Air gesture sensor is no more on Note 4

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just learned about air gesture and am using it for waking up now. Also the screen shot thing works as well. I don't know about others but they may be in there somewhere or loadable via other apps since the hardware is same or better..

Daevionne

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Air gestures still work they're just hidden. Download nova launcher and hold down on the home screen. Click Shortcuts, then activities, then settings. Scroll until you find air gestures and then click it, enable what you want. You can uninstall nova and go back to twiz or other launcher and this will stick.

cuunonbebe

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
I'm using air wake up to "wake up" my note 4. Howerver, it doesn't really smoothly wake up the phone all the time. Just wonder if that function does not work well, or because I use the cover that may affect to the sensor on the note's surface.
Could you pls share your experience about this

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Air gesture is on the Note 4. It's in the accessibility menu under "Dexterity and interaction".
784a7c5e7cb16f15360a6973bd10dc28.jpg

James Stierwalt

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it works about the same, miss the cool looking screen though the way it dimmed on and off and was different from just the normal lock screen.. i guess its better than nothing... thanks for helping me find it at least.

sent from galaxy note 4

Aqil Lee Chaelin

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Actually activate the air gesture by downloading "google gesture search" launch the app and draw a "G" after that you will find "air gesture" it work on my note 4 :D

Aqil Lee Chaelin

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Actually activate the air gesture by downloading "google gesture search" launch the app and draw a "G" after that you will find "air gesture" it work on my note 4

Tampa8

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
On my note 4 using the Gesture Search App (great app) does find the settings but will not go there, it crashes the app.
Using the Shortcut app it also finds the Air Gesture screen, I can go to the screen but turning on Quick Glance the one I always used with the S4 does nothing, it seems to not turn anything on. There is a "Try It" button on the Air Gesture screen and it simply crashes, so it looks like the screen settings are still there but not the actual function.

MillieV

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Air wave gesture is still available on Note 4, Go to settings, do a search for air wave and it pops up and you can turn it on.
I love it.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Air wave gesture is still available on Note 4, Go to settings, do a search for air wave and it pops up and you can turn it on.
I love it.

Thanks. Didn't know that. On mine (Verizon) it's called "Air wake up". I couldn't find "air wave". What model do you have?

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I never used air gestures on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and it appears that Samsung is doing away with them on the Note 4, perhaps gone for good from all future Samsung phones? Who knows.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Four of a kind - GSMArena.com
" The IR gesture sensor of the Note 3 is gone as the Note 4 doesn't have the air gestures - obviously Samsung has decided that polishing those and making them usable isn't either feasible or worthwhile. "

Anyone upset by this? Did you depend on the air gestures?

That's incorrect it's just hidden... I downloaded Nova launcher and went through activities or something like that...unlocked a few things.. Including download Booster... I have the att variant...

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad