10-24-2014 09:50 PM
89 1234
tools
    I went to the store yesterday as well and asked about pre-ordering the Note 4. The sales guy was quick and excited to tell me that the release date was October 17, 2014.
    He then pulled up his Note 3 and did a Google Voice Search which said that the release date is October 17. However, once you read a little bit further (beyond what google reads to you..) it said that Verizon is actually October 23, 2014.
    Is Verizon always late to the draw like that?
    10-14-2014 08:06 AM
    Yes they are, it's kind of pathetic

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-14-2014 08:40 AM
    Yes, but in this case, it is just a few days. Which isn't bad at all.
    Usually it is months. Sometimes over a year.
    And software updates are often months behind.
    10-14-2014 08:41 AM
    I went to the store yesterday as well and asked about pre-ordering the Note 4. The sales guy was quick and excited to tell me that the release date was October 17, 2014.
    He then pulled up his Note 3 and did a Google Voice Search which said that the release date is October 17. However, once you read a little bit further (beyond what google reads to you..) it said that Verizon is actually October 23, 2014.
    Not usually... One week late on Verizon is pretty good, compared to 6 months late on the m7 and a month or two late on the n2. S3 was several months late too.

Though if having a phone with the same release date is a high priority then there are phones that get released at the same time as other carriers, in fact the majority of smartphones by volume do get released at the same time as other carriers... Just not Android.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    10-14-2014 08:47 AM
    I'm expecting the 23rd. If it's early, then yay me.
    10-14-2014 10:51 AM
    Why the [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] do they remove the headphones?! This just really bothers me. It's a matter of principle. I paid for them, they belong to me. It's like going to the store and buying a TV, but the guy at the cash register removes the remote from the box before you can leave. Seriously, Wtf?!

Posted via Android Central App
    10-14-2014 11:23 AM
    Why the [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] do they remove the headphones?! This just really bothers me. It's a matter of principle. I paid for them, they belong to me. It's like going to the store and buying a TV, but the guy at the cash register removes the remote from the box before you can leave. Seriously, Wtf?!

Verizon probably bought it from Samsung without the headphones, so it was probably never know the box to begin with.

Almeuit likes this.
    10-14-2014 11:28 AM
    Verizon probably bought it from Samsung without the headphones, so it was probably never know the box to begin with.

When was this confirmed?
    10-14-2014 11:29 AM
    Probably how they keep the price down. I caved and just bought a pair on Samsung's website. With 50% off coupon they cost $15. Since VZW charges $50 less than most carriers, I consider this a win at this point.
    10-14-2014 11:32 AM
    The Note 3 did not have headphones either. If I recall correctly, the Sprint version did and maybe another. However, I believe that their version's price reflected that.

10-14-2014 11:38 AM
    Probably how they keep the price down. I caved and just bought a pair on Samsung's website. With 50% off coupon they cost $15. Since VZW charges $50 less than most carriers, I consider this a win at this point.
    No offense, but Verizon could keep the cost down if they removed the S Pen too, but that doesn't make it any more acceptable. Not jumping on you so please don't take it that way. Just frustrated with Verizon if this is true.

When I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 through Verizon two years ago they didn't remove the earbuds.

I will say, however, that the headphones aren't listed on Samsung's website as being included in the box, at least as far as I have seen. Maybe that was done intentionally so carriers could make the decision whether to include them or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-14-2014 12:52 PM
    The Note 3 did not have headphones either. If I recall correctly, the Sprint version did and maybe another. However, I believe that their version's price reflected that.

N2 and m3 didn't have headphones

10-14-2014 01:57 PM
    I've heard that it's a possibility that those who preordered from Best buy might get their note's on the 17th along with the other carriers, but I doubt it I'm one of those people

Posted via the Android Central App
    The Best Buy Rep I talked to said they will probably get the VZ Note 4s on Friday, but they will not sell them until the 23rd because they could get in trouble for doing so.
    10-14-2014 03:59 PM

This. I doubt Verizon removes them... They'd have to remove it from every box and that wouldn't be very fun. I'm sure they just don't pay for them in the order so Samsung doesn't ship them.
    10-14-2014 04:17 PM
    The Best Buy Rep I talked to said they will probably get the VZ Note 4s on Friday, but they will not sell them until the 23rd because they could get in trouble for doing so.
    Best Buy has a deal with the manufacturer not the carrier, if they get it on Friday they will sell on Friday, Verizon has a certain release date because they are anticipating pre-orders

10-14-2014 04:31 PM
    Best Buy has a deal with the manufacturer not the carrier, if they get it on Friday they will sell on Friday, Verizon has a certain release date because they are anticipating pre-orders

This is false. The phone is releasing for verizon on the 24th.
    10-14-2014 04:56 PM
    This is false. The phone is releasing for verizon on the 24th.
    Kindly read the availability date below. Again why would BestBuy release the devices a day after Verizon. At the latest they will release it on the 23rd

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Verizon costumers-img_20141014_165905.jpg  
    10-14-2014 05:00 PM
    My local Verizon store tells me they're expecting note 4 on sale in store on the 17th. Those of you who pre ordered will hopefully get ship notices any day now?
    Never trust a vzw rep. They know as much...sometimes less than...as the general public. It will be shipped on 10/21 and received at you're doorstep or BB by 10/23. Please don't get your hopes up, this is vzw. It takes time for them to cram in the bloatware and remove features that you will actually use. Not to mention they need the extra time to pull out all the headphones form the N4 boxes.
    jayochs likes this.
    10-14-2014 08:15 PM
    I preordered through best buy and they said I could pick it up this Friday. I will get an email first though. They did ask if I was on Verizon and still said the 17th.

10-14-2014 08:26 PM
    I have a question for all of you that are positive Verizon removes the ear buds. How do they get the Samsung factory seal back intact on the box?
    And why would cheap (abet not bad sound quality) ear buds be of any consequence when you have bluetooth for use with your wireless Beats headphones
    bontjes likes this.
    10-14-2014 08:29 PM
    I have a question for all of you that are positive Verizon removes the ear buds. How do they get the Samsung factory seal back intact on the box?
    And why would cheap (abet not bad sound quality) ear buds be of any consequence when you have bluetooth for use with your wireless Beats headphones
    VZW probably orders the N4 from Samsung without the earbuds. At least VZW is $50 cheaper than tmo and $125 cheaper than att&t.
    10-14-2014 08:52 PM
    I believe this is being said in jest. It gives some justification for the delayed release thinking that people are opening up all of the packages and removing headphones from them.

10-14-2014 09:05 PM
    Probably how they keep the price down.
    Don't you really mean, how they keep their profits higher?
    10-14-2014 09:15 PM
    While I get that they are cheap.. If the phone costs $699.99 with the earbuds and without, then I want the earbuds!
    However, for Verizon, I bet it comes down to not taking them away from the customer; it probably boils down to giving the customer the incentive to buy earbuds on the shelf.

I'm sure that they would rather the customer walk out with a new phone AND a shiny new pair of Beats.

The Verizon rep has a slightly better chance of talking you into something if you don't already have it.

10-14-2014 09:28 PM
    I wonder when I can expect to pick up my VZ phone from Bestbuy. I was not given a date, just that it would be later than other providers.
    10-14-2014 09:53 PM
89 1234