Note 4 vs Nexus 6

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Just looking for thoughts and opinions on the 2 devices and what are some of the pros and cons of each device.

Not trying to be funny, but this is the first I ever heard of the Nexus 6.

Also, what right does it have to be compared to the Note 4?

Correct me if these are not VALID questions..

ace0187420

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Well they are supposed to have same processor and same resolution with the nexus 6 being a 5.9 inch display. The nexus is supposed to come with android 5.0 and offer android without any skin overlay (touchwiz). So they are both phablets with equal specs for the most part just looking for opinions from others.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen much on the nexus 6 yet. But honestly don't really like stock android. I know that may sound like blasphemy. But I enjoy the skins that are put on top but manufactures. Maybe the nexus 6 will change that.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Well they are supposed to have same processor and same resolution with the nexus 6 being a 5.9 inch display. The nexus is supposed to come with android 5.0 and offer android without any skin overlay (touchwiz). So they are both phablets with equal specs for the most part just looking for opinions from others.

Cool, almost everything that they compare the Note 4 too, is coming with a heavy price tag. From what I see the Nexus 6 is in the $400 range. Shucks, my old Note 3 is going for that much used..

I can see the iphone 6+, the lastest LG3 being compared to the Note 4.
Well, I tell you what, I just did $803 for my Note 4, and I have a 20 day return period. I am going to do some research on this Nexus 6, and if it is in the same league as the Note 4, features, performance, for half the price, I am on it like hot on rice!! :D

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Rumors are also saying that they made the bezels super small like LG did with the G3. The result is supposedly a 5.9" screen in a body the same size as the Note 3. Other rumors are saying that Google is working on adding native multi window functions to Android L.

The announcement is supposed to be happening sometime over the next week or two according to the Wall St Journal so I guess we'll find out soon.

I couldn't care less about the S Pen personally. I buy Note series phones for the screen size, battery life and multi tasking features. If I can get a bigger screen in the same size body with the same multi tasking features and great battery on a pure device I'd drop the Note in a heartbeat. Oh, assuming the camera is actually good this time too - that's important to me because I have two kids and I wasn't happy with the Nexus 5 camera.

Posted via the Android Central App

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Like I said in my last post, the rumor mill is indicating that the phone will be the same size as the Note 3 but with a bigger screen due to minimal bezels.

ace0187420

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
That's my thought on it price cheaper and updates faster bigger screen while phone dimensions smaller the announcement is supposed to be Wednesday I believe.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Rumors are also saying that they made the bezels super small like LG did with the G3. The result is supposedly a 5.9" screen in a body the same size as the Note 3. Other rumors are saying that Google is working on adding native multi window functions to Android L.

The announcement is supposed to be happening sometime over the next week or two according to the Wall St Journal so I guess we'll find out soon.

I couldn't care less about the S Pen personally. I buy Note series phones for the screen size, battery life and multi tasking features. If I can get a bigger screen in the same size body with the same multi tasking features and great battery on a pure device I'd drop the Note in a heartbeat. Oh, assuming the camera is actually good this time too - that's important to me because I have two kids and I wasn't happy with the Nexus 5 camera.

For me I was very tempted to get the new nexus, but from what I've heard they will be using the same camera that's in the current Moto x (2014), which is a deal breaker for me.

Posted via Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
For me I was very tempted to get the new nexus, but from what I've heard they will be using the same camera that's in the current Moto x (2014), which is a deal breaker for me.

Posted via Android Central App

This is the main reason that might hold me back from getting this. Everything else looks good. If they included the camera being used in the Droid Turbo, it's almost a no brainer, depending on whether you need an s-pen or not.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I thought the Moto X 2014 camera was good in all but low light? Time to check some reviews because if that camera sucks and they do use it I'll have to pass.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

+1. I was torn between waiting for the Nexus 6 and the Note 4. I love using pure Android on my Nexus 10 tab, and all the things that go along with it. I also like phablet sized devices (like my current Note 2). I really don't mind TouchWiz, though, so I was having a hard time deciding between the two devices. But then I realized the camera on the Nexus 6 -- like ALL cameras on Moto devices -- would have a PhD in Suckology. Add to that the fact that I do find the S Pen quite handy, and I also still have my Gear 1 watch that needs a Samsung device to keep using seamlessly, and that's what made me finally opt for the Note 4 over the Nexus 6.

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking that I have to have that physical "home" button. I type a lot in my line of work (phone typing), and I hate it when I accidentally hit that software, screen "home" button. It takes me entirely out of the app and everything that I was doing!

The Apple and Samsung phones keep your thumbs well away from the "home" button.

Perhaps there is some sort of software feature that will make such accidental "home" presses rare.... but for now, when I use a Nexus tablet, I am making that frig'n mistake all the time.

Also, tiny bezels result in more accidental screen touches (with the overlapping fat of your fingers/hands) along the edges of the phone. I'm honestly a skinny guy, and still manage to bleed my hand-chub over the edges....on a Note 2 !

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I read the nexus 6 only has a 5.2 inch display vs. the 5.7 on note 3 and note 4...maybe I am mistaken but I just looked it up.

Edited to add I just saw a different video that said 5.9 and it does look the same size as note. Hmm interesting. Good luck choosing.

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't want my next phone to have a worse camera than the one I currently have. The camera on the Note 4 is a good selling point for me. I also read that the Nexus 6 on Verizon may actually have Droid branding. Not sure how that is possible. Moto Droid Nexus? Also, if they decide to tinker with it in any way via locked bootloader, it won't sell at all. I am not sure of the whole bootloader unlocked option being a requirement of Nexus or not. I guess we will just have to wait a couple more days or so and see how it pans out. Hopefully, the camera specs are wrong and they match the Droid Turbo instead of the Moto X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2