10-24-2014 10:50 PM
89 1234
tools
    Best Buy has a deal with the manufacturer not the carrier, if they get it on Friday they will sell on Friday, Verizon has a certain release date because they are anticipating pre-orders

Posted via the Android Central App
    They have a deal with both...Best Buy is a 3rd party retailer they do what both Samsung and Verizon tells them too. Otherwise Verizon would just discontinue business with them all together and you would never be able to buy a Verizon phone from best buy again.
    jayochs likes this.
    10-14-2014 11:40 PM
    Why the [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] do they remove the headphones?! This just really bothers me. It's a matter of principle. I paid for them, they belong to me. It's like going to the store and buying a TV, but the guy at the cash register removes the remote from the box before you can leave. Seriously, Wtf?!

Posted via Android Central App
    From the Verizon website:
    "In The Box

•Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Handset
    •Pre-installed SIM Card (3FF)
    •3220mAh Battery
    •Wall Adaptor (Samsung Part # GH44-02706A)
    •USB Cable (Samsung Part # GH39-01580B)
    •S Pen
    •S Pen tip replacement kit (Tweezer & Tips)
    •Quick Reference Guide
    •Global Support Brochure
    •Product Safety & Warranty Brochure
    •Important Consumer Information"

So in other words if you would have read the details on the website you would know that in fact you did not pay for the headphones. Hence them not being in the box.
    10-15-2014 01:42 AM
    Off Contract Prices

Verizon - $699
    Sprint - $720
    T-Mobile - $750
    US Cellular - $770
    ATT - $825

Thanks, but they can keep the headphones. Would rather save the cash.

And FYI, while TMobile , Sprint and US Cellular will include a headphone in the box, Verizon and ATT will not.

For ATT in the box -

• Travel Adapter
    • USB Cable
    • Battery
    • Quick Start Guide
    10-15-2014 02:20 AM
    I am OK with not getting the earbuds. I really only like to use something like the beats that have an ear hook. While I know audio performance suffers when you don't have the bud jammed into your ear, I just can't deal with that for too long. I like to be able to dislodge them a bit and give my ears a break while still being able to hear. I have other buds besides the beats as well. All by way of saying...give me the choice and I will decide how I want to spend that $20 or $50 instead of the carrier deciding how to spend it for me.
    10-15-2014 03:18 AM
    man everyone is so up in arms about a cheap *** pair of samsung earbuds? seriously? who cares!? you don't have earbuds from other phones laying around? hell, I still have my cheap *** s4 earbuds just sitting in my book bag in case I need them, which is incredibly rare. I still have my beats earbuds from my rezound... and guess what? the Samsung ones suck compared to those. hell, the Samsung ones sound identical, if not worse, than my 10 dollar jbuds from Amazon.

stop getting so mad over nothing, people.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 06:25 AM
    But being mad gets me attention and makes me feel more important. Being calm and rational does neither.
    jayochs likes this.
    10-15-2014 07:22 AM
    I have never cared about earbuds that come with the phones. Even when I do get them with any phone, I have never used them. So, for me, it is not an issue.

But again, everyone has their own needs and preferences.
    sulla1965 likes this.
    10-15-2014 07:24 AM
    But being mad gets me attention and makes me feel more important. Being calm and rational does neither.

10-15-2014 07:26 AM
    man everyone is so up in arms about a cheap *** pair of samsung earbuds? seriously? who cares!? you don't have earbuds from other phones laying around? hell, I still have my cheap *** s4 earbuds just sitting in my book bag in case I need them, which is incredibly rare. I still have my beats earbuds from my rezound... and guess what? the Samsung ones suck compared to those. hell, the Samsung ones sound identical, if not worse, than my 10 dollar jbuds from Amazon.

Lets see, we don't get the phone when it is released, when we finally DO get it, we don't get all the accessories AND we get it loaded with Verizon bloatware, sure lets not get mad at Verizon......
    10-15-2014 07:30 AM
    Lets see, we don't get the phone when it is released, when we finally DO get it, we don't get all the accessories AND we get it loaded with Verizon bloatware, sure lets not get mad at Verizon......
    Pretty sure you can remove most of the bloatware once you root the phone.

Or disable them and put them in a folder titled "useless crap"

Anyways, I was going to go with T-Mobile for this phone, but Verizon's coverage and data speeds are pretty damn good. If I end up regretting my decision, I'll switch to T-Mobile.
    10-15-2014 07:40 AM
    Who said you don't get the phone when it is released? It is released on Verizon the 24th. Almost a week and a half from now. And if you think the other carriers don't add bloat you are only kidding yourself.
    jayochs likes this.
    10-15-2014 07:41 AM
    I completely agree. I have used some nice Bose earbuds with my past several phones. I don't know why they ever did put them in and I am guessing all the whining is for something that has an actual cost of about $3. Verizon sells chargers in the store for $30 that are available for $5 on Amazon. Stop by any nicer hotel and get a free pair of earbuds in the fitness room if you are really upset about Verizon "cheating" you.

10-15-2014 09:49 AM
    Pretty sure you can remove most of the bloatware once you root the phone.

Or disable them and put them in a folder titled "useless crap"

Anyways, I was going to go with T-Mobile for this phone, but Verizon's coverage and data speeds are pretty damn good. If I end up regretting my decision, I'll switch to T-Mobile.
    Who said you don't get the phone when it is released? It is released on Verizon the 24th. Almost a week and a half from now. And if you think the other carriers don't add bloat you are only kidding yourself.
    My point is that if a customer wants to be upset with Verizon, they're entitled to it.
    10-15-2014 10:33 AM
    Honestly though if you have been with Verizon for any amount of time you should be used to the bloat. All carriers add some kind of bloat .. So it isn't just Verizon .
    10-15-2014 10:36 AM
    I've only been with Verizon for 2 yrs (had Tmo before that) but when I bought my iPhone 5 from VZW, they didn't install anything at all.. I don't have a clue if it was because it was an iPhone, but I actually had to go into the App store to download the My Verizon app. Hmm, maybe their was something hidden, but honestly, nothing at all that I could see.
    10-15-2014 10:43 AM
    I've only been with Verizon for 2 yrs (had Tmo before that) but when I bought my iPhone 5 from VZW, they didn't install anything at all.. I don't have a clue if it was because it was an iPhone, but I actually had to go into the App store to download the My Verizon app. Hmm, maybe their was something hidden, but honestly, nothing at all that I could see.
    iPhones never have bloat ware since Apple won't allow a carrier to install it. I meant Android since we're talking about Android phones .
    Honey_184 likes this.
    10-15-2014 11:00 AM
    iPhones never have bloat ware since Apple won't allow a carrier to install it. I meant Android since we're talking about Android phones .
    Ahh, ok thanks, I learned something new I thought VZW did it to all phones, I didn't know it was an android only thing lol
    10-15-2014 11:04 AM
    I went into Best Buy last night and was told by the samsung reps that the Note 4 would be available from Best Buy for Verizon on the 23rd.
    10-15-2014 11:08 AM
    My point is that if a customer wants to be upset with Verizon, they're entitled to it.
    Switch carriers then. Seems simple.
    NIUHuskie and jayochs like this.
    10-15-2014 11:11 AM
    I don't mind waiting. T-Mobile users have theirs now but when they travel with it have fun playing with your Note 4 on 2G speeds guys...

Posted via the Android Central App
    I've had 4G LTE speeds for a out 90% of the time I went between philly and new York

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 11:15 AM
    Switch carriers then. Seems simple.
    And what if they can't? What if Verizon is the only one that works where they live work or travel to a lot?
    I live in nyc and fortunately for me all 4 works pretty good for me so I can choose based on price and does it work in my house. T-Mobile doesn't work in my house but with a signal Booster I get service in my house so it isn't a huge deal
    10-15-2014 11:16 AM
    I've had 4G LTE speeds for a out 90% of the time I went between philly and new York

T-Mobile is good in major metropolitan areas like that, Philadelphia and New York comprise of the megalopolis on the east coast.

Would you have service in Fairbanks, AK though?
    10-15-2014 11:34 AM
    yeah, if you're mad at verizon because they don't include earphones, switch carriers. simple. be done with it. complain all you want, but switch carriers. goto t-mobile for their (worse in some areas, better in some areas) service because they included a cheap *** pair of samsung earbuds. totally worth it.

you have a right to complain, but if you keep complaining without doing something about it, you're just a nuisance.

NIUHuskie likes this.
    10-15-2014 12:27 PM
    I guess the earbud issue is a non-issue for me. I have to use hearing aids, so to use earbuds, I would have to take out the hearing aids first. Not very convenient to do so. Sure seems to be a lot of complaining over the subject.
    10-15-2014 12:43 PM
    Just got back from the VZW store. It's as if they never heard of the Note 4. No sample models and employees look dumbfounded when I asked about it. One associate said she heard about the phone and thought it was coming out sometime later this month...
    Which is correct, since 10/23 is the date for Verizon
    10-15-2014 01:03 PM
89 1234