Note 4 Verizon costumers

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Lets see, we don't get the phone when it is released, when we finally DO get it, we don't get all the accessories AND we get it loaded with Verizon bloatware, sure lets not get mad at Verizon......

Who said you don't get the phone when it is released? It is released on Verizon the 24th. Almost a week and a half from now. And if you think the other carriers don't add bloat you are only kidding yourself.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I completely agree. I have used some nice Bose earbuds with my past several phones. I don't know why they ever did put them in and I am guessing all the whining is for something that has an actual cost of about $3. Verizon sells chargers in the store for $30 that are available for $5 on Amazon. Stop by any nicer hotel and get a free pair of earbuds in the fitness room if you are really upset about Verizon "cheating" you.

man everyone is so up in arms about a cheap *** pair of samsung earbuds? seriously? who cares!? you don't have earbuds from other phones laying around? hell, I still have my cheap *** s4 earbuds just sitting in my book bag in case I need them, which is incredibly rare. I still have my beats earbuds from my rezound... and guess what? the Samsung ones suck compared to those. hell, the Samsung ones sound identical, if not worse, than my 10 dollar jbuds from Amazon.

stop getting so mad over nothing, people.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure you can remove most of the bloatware once you root the phone.

Or disable them and put them in a folder titled "useless crap"

Anyways, I was going to go with T-Mobile for this phone, but Verizon's coverage and data speeds are pretty damn good. If I end up regretting my decision, I'll switch to T-Mobile.

Who said you don't get the phone when it is released? It is released on Verizon the 24th. Almost a week and a half from now. And if you think the other carriers don't add bloat you are only kidding yourself.

My point is that if a customer wants to be upset with Verizon, they're entitled to it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lets see, we don't get the phone when it is released, when we finally DO get it, we don't get all the accessories AND we get it loaded with Verizon bloatware, sure lets not get mad at Verizon......

Honestly though if you have been with Verizon for any amount of time you should be used to the bloat. All carriers add some kind of bloat .. So it isn't just Verizon :).

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I've only been with Verizon for 2 yrs (had Tmo before that) but when I bought my iPhone 5 from VZW, they didn't install anything at all.. I don't have a clue if it was because it was an iPhone, but I actually had to go into the App store to download the My Verizon app. Hmm, maybe their was something hidden, but honestly, nothing at all that I could see.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've only been with Verizon for 2 yrs (had Tmo before that) but when I bought my iPhone 5 from VZW, they didn't install anything at all.. I don't have a clue if it was because it was an iPhone, but I actually had to go into the App store to download the My Verizon app. Hmm, maybe their was something hidden, but honestly, nothing at all that I could see.

iPhones never have bloat ware since Apple won't allow a carrier to install it. I meant Android since we're talking about Android phones ;).

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
iPhones never have bloat ware since Apple won't allow a carrier to install it. I meant Android since we're talking about Android phones ;).

Ahh, ok thanks, I learned something new :) I thought VZW did it to all phones, I didn't know it was an android only thing lol

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I went into Best Buy last night and was told by the samsung reps that the Note 4 would be available from Best Buy for Verizon on the 23rd.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon costumers

I don't mind waiting. T-Mobile users have theirs now but when they travel with it have fun playing with your Note 4 on 2G speeds guys...

Posted via the Android Central App
I've had 4G LTE speeds for a out 90% of the time I went between philly and new York

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Switch carriers then. Seems simple.
And what if they can't? What if Verizon is the only one that works where they live work or travel to a lot?
I live in nyc and fortunately for me all 4 works pretty good for me so I can choose based on price and does it work in my house. T-Mobile doesn't work in my house but with a signal Booster I get service in my house so it isn't a huge deal

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I've had 4G LTE speeds for a out 90% of the time I went between philly and new York

T-Mobile is good in major metropolitan areas like that, Philadelphia and New York comprise of the megalopolis on the east coast.

Would you have service in Fairbanks, AK though?

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
yeah, if you're mad at verizon because they don't include earphones, switch carriers. simple. be done with it. complain all you want, but switch carriers. goto t-mobile for their (worse in some areas, better in some areas) service because they included a cheap *** pair of samsung earbuds. totally worth it.

you have a right to complain, but if you keep complaining without doing something about it, you're just a nuisance.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I guess the earbud issue is a non-issue for me. I have to use hearing aids, so to use earbuds, I would have to take out the hearing aids first. Not very convenient to do so. Sure seems to be a lot of complaining over the subject.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Just got back from the VZW store. It's as if they never heard of the Note 4. No sample models and employees look dumbfounded when I asked about it. One associate said she heard about the phone and thought it was coming out sometime later this month...

Which is correct, since 10/23 is the date for Verizon ;)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My point is that if a customer wants to be upset with Verizon, they're entitled to it.

True, but be upset that VZW are being the usual goobers by being late to release a device, but not the date itself since VZW never said 10/17 and always stated 10/23- ditto for Best Buy since last week. Verizon does NOT care about what customers think, since use their coverage map as a blanket for their arrogance.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, ok thanks, I learned something new :) I thought VZW did it to all phones, I didn't know it was an android only thing lol

No worries :). Apple is able to strong arm the carriers to not install bloat since Apple controls the OS fully. Android is more open so the carriers are able to .. basically "inject" their software into the phone before you get it. They also can remove features from Android. Such as the "Download Booster" for the Note 4 which can use WiFi and LTE at the same time to download a large file is removed from the Note 4 by all carriers except T-Mobile (assuming it is the same as the S5 launch where all carriers removed it except T-Mobile). I can confirm my T-Mobile Note 4 has it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Best Buy has a deal with the manufacturer not the carrier, if they get it on Friday they will sell on Friday, Verizon has a certain release date because they are anticipating pre-orders

Posted via the Android Central App

Best Buy policy is to release when the respective carrier does and that has been that way for two years now. Best Buy is saying 10/23 because that is what Verizon is saying.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
No worries :). Apple is able to strong arm the carriers to not install bloat since Apple controls the OS fully. Android is more open so the carriers are able to .. basically "inject" their software into the phone before you get it. They also can remove features from Android. Such as the "Download Booster" for the Note 4 which can use WiFi and LTE at the same time to download a large file is removed from the Note 4 by all carriers except T-Mobile (assuming it is the same as the S5 launch where all carriers removed it except T-Mobile). I can confirm my T-Mobile Note 4 has it.

I have always been afraid to root, but that might just get me to do it. It is also probably the only reason I would consider going back to Flapple!

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, I spoke to my local VZW corporate store, and they are continuing to say that they will have limited stock on the 17th. If i go there and they don't have it, i'm swinging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34