Headphones solution

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
As a Verizon customer, I was concerned about not receiving headphones with the headset. I wanted the full unboxing experience and like OEM headphones.

I realize now that there is a very simple solution. Simply, go to Samsung's website and order a pair for $15 (after 50% discount code: r1H01X01). This brings the total cost of the unit with headphones up to $715 ($700+$15). I believe this still brings in the total cost to be less than or on par with other carriers. So, we can feel less disappointed about not having headphones in the box :).

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
As a Verizon customer, I was concerned about not receiving headphones with the headset. I wanted the full unboxing experience and like OEM headphones.

I realize now that there is a very simple solution. Simply, go to Samsung's website and order a pair for $15 (after 50% discount code: r1H01X01). This brings the total cost of the unit with headphones up to $715 ($700+$15). I believe this still brings in the total cost to be less than or on par with other carriers. So, we can feel less disappointed about not having headphones in the box :).

Is this a Verizon thing? Because I got headphones in the box. (I'm Tmobile btw)

If I'm not mistaken, all launch units come with the headphones. Unless its a Verizon thing where they never come with the headphones.

?

Posted via the Android Central App

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
The website indicates no headphones and so does the Q&A. Others have indicated that in the past VZW doesn't include headphones. I am a first time Note user this time around, so I don't know what to expect.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Wait, Verizon customers NOTE 4 doesn't come with headphones?

We don't know that yet. Nobody has a retail Verizon Note 4.

The website indicates no headphones and so does the Q&A. Others have indicated that in the past VZW doesn't include headphones. I am a first time Note user this time around, so I don't know what to expect.

The other carriers didn't have headphones listed "in-the-box" either. You'll just have to wait and see.

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Tmobile didnt have headphones listed either, but I got them.

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Why would Verizon take accessories out of the box? The phone comes with headphones so I'm assuming Verizon will let me keep what I purchased from Samsung. If not, BB will be comp'ing me a pair of earbuds. They can send Verizon the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Q&A from VZW product website:
Q: Why doesn't Verizon provide earphones for this phone? for the price we pay it should be offered in the package not to buy as an accessory
A: Thank you for reaching out, aswoboda. The Note 4 is definitely an awesome looking device that is feature rich. Unfortunately, while headphones do not come included by the manufacturer, there are plenty of sweet headphones out there to purchase. Headphones Accessories - Verizon Wireless - Nicandro_VZW

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Q: Why doesn't Verizon provide earphones for this phone? for the price we pay it should be offered in the package not to buy as an accessory
A: Thank you for reaching out, aswoboda. The Note 4 is definitely an awesome looking device that is feature rich. Unfortunately, while headphones do not come included by the manufacturer, there are plenty of sweet headphones out there to purchase. Headphones Accessories - Verizon Wireless - Nicandro_VZW

Thats messed up for the Verizon subscribers, wth Verizon.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Keywords. They are probably misinformed. Wait and see.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Why would Verizon take accessories out of the box? The phone comes with headphones so I'm assuming Verizon will let me keep what I purchased from Samsung. If not, BB will be comp'ing me a pair of earbuds. They can send Verizon the bill.

Verizon probably ordered the note 4 without the headphones. Verizon didn't just take them out of the box. Same as the note 2 and Note 3. With that said I would rather save $50 over the tmobile Note 4 and $125 over the att note 4. For $50 i can get better headphones than what is bundled.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon probably ordered the note 4 without the headphones. Verizon didn't just take them out of the box. Same as the note 2 and Note 3. With that said I would rather save $50 over the tmobile Note 4 and $125 over the att note 4. For $50 i can get better headphones than what is bundled.

I pre-ordered through BB in their Samsung department and the Samsung folks I worked with indicated that the Note 4 was $299 regardless of carrier. So unless I was given incorrect info, which is certainly possible, I'm confused about how Verizon's price is less.

Anyway, if the lack of earbuds thing is true, it still seems like a bad decision on the part of Verizon. All unboxing videos thus far have shown the earbuds so it wouldn't be a stretch to think Verizon is setting itself up for some surprised and unhappy customers. Like most people, I've got an assortment of earbuds so it makes no difference to me really. But it still rubs me the wrong way.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered through BB in their Samsung department and the Samsung folks I worked with indicated that the Note 4 was $299 regardless of carrier. So unless I was given incorrect info, which is certainly possible, I'm confused about how Verizon's price is less.

Anyway, if the lack of earbuds thing is true, it still seems like a bad decision on the part of Verizon. All unboxing videos thus far have shown the earbuds so it wouldn't be a stretch to think Verizon is setting itself up for some surprised and unhappy customers. Like most people, I've got an assortment of earbuds so it makes no difference to me really. But it still rubs me the wrong way.

No contract on the Verizon Note 4 is $700, $750 tmobile, $825 att. AFAIK, No one on tmobile is getting the note 4 for $300.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

If you buy without a contract so that you can keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan for example.

Verizon: $699
T-Mobile: $749
AT&T: $825

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've got much better earphones than low end samsung give-away earphones. They'd never be used. :)
Eh they are decent and much better then what apple offers. No where as good as headphones that I've spent $300 on but decent since it's free

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
No contract on the Verizon Note 4 is $700, $750 tmobile, $825 att. AFAIK, No one on tmobile is getting the note 4 for $300.

I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the upgrade price.

Stephen Martino

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
ATT does the same thing. I will be very surprised if they come with headphones. Verizon and ATT just order them from Samsung without them. All the unboxings I have seen have been for the International version. The Note 2 and Note 3 from ATT did not include the headphones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol