Note 4 Is it worth getting the Next or Edge for this phone?

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is it worth getting the Next or Edge for this phone?

I'm going for Edge cause I know I'll want the next Note ideration but my hubby signed a 2 yr contract for his N4... He doesn't feel the need to upgrade as much as I do lol

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I did the Next program so I can upgrade every year.
But I'm not happy that At&t decided to charge $125 more than Verizon for the note 4. It only works out to an extra $7/mo, but it's the principle.
Plus my wife wasn't happy making monthly payments for the Note 3!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm am making a contract just to break it cuz it's cheaper than buying outright. I would have chose Next but I don't want my bill that high.

Saion916

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I have Verizon and I get a better Employee discount at AT&T by 3% lol Verizon is 20% and AT&T is 23% but I'm just deciding what carrier to choose and debating about the next or Edge....Damn decisions lol

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm already on next so I'm just gonna stick with it. I paid extra into my next plan to get my S5 paid off quicker and be out of contract 4 months to be exact. So I will do the same for the note 4.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm using edge. With my family plan Verizon gives me 25 dollars a month for each device on edge. Plus I swap phones a lot so being able to get me phones is important to me and since Verizon almost pays for my phones edge is perfect for me.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Edge, I like upgrading or more accurately, trying out different devices that may interest me. Already went from htc m8 to S5, now note 4. Will most likely edge to S6 next June :)

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm using edge. With my family plan Verizon gives me 25 dollars a month for each device on edge. Plus I swap phones a lot so being able to get me phones is important to me and since Verizon almost pays for my phones edge is perfect for me.

I'm on edge but I get $10/month on the more everything plan. Is it because you have more than 1 device on edge that they give you $25 per month?

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm on edge but I get $10/month on the more everything plan. Is it because you have more than 1 device on edge that they give you $25 per month

I have the same deal, it's for people who have a 10 GB family or higher plan... So I'm basically paying $10 per month for the phone cause of the $25 credit :D

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the edge program but I don't think knits worth the upgrade. You will paying more money in the long run

Sent from Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm doing the two year contract. I like to skip a generation of phones. If I had the N3 I wouldn't upgrade to the N4 and wait for the N5.

Maybe my math is off but it seems like I would be spending more money on the edge program even though the service bill is $10 cheaper. The only way the edge program would be cheaper than the 2yr contract is if you kept the phone for over 2years with the reduced service bill but that would defeat the purpose of the edge program.

Posted via the Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Edge pays off if you are up at 10 GB and if you have multiple phones on a plan and like the idea of changing phones often. If you are by yourself and on Verizon and still get in on their 2 GB for $60 per month and don't care about upgrading every time there is a new phone out there then that is the way to go. Have a month when you sucked down 4 GB instead of 2, no problem. Cost is another $15 per GB in overage cost.

I have no idea when there will be a N5 nor any idea what it will be. I do know that Samsung made leaps in the display and the S pen in the N4 and those are the two things Sammy is focused on in general as Note improvements. So how long will it take Sammy to make that much of a jump again....I would say that won't be right around the corner especially with the Sammy Edge release in the middle of it all. The N4 only looks like a modest advance over the N3 within the context of the totality of the device. But if you look at the places where Samsung is concentrating the effort it is much more than just a modest advance relative to the N3.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
2 year contract here, but someone owes me their upgrade so I'm using it to go from the Note 3 to the Note 4. I don't want to lose my unlimited data so I won't be switching to Verizon's Edge, which I think is about the same as getting a 2-year contract. I generally use about 100-130 GB of data a month. There's no way I'm going to a tiered plan.....

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
2 year contract here, but someone owes me their upgrade so I'm using it to go from the Note 3 to the Note 4. I don't want to lose my unlimited data so I won't be switching to Verizon's Edge, which I think is about the same as getting a 2-year contract. I generally use about 100-130 GB of data a month. There's no way I'm going to a tiered plan.....

130 GB a month?

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I would be more surprised that Verizon would allow somebody to transfer their upgrade to somebody else. Not sure about that one. But somebody is bound to know in this crowd.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
130 GB a month?

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

130 GB on a heavier day. I think the most I've used before was about 190 GB. I use my phone as my home internet. If I remember correctly, I used close to 200 GB around the holidays when everyone had a new device and I let them log into my wifi hotspot so they could update and play online. I figure since I've been paying for a premium on Verizon, I'm going to make sure I get my money's worth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc