Will all Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protectors have this "Halo" effect?

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
How much was it? A friend of mine got one from AT&T, it doesn't have a halo either but it cost $40.
It was the same. I think the brand was called PureTek. The T-Mobile salesperson put it on in front of me and the kit that comes with it makes sure that you put it on perfectly straight. It was awesome.

Note in my house!

David Gamboa

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
To anyone looking for a note 4 glass screen protector.I have tried 6 different types of glass screen protectors for the note 4 the only one that does not show a halo on the black note 4 is pure tek roll on they sell these at tmobile. For some reason the white note 4 halo is somewhat invisible. I personally installed one with a perfect stick all around the screen.Only downside is that it is super thin it almost feels like plastic but it is a flexible glass. I HOPE THIS HELPS ALL THE NOTE 4 OWNERS.......

cyphus64

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
So it's been a while that you've had that PureTek protector on your Note 4... Are you still happy with it? Has it scratched or shown any new peeling/halo-ing effect? Also, has it held up well to drops/impact? I'm probably getting a Note 4 in a few weeks when Note 5 slashes the price of them, and the PureTek roll-on Flexible glass has not been widely reviewed at all, but is mentioned here and there as the only non-halo that covers most of the screen.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I really want a tempered glass screen with no halo effect but 40$ is amazingly expensive for a screen protector.
The price is certainly high. However, I'm sure there's a lot that goes into the manufacturer setting that price - production costs and availability are two factors.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I've given up on tempered glass for this phone. I've tried several, with assurances from other users that "there's no halo effect." They all do. I guess if it's thin enough to bend, it might conform to the screen, but if it's as thin as plastic, what's the point? I can get six of those for less than $10; they cover more, have no halo, and last a good while.

Posted via the Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I have tempered glass every since December 2014. This is the 2nd one. The 1st went to the edge, and there were problems. The 2nd one that I have on now is perfect! It doesn't go to edge, and no halo.

Freddyb123

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the HTC A9 and I bought a tempered glass cover for my phone. I have this same problem with my phone. I don't know if it's from my phone having the 2d glass or if the screen protector is just cheap. It's almost as if the adhesive doesn't go all the way to the edges. I think I might buy a difference screen protector.

StevePeterson

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
A year and a half ago, when I was about to get my Note 4, I read this thread and felt uncertain about what to do. I ended up buying a Rhino Shield, and once I put it on, I've never thought about it again. I also put it in an Otterbox, which I'm very happy with. Google: Rhino Shield Note 4

noobishnoobster

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
i have the moshi ivisor glass and i have had others but the moshi looks the best got it from at&t online store for $5.00 . i like it better than the $50.00 one i had previous just google Moshi Black iVisor Glass Screen Protector - Samsung Galaxy Note 4 att . p.s. after i ordered it it said waiting to be in stock but it was shipped and at my house in about 5 days

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084