04-02-2017 09:55 PM
2,742 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    I'm killing my battery cause I keep trying different wallpapers and icons lol!
    Me too!
    01-23-2015 11:52 AM
    One of the things I love about Nova is that I can save different iconpack layouts and restore them whenever I want:

It makes switching super quick, even though I customize icons and their positioning across layouts.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Screenshots!  Show use those awesome home screens & more!-1422035785931.jpg  
    01-23-2015 11:57 AM
    One of the things I love about Nova is that I can save different iconpack layouts and restore them whenever I want:

It makes switching super quick, even though I customize icons and their positioning across layouts.
    Nice! Didn't know I could do that in Nova. That makes it way easier to switch things around and restore what ya had if you don't like the changes.
    01-23-2015 02:42 PM
    I'm constantly changing mine lol I'm about to change it again lol

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4
    01-23-2015 09:24 PM
    I love my home screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Screenshots!  Show use those awesome home screens & more!-1422071225336.jpg  
    01-23-2015 09:47 PM
    Hey guys! Thinking of getting one of these bad boys....Don't hate me I'm from CB, lol.

Is there some sort of tutorial on how to do all this? Like how do you change icon packs, etc. I know I need a launcher of some kind? Widgets? I'm lost.
    Can't wait to customize again.....
    catberryday likes this.
    01-24-2015 10:05 AM
    Hey guys! Thinking of getting one of these bad boys....Don't hate me I'm from CB, lol.

Is there some sort of tutorial on how to do all this? Like how do you change icon packs, etc. I know I need a launcher of some kind? Widgets? I'm lost.
    Can't wait to customize again.....
    Wow, glad to see that you're finally leaving BB. Many of the people here are also ex-CBers! You will LOVE the N4 (and you'll love Android)! It will take you a week or more to forget how BB works and start seeing why Android is so good.
    The best and easiest launcher is Nova Prime. It offers a lot of options and is pretty easy to figure out. There are not any tutorials that I am aware of, but you'll see a lot of posts in this thread with what icon packs are used. And it is all pretty easy once you get the hang of it. And Google Play has a two hour refund policy, so you can try an icon pack and then get a refund if you do not like it.
    And you might also give Swiftkey a try as an alternative keyboard. And in a few weeks after you get used to the N4, you should also check out Zooper Widget as it is the most customizable widget available in Android.
    Looking forward to seeing all of your posts with your N4!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    01-24-2015 10:35 AM
    Nova Launcher with Flurries Icons and Zooper Widget:

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Screenshots!  Show use those awesome home screens & more!-screenshot_2015-01-24-10-38-57.jpg   Note 4 Screenshots!  Show use those awesome home screens & more!-screenshot_2015-01-24-10-39-04.jpg  
    rdiddy_25, hamsterwheel and DL1991 like this.
    01-24-2015 10:41 AM
    Wow, glad to see that you're finally leaving BB. Many of the people here are also ex-CBers! You will LOVE the N4 (and you'll love Android)! It will take you a week or more to forget how BB works and start seeing why Android is so good.
    The best and easiest launcher is Nova Prime. It offers a lot of options and is pretty easy to figure out. There are not any tutorials that I am aware of, but you'll see a lot of posts in this thread with what icon packs are used. And it is all pretty easy once you get the hang of it. And Google Play has a two hour refund policy, so you can try an icon pack and then get a refund if you do not like it.
    And you might also give Swiftkey a try as an alternative keyboard. And in a few weeks after you get used to the N4, you should also check out Zooper Widget as it is the most customizable widget available in Android.
    Looking forward to seeing all of your posts with your N4!
    Thanks for the info, I'll let you know when I get it! So I do need a launcher to change icon packs? Can't wait to use all my Beweather sets too, LOL I made so many! They are mostly in the app already!
    I'm not going to be totally leaving BB, just want to give Android a try and see if it's for me. I love the look and feel of the Note 4, and the bigger screen for sure. I'll probably have both devices for awhile.
    01-24-2015 11:01 AM
    Nova Launcher with Flurries Icons and Zooper Widget:

THIS! This is what I want to do! Can't wait!
    01-24-2015 11:02 AM
    Can't wait to use all my Beweather sets too, LOL I made so many!
    The BeWeather app for Android works really well. I used to use the BeWeather Widget until I found Zooper. (Unfortunately you have to make weather iconsets for Zooper in a different format than BeWeather.)
    01-24-2015 11:27 AM
    That is awesome! Did you make your home screen using Zipp zooper? If so how??
    Sorry for the late response.
    I used the following:
    Themer launcher - Android Natural v2 theme
    Zooper Widget Pro
    Widget Locker - Holock Theme
    01-24-2015 12:38 PM
    Thanks for the info, I'll let you know when I get it! So I do need a launcher to change icon packs? Can't wait to use all my Beweather sets too, LOL I made so many! They are mostly in the app already!
    I'm not going to be totally leaving BB, just want to give Android a try and see if it's for me. I love the look and feel of the Note 4, and the bigger screen for sure. I'll probably have both devices for awhile.
    Yes, you have to use a launcher to change icon packs. Nova, just like andriod when I switched feels complicated but its really not once you figure it out.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    01-24-2015 12:44 PM
    Found this in the wallpaper section of Android Central. I'm not a big fan of Star Trek but this picture pops on the screen

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Screenshots!  Show use those awesome home screens & more!-screenshot_2015-01-24-15-25-13.jpg  
    01-24-2015 04:12 PM
    decided to change mine again...
    Note 4 Screenshots!  Show use those awesome home screens & more!-screenshot_2015-01-24-20-36-17.jpg
    Carrtman likes this.
    01-24-2015 07:48 PM
    I just wanna start off by saying yes I did come from an ios device to android. I am enjoying my note 4 very much however, I find it so difficult to find a simple yet pleasing theme to use. Why would I want a clock widget covering half of my home screen when the time is right at the top right corner? Why would I want to unlock my phone and then have to press the app drawer in order to get to my apps? This is why I decided to just put all of the apps that I actually use on my home screens. After failing to find a decent free icon pack I decided to make my own. Why not just go iOS? I am using nova launcher, a custom icon pack, the parallax app and I just absolutely love it! I get all the great features that come with my note 4 and android while having the beautiful look of iOS 8!! The best of both worlds.

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 Screenshots!  Show use those awesome home screens & more!-screenshot_2015-01-24-20-41-13.jpg  
    01-24-2015 07:50 PM
    decided to change mine again...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-24-20-36-17.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	160554
    Gotta love 7 NulL.
    DL1991 likes this.
    01-24-2015 07:52 PM
    Gotta love 7 NulL.
    It is my favorite along with Glassik.
    01-24-2015 07:57 PM
    I just wanna start off by saying yes I did come from an ios device to android. I am enjoying my note 4 very much however, I find it so difficult to find a simple yet pleasing theme to use. Why would I want a clock widget covering half of my home screen when the time is right at the top right corner? Why would I want to unlock my phone and then have to press the app drawer in order to get to my apps? This is why I decided to just put all of the apps that I actually use on my home screens. After failing to find a decent free icon pack I decided to make my own. Why not just go iOS? I am using nova launcher, a custom icon pack, the parallax app and I just absolutely love it! I get all the great features that come with my note 4 and android while having the beautiful look of iOS 8!! The best of both worlds.

I want to make my home screen like this how did you do it lol. What icons are you using?

01-24-2015 08:00 PM

It's the best of android!!
    01-24-2015 08:03 PM
    How do you delete posts?
    01-24-2015 08:04 PM
    I want to make my home screen like this how did you do it lol. What icons are you using?

You'll need nova launcher prime, if you want I can tell you my settings. For the icons, I took screenshots of the apps on my iPad and cropped them out using Photoshop. I'm sorry but I am not going to distribute them. However I'm sure that you might be able to find the icons somewhere online.
    01-24-2015 08:09 PM
    You'll need nova launcher prime, if you want I can tell you my settings. For the icons, I took screenshots of the apps on my iPad and cropped them out using Photoshop. I'm sorry but I am not going to distribute them. However I'm sure that you might be able to find the icons somewhere online.
    Can you tell me the settings ? I'll use other icons.

01-24-2015 08:10 PM
    Can you tell me the settings ? I'll use other icons.

Desktop Settings (You might need to change some of this depending on the phone you have)
    Desktop Grid: Rows - 7 Columns - 4
    Width Margin: Large (You might prefer Medium)
    Height Margin: Small
    Scroll Effect: None
    Wallpaper Scrolling: Off
    Infinite Scroll: Uncheck
    Label Icons: Check

Dock Settings
    Dock Style: On - Transparency 44% - Color #e2e1e1 - Rectangle
    Dock Icons: 4
    Width Margin: Large (Make this the same as your desktop width margin)
    Dock Height: Large
    Label Shadows: Uncheck
    Dock as Overlay: Check

Look and Feel
    Colour Theme: #ffffff
    Icon Size: 105% or 110% (You might need to change some of this depending on the phone you have)
    Icon Font: Normal
    Screen Orientation: Default
    Scroll Speed: Nova
    Animation Speed: Faster than light
    App animation: Zoom
    Show notification Bar: Check
    Transparent Notification Bar: Check

And that is basically it, I hope you get it looking right! Also, if you have a smaller screen than the Note 4, look up iOS 8 on an iPhone 6/5/4s/4 and adjust some settings to make it look similar.
    thatdude93 likes this.
    01-24-2015 08:30 PM
    Desktop Settings (You might need to change some of this depending on the phone you have)
    Desktop Grid: Rows - 7 Columns - 4
    Width Margin: Large (You might prefer Medium)
    Height Margin: Small
    Scroll Effect: None
    Wallpaper Scrolling: Off
    Infinite Scroll: Uncheck

Dock Settings
    Dock Style: On - Transparency 44% - Color #e2e1e1 - Rectangle
    Dock Icons: 4
    Width Margin: Large (Make this the same as your desktop width margin)
    Dock Height: Large
    Label Shadows: Uncheck
    Dock as Overlay: Check

Look and Feel
    Colour Theme: #ffffff
    Icon Size: 105% or 110% (You might need to change some of this depending on the phone you have)
    Icon Font: Normal
    Screen Orientation: Default
    Scroll Speed: Nova
    Animation Speed: Faster than light
    App animation: Zoom
    Show notification Bar: Check
    Transparent Notification Bar: Check

And that is basically it, I hope you get it looking right! Also, if you have a smaller screen than the Note 4, look up iOS 8 on an iPhone 6/5/4s/4 and adjust some settings to make it look similar.
    Thank you! I'll try this right now !

01-24-2015 08:32 PM
2,742 ... 2930313233 ...