10-17-2014 01:01 AM
63 123
tools
    It was displayed at my local ATT corp store. They said that it cannot be sold until the 17th, though (figured).

The black on this version of the Note is definitely a charcoal version compared to a dark black like on the previous N3 or S5.

Not sure I am in love with this shade of black and may end up going w white now instead.

Anyone else?
    osroubek likes this.
    10-11-2014 01:42 PM
    The opposite. Ordered white first then saw the charcoal black and changed order to black.
    10-11-2014 01:51 PM
    The opposite. Ordered white first then saw the charcoal black and changed order to black.
    Same here. I swear I stopped by BB 6 times before I could made up my mind on what color I really want. Tough decision. I go for black after all. It looks manly and the screen seems bigger than white
    10-11-2014 02:00 PM
    Same here. I swear I stopped by BB 6 times before I could made up my mind on what color I really want. Tough decision. I go for black after all. It looks manly and the screen seems bigger than white
    Maybe you guys are right. I'll go check it out again. It definitely is more of a smoky gray than a dark black.

Darn it...
    10-11-2014 02:06 PM
    I liked it!

Posted via Android Central App
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    10-11-2014 02:17 PM
    Next to the iphone 6 plus space grey, charcoal black looks dull.....prefer white note 4
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    10-11-2014 02:27 PM
    Next to the iphone 6 plus space grey, charcoal black looks dull.....prefer white note 4
    That's what I thought, but maybe we are the minority.
    10-11-2014 02:42 PM
    Maybe you guys are right. I'll go check it out again. It definitely is more of a smoky gray than a dark black.

Darn it...
    Right? Lol it's all opinion.
    10-11-2014 02:55 PM
    While I like the white I ordered it in black cause (for me) it feels like the phone just disappears when I'm watching something. I prefer full immersion :-P
    10-11-2014 02:59 PM
    Right? Lol it's all opinion.
    It is.

I just was a little unenamored w the shade of gray/black and now have to decide if white is doable
    10-11-2014 02:59 PM
    I ordered the blk for me an the white for the wife

Posted via the Android Central App
    Philip600rr and drum747 like this.
    10-11-2014 03:31 PM
    Anyone changing from black to white because of the actual smoke grayish color of the black?
    10-11-2014 03:54 PM
    While I like the white I ordered it in black cause (for me) it feels like the phone just disappears when I'm watching something. I prefer full immersion :-P
    THIS

N3 via AC App
    ajtmcse likes this.
    10-11-2014 04:47 PM
    Anyone changing from black to white because of the actual smoke grayish color of the black?
    Nope, I actually like the idea of it being a smokey grey color. I like all shades of grey

10-11-2014 04:52 PM
    very true; this is pretty much why i did too. i like that immersion, and i just like being able to have the sensors/camera more hidden, and the bezels look smaller.
    10-11-2014 08:27 PM
    At the Best Buy I work at, we only got the white in stock for demo purposes. I was really leaning towards the white but I have never owned a white phone. I pre-ordered the black so hopefully it looks great in person!
    Tarek53180 likes this.
    10-11-2014 08:37 PM
    Nope, I actually like the idea of it being a smokey grey color. I like all shades of grey

All 50 of em huh?
    trandz likes this.
    10-11-2014 08:43 PM
    Charcoal black looks amazing compared to the over done piano black. It's more reminiscent of the Titanium Note 2 and S2. And S3.

Added benefits of the charcoal black Note 4:

-Metal frame is not painted like the white version

-Screen looks bigger (illusion, which cannot be denied)

-More screen immersion, especially with movies and photos. The black bezels and frames seem to "disappear", especially in places with low lighting.

-More premium and executive look (possible opinion)

Lastly, the aluminum trim shines moreso on the black frame than the painted white.

My current Note 2 is white, cannot wait for my charcoal black Note 4.

10-11-2014 09:24 PM
    Charcoal black looks amazing compared to the over done piano black. It's more reminiscent of the Titanium Note 2 and S2. And S3.

The metal frame is painted on all the versions. No difference to my knowledge.
    10-11-2014 11:30 PM
    The metal frame is painted on all the versions. No difference to my knowledge.
    Pretty sure all reviews I read/watched mentioned the black not having the color painted.

I could be wrong of course, but a confirmation on this would be appreciated.

10-11-2014 11:32 PM
    I have a white N2 with a black case. But I like the charcoal. Pretty ordered at BB

10-11-2014 11:34 PM
    Pretty sure all reviews I read/watched mentioned the black not having the color painted.

I could be wrong of course, but a confirmation on this would be appreciated.

I wish I could find the link but someone here posted about this in one of the older threads but if you look closely you can see that all of the versions have the paint. The metal is silver underneath not black. It's painted black, white, pink, gold respectively.

I don't really have any hard prove (ie. someone who actually handled the device) but you can look at the sides from all the devices here.
    Samsung GALAXY Note4 - Design

Guess we will have to wait until people start to get there devices in the mail.
    10-11-2014 11:40 PM
    I knew I wanted the black one when I saw samsung's awful keynote. When I looked at them in person the black looked even better. I thought the white one looked bad with the white painted metal. They should have just left it silver. That white paint on the aluminum looks terrible to me.
    livetoride4666 likes this.
    10-11-2014 11:42 PM

-Screen looks bigger (illusion, which cannot be denied)

-More screen immersion, especially with movies and photos. The black bezels and frames seem to "disappear", especially in places with low lighting.

-More premium and executive look (possible opinion)

Lastly, the aluminum trim shines moreso on the black frame than the painted white.

My current Note 2 is white, cannot wait for my charcoal black Note 4.

Is the smoky gray as immersive as a jet black border?
    10-12-2014 09:14 AM
    Does the back on the black version feel softer than the back on the white version, as was with the Note 3?

10-12-2014 09:52 AM
63 123