Will all Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protectors have this "Halo" effect?

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Problem with the Bear Motion is the finger prints, they were bad. Easily wiped off but a screen protector with oleophobic coating is much better.

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Personallu, I don't care about the halo effect. As long as it isnt on my actual screen (in which it is not) doesn't bother me at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm using a zagg glass protector and it to has the halo issue. I hardly notice it and I lose no touch sensitivity on the edges.

Posted via the Android Central App

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

That's what I was thinking, that yours went on w/o a halo too. I just didn't want to sift through this whole thread to find your original post about it. So this is the Spigen that is no longer available. Makes me wonder why as now we have two posters that have installed it with no halo.

So right now we only have two that don't leave a halo that can be purchased. The iloome 8h Flexmate & the Tech 21 which currently is only available at a TMobile store (or maybe on their website too). The Tech 21 isn't glass but is a highly protective screen cover. I'll have my iloome on Monday so hopefully I'll be done with trying to find a protector.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Spigen certainly could have sold a lot of protectors had they left it on the market. Theirs would have been the only 9h tempered glass protector that didn't leave a halo and it still is to this day. Makes me wonder if they pulled them because buyers were complaining about them not covering the whole screen not realizing that no manufacturer offered one that covers the whole screen and they had the only glass protector w/o a halo that would be available.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
If you're asking about the Spigen OHBREEEEZY posted the pictures of it was pulled off the market and is unavailable.

Dru419

May 6, 2013
Visit site
ah damn...i have the invisibleshield glass on mine....the BB guy got it on perfect, but there is a halo effect all the way around (which the BB guy said that it should go away in 72 hours)...i doubt it after what i've read here :(

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
ah damn...i have the invisibleshield glass on mine....the BB guy got it on perfect, but there is a halo effect all the way around (which the BB guy said that it should go away in 72 hours)...i doubt it after what i've read here :(

Let us know, we're all still in search of a glass protector that fits correctly and doesn't have a halo.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
That is an interesting question. I have a hybrid PC I use in a mobile environment that has Corning Gorilla glass and I've never had a problem with the screen scratching. But on the other hand a phone because of how it's used would be more prone to scratching especially if it's put in a pocket or purse. I've always used screen protectors and I've got the iCarez film protectors to use until a glass protector that fits correctly without a halo is available. If that ever happens.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If you got it from BB, I'd go back with receipt, and get a refund. I did that, and got it refunded back to my card. My Zagg screen had the halo affect also, and it was awful. @$40 a pop I couldn't see keeping it, unless it worked to my satisfaction. I too am waiting on Spigen to release their revised version.

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz