Note 4 Is it worth getting the Next or Edge for this phone?

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I would be more surprised that Verizon would allow somebody to transfer their upgrade to somebody else. Not sure about that one. But somebody is bound to know in this crowd.

A VZW CS rep told me I could take the upgrade of someone else on my family plan, but I have yet to do it, so I can't tell you if it's possible with 100% certainty

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I would be more surprised that Verizon would allow somebody to transfer their upgrade to somebody else. Not sure about that one. But somebody is bound to know in this crowd.

That's possible. All you have to do is buy the phone on the account with an upgrade, don't activate the new device, swap out SIM cards on the device you want to upgrade. I'm not sure how that would work on the Edge or the Next plans.

I had to give my upgrade to my mother who had her phone stolen a few months before she was eligible for an upgrade. Verizon wouldn't allow her to use her own upgrade (which was set to happen a few months later). I had an extra line on my account so I let her use my upgrade to replace her stolen phone. I told her that when her upgrade became available that she couldn't give it to anyone else (my sister and her husband used to be on their account and had a nasty habit of taking my parents' upgrades away from them). Fast forward to now, my mother isn't pleased with her current LG G2 and wants me to upgrade so she can have my Note 3 (even though I told her that my device may not be much better than her current device).

If I didn't have this upgrade, I probably wouldn't jump from the Note 3 to the Note 4 as the only feature I'm looking forward to seeing is the Note 4's UHD.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
That one I would think is very possible.

Not so sure if people are on separate plans. Heck I am still struggling with how you download enough high rate content to run up to 130 GB a month and have time for anything else.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
130 GB on a heavier day. I think the most I've used before was about 190 GB. I use my phone as my home internet. If I remember correctly, I used close to 200 GB around the holidays when everyone had a new device and I let them log into my wifi hotspot so they could update and play online. I figure since I've been paying for a premium on Verizon, I'm going to make sure I get my money's worth.

That's why unlimited is a thing of the past on big red and big blue

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
That one I would think is very possible.

Not so sure if people are on separate plans. Heck I am still struggling with how you download enough high rate content to run up to 130 GB a month and have time for anything else.

A decent HD movie is about 3 GB in side from Netflix or any other site. Combine that with your average surfing online (remember I use my mobile broadband as my home internet) combined with me using my phone for everything from Google Maps to social media. I will say that 130 GB is one of the higher totals. It's generally closer to 100 GB, but I figure since I'm paying for it, I may as well get as much out of it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
130 GB on a heavier day. I think the most I've used before was about 190 GB. I use my phone as my home internet. If I remember correctly, I used close to 200 GB around the holidays when everyone had a new device and I let them log into my wifi hotspot so they could update and play online. I figure since I've been paying for a premium on Verizon, I'm going to make sure I get my money's worth.

I have used over 300gb a day before. And over 5 terabytes a month.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463