Note 4 Man, this Beast is amazing!

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
To those who have also already recieved it, what are your impressions so far?

I couldnt play with it much, got called into for work despite having earned it off, took pics of it near late night but they came out dark so will upload new ones in the morning.

The screen is beautiful, phone is amazingly light even with the battery inside.

I put the N4 side by side with my N2, the white balance on the N2 is yellowish compared to the super bright white of the N4.

Screen brightness is amazing. Screen dimness is amazing. Gets TOO dim if you dim it in a lighted area.

Sound quality rocks. I dont know why people complain of a back speaker. Sounds very clear and loud.

S pen feels very light and thinner than my N2's. The pressure levels feel great. I never really used my stylus on the N2, but the N4 will change that. Already doodled a lot on the screen captures lol.

Touchwiz, and every transition is extremely fast. You can literally jump through apps and menus in seconds.

Love the new Recents menu. I thought I wouldnt like it, but I have literally used it many times just for the hell of looking at it and scrolling up and down. Switching between apps is instant and seamless.

Loving S Voice. Disliked it before.

Love how we can search for ANYTHING on the phone. Even the Settings have a Search function, thankfully, because man the settings are FULL of many different...well... settings.

Battery charges at a rate of about 1% per minute, with screen off.

Again, didnt get to fully experience or enjoy it as I wanted to. I am off today morning, as in Tuesday, truly off hopefully (PLEASE). So I will go through every function and feature of the Beast 4.

First impressions 10/10. Honestly, I have not (so far) found anything I did not like about the phone.

Pics and a better impressions tomorrow.

For now, lets hear everyone's thoughts! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Re: Man, this Beast is amazing!

Please don't take this personally, as I am just jealous because I am waiting for mine on Verizon, but......

I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbocfo

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

Mine arrived at 5 pm it's now 2:45 am and I can't put it down! Had a Note 3 before and recently an S5. Next to the Note 3 this is a whole different feel. It just feels perfect. Compared to the S5 the screen does not dim as much. The S5 has a more colorful screen, but that's my only complaint.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site

Good to hear your positive quick thoughts regarding S-Voice and the global Search. Those were the 2 features that worked well "for myself' on the iPhone 6's I tried before returning em.

Disabling S-Voice was the first thing I did on prior Samsung phones so I've been hoping it's improved. (Google Voice has been a bit disappointing for me).

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

To those who have also already recieved it, what are your impressions so far?

I couldnt play with it much, got called into for work despite having earned it off, took pics of it near late night but they came out dark so will upload new ones in the morning.

The screen is beautiful, phone is amazingly light even with the battery inside.

I put the N4 side by side with my N2, the white balance on the N2 is yellowish compared to the super bright white of the N4.

Screen brightness is amazing. Screen dimness is amazing. Gets TOO dim if you dim it in a lighted area.

Sound quality rocks. I dont know why people complain of a back speaker. Sounds very clear and loud.

S pen feels very light and thinner than my N2's. The pressure levels feel great. I never really used my stylus on the N2, but the N4 will change that. Already doodled a lot on the screen captures lol.

Touchwiz, and every transition is extremely fast. You can literally jump through apps and menus in seconds.

Love the new Recents menu. I thought I wouldnt like it, but I have literally used it many times just for the hell of looking at it and scrolling up and down. Switching between apps is instant and seamless.

Loving S Voice. Disliked it before.

Love how we can search for ANYTHING on the phone. Even the Settings have a Search function, thankfully, because man the settings are FULL of many different...well... settings.

Battery charges at a rate of about 1% per minute, with screen off.

Again, didnt get to fully experience or enjoy it as I wanted to. I am off today morning, as in Tuesday, truly off hopefully (PLEASE). So I will go through every function and feature of the Beast 4.

First impressions 10/10. Honestly, I have not (so far) found anything I did not like about the phone.

Pics and a better impressions tomorrow.

For now, lets hear everyone's thoughts! :)

How does notification light on the note 4 compare to the note 2. When looking at a note 4 at bestbuy it was very dim and I am just wondering how it looks in a normal setting.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Please don't take this personally, as I am just jealous because I am waiting for mine on Verizon, but......

I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, sorry. But that extra wait is only gonna make it so much more worth the wait. You'll be falling over it yourself very soon friend!

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Mine arrived at 5 pm it's now 2:45 am and I can't put it down! Had a Note 3 before and recently an S5. Next to the Note 3 this is a whole different feel. It just feels perfect. Compared to the S5 the screen does not dim as much. The S5 has a more colorful screen, but that's my only complaint.

Change your screen settings.

Display Screen Mode : AMOLED Cinema
Auto Adjust screen tone: OFF

Although keeping it on helps battery life a little.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

How does notification light on the note 4 compare to the note 2. When looking at a note 4 at bestbuy it was very dim and I am just wondering how it looks in a normal setting.

Note 4's notification light is slightlyyyy smaller in diameter, but its brighter, darker (in contrast) and looks very "HD" if you know what I mean. Much better than Note 2's. I will provide a side by side look of it in a while (will be a new thread).

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

We figured out that the poor sound was because of the phone security brackets at Best Buy were mostly or partially covering the external back speaker.

Glad to hear that it sounds great!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I love mine! It's very snappy.. The screen is so amazing. I am also really enjoying how fast it charges..

Also it looks sexy.. I got a black one :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

We figured out that the poor sound was because of the phone security brackets at Best Buy were mostly or partially covering the external back speaker.

Glad to hear that it sounds great!

Yeah my speakerphone is actually fine.. And loud. I use it when doing stuff at home.. Lay the phone down and I'm good to go... And yes I lay it on its back and it's still fine :).

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com

I agree that the speaker is plenty loud, but the sound is pretty flat. It's fine for phone calls via speakerphone, but if you're someone who likes listening to music, you might be underwhelmed. The sound is clear and I haven't had it become distorted even at high volumes, but I grabbed my partner's iPhone 6 plus and played the same song and it sounded much more full. But I rarely listen to music via the speaker so it's not that big of an issue for me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I agree that the speaker is plenty loud, but the sound is pretty flat. It's fine for phone calls via speakerphone, but if you're someone who likes listening to music, you might be underwhelmed. The sound is clear and I haven't had it become distorted even at high volumes, but I grabbed my partner's iPhone 6 plus and played the same song and it sounded much more full. But I rarely listen to music via the speaker so it's not that big of an issue for me.

Music yes.. It isn't good for that. Phone calls yes. I use my bluetooth headset for music :).

2006myko

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

Guys what are your thoughts on the metal frame? Does it show fingerprints easily and has anyone had any issue of it scratching easily? I know its still early but that killed me on my S4 with it peeling. (yes I know different materials)

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Guys what are your thoughts on the metal frame? Does it show fingerprints easily and has anyone had any issue of it scratching easily? I know its still early but that killed me on my S4 with it peeling. (yes I know different materials)
Metal is awesome. Feels VERY solid and sturdy. The polished chamfers show lots of fingerprints (can even see them in Android Central's Note 4 review), but they wipe away easily. No drops here, but I did read someone's post about dropping his phone and the painted finish getting scratched. There's really NO comparison between the Note 4 and the S4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers