stands out clearly and doesnt compliment the silver trim as nicely as on the black.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Just saw the black version

That's what I thought, but maybe we are the minority.

No, you are not in the minority! :)

The point is, different people can have an opposite opinion on something and the kicker is, they both be CORRECT!! It be a pretty dull world if what excites us is the same with everybody.. :D

Again, the point is, the color that YOU like is the one for you. What others do shouldn't matter, you are th one that will be enjoying the phone!!

Just my two cents.. BTW, I am with the black or with the Note 4, close to black, as you can see in my sig.. :cool:

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Trust me the black note 3 and 4 in black always fill softer I don't know why that is but it's true I know cause I have the note 3 in black but go fill for yourself

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I see this "paint" on the aluminum wearing off in a quick manner. IF that's the case, then Sammy needs to FIRE the idiots that made the decision to paint aluminum!!!

Anywho, if it happens, some paint thinner and a rag will fix that right up! :)

Willn

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Would it not be relatively easy to remove the paint if one was inclined to do so?
I see this "paint" on the aluminum wearing off in a quick manner. IF that's the case, then Sammy needs to FIRE the idiots that made the decision to paint aluminum!!!
Anywho, if it happens, some paint thinner and a rag will fix that right up! :)
It's a good chance that its not actually paint, I would guess its a powder coating which would not come off easily with a typical paint thinner. You would need a chemical that's a little stronger or remove it useing a mechanical method such as steel wool.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It's a good chance that its not actually paint, I would guess its a powder coating which would not come off easily with a typical paint thinner. You would need a chemical that's a little stronger or remove it useing a mechanical method such as steel wool.

Paint thinner dang it! I like the smell :) Steel wool doesn't smell....:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20