10-19-2014 01:20 PM
27 12
tools
    How many of you are doing the 2 year contract versus Verizon Edge or AT&T Next? Just curious.
    10-11-2014 03:47 PM
    I'm going for Edge cause I know I'll want the next Note ideration but my hubby signed a 2 yr contract for his N4... He doesn't feel the need to upgrade as much as I do lol
    10-11-2014 03:54 PM
    I agree. I did the Next program so I can upgrade every year.
    But I'm not happy that At&t decided to charge $125 more than Verizon for the note 4. It only works out to an extra $7/mo, but it's the principle.
    Plus my wife wasn't happy making monthly payments for the Note 3!

Posted via Android Central App
    10-11-2014 04:16 PM
    I'm am making a contract just to break it cuz it's cheaper than buying outright. I would have chose Next but I don't want my bill that high.

10-11-2014 04:48 PM
    I have Verizon and I get a better Employee discount at AT&T by 3% lol Verizon is 20% and AT&T is 23% but I'm just deciding what carrier to choose and debating about the next or Edge....Damn decisions lol
    10-11-2014 05:56 PM
    I'm already on next so I'm just gonna stick with it. I paid extra into my next plan to get my S5 paid off quicker and be out of contract 4 months to be exact. So I will do the same for the note 4.

10-11-2014 06:35 PM
    I'm using edge. With my family plan Verizon gives me 25 dollars a month for each device on edge. Plus I swap phones a lot so being able to get me phones is important to me and since Verizon almost pays for my phones edge is perfect for me.
    10-11-2014 09:36 PM
    I'm on Edge, I like upgrading or more accurately, trying out different devices that may interest me. Already went from htc m8 to S5, now note 4. Will most likely edge to S6 next June
    10-11-2014 10:16 PM
    I'm using edge. With my family plan Verizon gives me 25 dollars a month for each device on edge. Plus I swap phones a lot so being able to get me phones is important to me and since Verizon almost pays for my phones edge is perfect for me.
    I'm on edge but I get $10/month on the more everything plan. Is it because you have more than 1 device on edge that they give you $25 per month?
    10-12-2014 04:23 PM
    I'm on edge but I get $10/month on the more everything plan. Is it because you have more than 1 device on edge that they give you $25 per month
    I have the same deal, it's for people who have a 10 GB family or higher plan... So I'm basically paying $10 per month for the phone cause of the $25 credit
    10-12-2014 05:45 PM
    I have the same deal, it's for people who have a 10 GB family or higher plan... So I'm basically paying $10 per month for the phone cause of the $25 credit
    This. If your plan is 10gb or higher you het 25 a month per phone on edge.
    10-12-2014 05:48 PM
    I prefer the next way better now w the new 30 gig plans
    10-13-2014 10:21 PM
    I have the edge program but I don't think knits worth the upgrade. You will paying more money in the long run

Sent from Verizon Galaxy S5 😎
    10-17-2014 02:31 PM
    I prefer the next way better now w the new 30 gig plans
    Verizon has the same.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
    Honey_184 likes this.
    10-17-2014 03:43 PM
    I'm doing the two year contract. I like to skip a generation of phones. If I had the N3 I wouldn't upgrade to the N4 and wait for the N5.

Maybe my math is off but it seems like I would be spending more money on the edge program even though the service bill is $10 cheaper. The only way the edge program would be cheaper than the 2yr contract is if you kept the phone for over 2years with the reduced service bill but that would defeat the purpose of the edge program.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-18-2014 12:41 PM
    Edge pays off if you are up at 10 GB and if you have multiple phones on a plan and like the idea of changing phones often. If you are by yourself and on Verizon and still get in on their 2 GB for $60 per month and don't care about upgrading every time there is a new phone out there then that is the way to go. Have a month when you sucked down 4 GB instead of 2, no problem. Cost is another $15 per GB in overage cost.

I have no idea when there will be a N5 nor any idea what it will be. I do know that Samsung made leaps in the display and the S pen in the N4 and those are the two things Sammy is focused on in general as Note improvements. So how long will it take Sammy to make that much of a jump again....I would say that won't be right around the corner especially with the Sammy Edge release in the middle of it all. The N4 only looks like a modest advance over the N3 within the context of the totality of the device. But if you look at the places where Samsung is concentrating the effort it is much more than just a modest advance relative to the N3.
    10-18-2014 12:54 PM
    2 year contract here, but someone owes me their upgrade so I'm using it to go from the Note 3 to the Note 4. I don't want to lose my unlimited data so I won't be switching to Verizon's Edge, which I think is about the same as getting a 2-year contract. I generally use about 100-130 GB of data a month. There's no way I'm going to a tiered plan.....
    10-18-2014 01:23 PM
    2 year contract here, but someone owes me their upgrade so I'm using it to go from the Note 3 to the Note 4. I don't want to lose my unlimited data so I won't be switching to Verizon's Edge, which I think is about the same as getting a 2-year contract. I generally use about 100-130 GB of data a month. There's no way I'm going to a tiered plan.....
    130 GB a month?

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    10-18-2014 02:37 PM
    I would be more surprised that Verizon would allow somebody to transfer their upgrade to somebody else. Not sure about that one. But somebody is bound to know in this crowd.
    10-18-2014 02:46 PM
    130 GB a month?

130 GB on a heavier day. I think the most I've used before was about 190 GB. I use my phone as my home internet. If I remember correctly, I used close to 200 GB around the holidays when everyone had a new device and I let them log into my wifi hotspot so they could update and play online. I figure since I've been paying for a premium on Verizon, I'm going to make sure I get my money's worth.
    10-18-2014 02:52 PM
    I would be more surprised that Verizon would allow somebody to transfer their upgrade to somebody else. Not sure about that one. But somebody is bound to know in this crowd.
    A VZW CS rep told me I could take the upgrade of someone else on my family plan, but I have yet to do it, so I can't tell you if it's possible with 100% certainty
    10-18-2014 02:56 PM
    That's possible. All you have to do is buy the phone on the account with an upgrade, don't activate the new device, swap out SIM cards on the device you want to upgrade. I'm not sure how that would work on the Edge or the Next plans.

I had to give my upgrade to my mother who had her phone stolen a few months before she was eligible for an upgrade. Verizon wouldn't allow her to use her own upgrade (which was set to happen a few months later). I had an extra line on my account so I let her use my upgrade to replace her stolen phone. I told her that when her upgrade became available that she couldn't give it to anyone else (my sister and her husband used to be on their account and had a nasty habit of taking my parents' upgrades away from them). Fast forward to now, my mother isn't pleased with her current LG G2 and wants me to upgrade so she can have my Note 3 (even though I told her that my device may not be much better than her current device).

If I didn't have this upgrade, I probably wouldn't jump from the Note 3 to the Note 4 as the only feature I'm looking forward to seeing is the Note 4's UHD.
    10-18-2014 03:01 PM
    That one I would think is very possible.

Not so sure if people are on separate plans. Heck I am still struggling with how you download enough high rate content to run up to 130 GB a month and have time for anything else.
    10-18-2014 03:03 PM
    130 GB on a heavier day. I think the most I've used before was about 190 GB. I use my phone as my home internet. If I remember correctly, I used close to 200 GB around the holidays when everyone had a new device and I let them log into my wifi hotspot so they could update and play online. I figure since I've been paying for a premium on Verizon, I'm going to make sure I get my money's worth.
    That's why unlimited is a thing of the past on big red and big blue

10-18-2014 09:48 PM
    That one I would think is very possible.

Not so sure if people are on separate plans. Heck I am still struggling with how you download enough high rate content to run up to 130 GB a month and have time for anything else.
    A decent HD movie is about 3 GB in side from Netflix or any other site. Combine that with your average surfing online (remember I use my mobile broadband as my home internet) combined with me using my phone for everything from Google Maps to social media. I will say that 130 GB is one of the higher totals. It's generally closer to 100 GB, but I figure since I'm paying for it, I may as well get as much out of it.
    10-18-2014 10:13 PM
27 12