Note 4 Post your Impressions T-mobile users

g8orballboy

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm sick of official reviews... I want to hear from you guys now that some of you are getting your lucky hands on it. Let us all know what your first impressions are! Pictures are wonderful as well :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Post your Impressions T-mobile users

No offense to user reviews, but until the new device pixie dust wears off, I tend to not hold much weight in reviews unless used beyond a few hours or even days.

G3 is a great example. A lot of people loved it until they realized the battery life was weak, contrast bad and the display impacted performance.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

No offense to user reviews, but until the new device pixie dust wears off, I tend to not hold much weight in reviews unless used beyond a few hours or even days.

G3 is a great example. A lot of people loved it until they realized the battery life was weak, contrast bad and the display impacted performance.

I don't have one... That's my review of the note 4 lol

Posted via Android Central App

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

It seems much faster then note 3. Also I finally was able to handout from WiFi to cell and the call did not disconnect! The note 3 would always disconnect on the hand off. I also have with cell spot router from tmobile.

Still trying to explore everything. Keyboard typing seems to be a lot better!

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

True but if people were commenting on battery from day 1... I could see why you'd feel that way.

Honestly it's snappy and the screen is great. I did a charge and it went fast (27 to 70 percent in 35 minutes.. No usage while charging). It seems great. The only issue I've found so far is the hangouts emoji is Samsung's... Which is annoying.

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com

I'm currently not happy with the battery. Last night I was very hard on the phone with downloading the apps that I needed and whatnot, so I didn't pay much attention to the battery quickly dying. However, today at work, I haven't done anything outside of the norm (streaming Pandora all day and a few texts). By lunch time, my OnePlus One was consistently at 70%+ by this time. I'm at 55% on the Note 4. I know there's an update coming and the phone is brand new so I need to give it time, but I am using my OnePlus as my personal standard for how I need a phone's battery to be based on how I use it. Even with streaming Pandora all day at work, I'd usually put the phone on the charger around 40% around 10p. I'm not so sure the Note 4 is going to make it through the day. I know there are a ton of things that can be done to preserve battery life, but I am not doing anything differently than I did with my OnePlus One.

The screen on time is 1hr 8 minutes and the phone has been off the charger since 4:15a like normal days for me.

Anyone else think the battery is a bit weak so far?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm currently not happy with the battery. Last night I was very hard on the phone with downloading the apps that I needed and whatnot, so I didn't pay much attention to the battery quickly dying. However, today at work, I haven't done anything outside of the norm (streaming Pandora all day and a few texts). By lunch time, my OnePlus One was consistently at 70%+ by this time. I'm at 55% on the Note 4. I know there's an update coming and the phone is brand new so I need to give it time, but I am using my OnePlus as my personal standard for how I need a phone's battery to be based on how I use it. Even with streaming Pandora all day at work, I'd usually put the phone on the charger around 40% around 10p. I'm not so sure the Note 4 is going to make it through the day. I know there are a ton of things that can be done to preserve battery life, but I am not doing anything differently than I did with my OnePlus One.

The screen on time is 1hr 8 minutes and the phone has been off the charger since 4:15a like normal days for me.

Anyone else think the battery is a bit weak so far?

It takes a few charge cycles to get maximum use out of new batteries. Same with any phone.

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Also unhappy w/ battery life. Hope to get the new firmware update soon. Not having any luck w/ the fingerprint scanner and the calendar widget is weak sauce but everything else about this phone is amazing.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site

After coming from the s4 for me the battery is great. Hopefully the update though will make it even better.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I did an unboxing and shared it to my facebook. Everybody was like...wait that phone is not out yet! I chuckle to myself with all the remarks. Any way this phone is the business. I keep pulling it out my purse just to play around with it every chance I get.

shzusuziq

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else having the home screen stay on until you shut it off? I set the screen off time for 15 seconds, that works in an app if I set the phone down, but if I do that on the home screen it just stays on. I do usually shut the screen down when I'm through, so it's not a big deal, just a bit strange. The only thing off with the phone so far.

Formerly Known As

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

Anyone else having the home screen stay on until you shut it off? I set the screen off time for 15 seconds, that works in an app if I set the phone down, but if I do that on the home screen it just stays on. I do usually shut the screen down when I'm through, so it's not a big deal, just a bit strange. The only thing off with the phone so far.

There is a setting that keeps the phone on as long as it can see your face. Have you checked that?

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

There is a setting that keeps the phone on as long as it can see your face. Have you checked that?

Actually, I believe Quick Glance (the name of that feature) is gone. Samsung got rid of a lot of those features people said were gimmicky.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

→The first thing I've noticed about the Note 4 is the weight and the build quality is hands-down a lot better than the Note 3.
→The second improvement I had noticed is the screen quality/resolution is also a welcome improvement compared to my one day owned Note 2 on At&ts' network(Long story short, I quickly returned that phone due to the pixalated screen and went back to my Iphone 5.The battery life cannot be compared to the Samsung Notes 3 just yet due to being to new.
→the biggest change I like so far happens to be the improvements made on the stylus meaning its e more accurate especially for the people who like to draw. After opening the Note 4's box , I was surprised to see different stylus tips like you would see on the "wancom"(sp?) drawing pad you may use on Photoshop.
→ Lastly, the charging is r faster than my Note 3,but you can't use while you have the extra fast charging on.
→Overall,this great phone has to be considered the Note 3s which isn't a bad assessment. I'm thinking the Note 5 will havethe radical changes to give this Note line a change that eveurybody may be looking for.

just my $0.02....

bsulla

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Actually, I believe Quick Glance (the name of that feature) is gone. Samsung got rid of a lot of those features people said were gimmicky.

It's actually smart stay and it's still here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-14-22-12-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-14-22-12-51.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 179

shzusuziq

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
My screen is shutting off now. The smart stay wasn't checked. But I checked it, then unchecked it, now it's fine. And am I missing something, but can you still use your voice to shut off your alarm (stop) or use during music play (pause, stop, forward)? I can't seem to figure that out. My note 2 did all that. Thanks! Still playing with my phone!

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Same here last night before I went to bed the battery was at 100% woke up and the battery was at 51% how could it go down to 49% without me even doing anything????

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Same here last night before I went to bed the battery was at 100% woke up and the battery was at 51% how could it go down to 49% without me even doing anything????
You should check your account sync settings and settings for various features. Losing almost half your battery capacity overnight means something is running. Did you check your battery stats? My battery drops about 4% - 5% overnight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22