An Excellent Note 4 Review

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
There have been a lot of good reviews of the Note 4, but one of the best and most comprehensive is an October 10th review by GSMArena. It's 10 pages in length and you can read the complete review here; however, for those who don't want to read the entire review here's the final paragraph:

"That's that then - the heir to the phablet throne is here and it looks like there's no stopping it from taking its rightful place. Samsung really needs a strong flagship lineup for the upcoming holiday season if it is to recover from the slight dip over the past few months and we can't think of a better device than the Galaxy Note 4 to rally the troops."​

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I know this is suppose to be the best of the best but I have to ask. What good is having all this crammed into a phone going to do? The battery, no matter how big, will most likely disappoint most, if not all owners of this device. Everything looks good on it don't get me wrong. I know the battery is big as it is but so is the phone, hardware, touchwiz, etc. Just a little food for thought I suppose.

Denelor

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I know this is suppose to be the best of the best but I have to ask. What good is having all this crammed into a phone going to do? The battery, no matter how big, will most likely disappoint most, if not all owners of this device. Everything looks good on it don't get me wrong. I know the battery is big as it is but so is the phone, hardware, touchwiz, etc. Just a little food for thought I suppose.

Is this a complaint about the battery?

Every site has said the battery life is better on the 4 than the 3 despite being virtually the same size battery. I think GSM Arena (I read it a few days ago) says it's something like 30% better.

I guess we'll know definitively once everyone gets their hands on it.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Battery life is looking good. It has been good on the last couple of phones that have come out. The Galaxy S5 has the best battery life in my experience, followed by the LG G3. Easily getting 20 plus hours. Besides, I don't know what people get all bent out of shape over battery life anyways. 99.9% percent of ppl are near a charger at some point in a 12-15 hour time span anyway. If not, carry an extra battery. It's that easy really.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I am a heavy user. So no battery will be good enough for me. Sometimes, I used to run through the battery on my Galaxy Nexus in four hours or less.That's why battery life is not even an issue for me. I always carry an extra battery and also buy an external charging pod. Samsung's OEM external battery charger works pretty good.

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
To me when people complain that the battery is not good enough. my first thought is....Look up from your phone and have an actual interaction with a person once in a while....... The only time I can think of when I wouldn't have some type of access to charge it is when I am in the woods, at a beach or on a boat....and during those times you should probably be present in what you are doing and not worrying about your phone...../rant off

Anyway great review!!!

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I like reviews from GSM Arena and Mobile Tech Reviews. GSM Arena is filled with data and facts, and Lisa at Mobile tech review always does great job in her video reviews to get you know the device as if you were there with her, closest thing to a hand-on if you are unable to.

There are just too many subjective sensational statement all over the place nowadsays in many other tech websites, really off putting at times.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Not sure what point your trying to make it clear you don't own a note phone as I and many other that do know the note 3 will get you 2 days of use before you need to charge it where as your typical iphone will get a half a day at best I know cause my daughter has one and she's always looking for plug it up

Posted via Android Central App

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Nope. The battery has been confirmed far better than even the Note3's.

GSM Arena got around 15hrs on video IIRC.

A new update that just came out increases battery life significantly even more, as if it wasnt amazing already.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Note4 is the best reviewed Samsung device I've seen in ages. Samsung really hit the ball out the park this year.

Posted via the Android Central App

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
TouchWiz is the worst android skin.Sony and HTC skins are lighter and way better. This horribly bloated skin (really bloated) and the plastic construction coupled with dull and boring desgin even for flagships kills any interest in Samsung devices.
HTC metal construction M8 coupled with beautiful design and nice Sense UI or Sony glass construction Xperia Z3 phone also with beautiful design(and great battery life too) are much better choices. Moto X 2014 is also a great choice although its made of plastic has a great design and most importantly a stock android OS with very useful apps by Motorola.
Also who want really big screen Huwaei Honor 6 is less than half the price of Note 3 and almost equally good specs. I used to like Samsung UI until S2 but after that the bloat and millions of features nobody will use crammed into Touch wiz at the cost of user experience.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
TouchWiz is the worst android skin.Sony and HTC skins are lighter and way better. This horribly bloated skin (really bloated) and the plastic construction coupled with dull and boring desgin even for flagships kills any interest in Samsung devices.
HTC metal construction M8 coupled with beautiful design and nice Sense UI or Sony glass construction Xperia Z3 phone also with beautiful design(and great battery life too) are much better choices. Moto X 2014 is also a great choice although its made of plastic has a great design and most importantly a stock android OS with very useful apps by Motorola.
Also who want really big screen Huwaei Honor 6 is less than half the price of Note 3 and almost equally good specs. I used to like Samsung UI until S2 but after that the bloat and millions of features nobody will use crammed into Touch wiz at the cost of user experience.

Put the pipe down, that **** is impairing your judgement and common sense.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
There have been a lot of good reviews of the Note 4, but one of the best and most comprehensive is an October 10th review by GSMArena. It's 10 pages in length and you can read the complete review here; however, for those who don't want to read the entire review here's the final paragraph:

"That's that then - the heir to the phablet throne is here and it looks like there's no stopping it from taking its rightful place. Samsung really needs a strong flagship lineup for the upcoming holiday season if it is to recover from the slight dip over the past few months and we can't think of a better device than the Galaxy Note 4 to rally the troops."​

The note really is their new flagship line. The note 4 and its more industrial design is a step in the right direction and should help samsung get somewhat back on track. But with the new iPhones, samsung is still going to have a tough time selling a crazy amount of phones like they used to do.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Battery is NO PROBLEM!!
Let me explain..

I just sold my beloved and like new Note 3. I also gave the buyer the TWO SPARE BATTERIES.

The Notes have this super feature of "removable battery", so with that, running out of juice should NEVER been a problem. I recall one time to a snow storm, and looking at movies off my Note 3, it was going continuously for about 30 hours ..Just 30 second breaks to swap out a battery.

My Note 4 will be hear today, I am ordering my TWO spare batteries today too. I always carried at least one spare with me, if I am on trip, I got two..

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Battery is NO PROBLEM!!
Let me explain..

I just sold my beloved and like new Note 3. I also gave the buyer the TWO SPARE BATTERIES.

The Notes have this super feature of "removable battery", so with that, running out of juice should NEVER been a problem. I recall one time to a snow storm, and looking at movies off my Note 3, it was going continuously for about 30 hours ..Just 30 second breaks to swap out a battery.

My Note 4 will be hear today, I am ordering my TWO spare batteries today too. I always carried at least one spare with me, if I am on trip, I got two..

Are the batteries available on Samsung.com yet? It seemed like I couldn't find them for the S5 for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12