10-14-2014 04:09 PM
50 12
tools
    As a Verizon customer, I was concerned about not receiving headphones with the headset. I wanted the full unboxing experience and like OEM headphones.

I realize now that there is a very simple solution. Simply, go to Samsung's website and order a pair for $15 (after 50% discount code: r1H01X01). This brings the total cost of the unit with headphones up to $715 ($700+$15). I believe this still brings in the total cost to be less than or on par with other carriers. So, we can feel less disappointed about not having headphones in the box .
    10-14-2014 11:51 AM
    Wait, Verizon customers NOTE 4 doesn't come with headphones?
    10-14-2014 11:55 AM
    As a Verizon customer, I was concerned about not receiving headphones with the headset. I wanted the full unboxing experience and like OEM headphones.

I realize now that there is a very simple solution. Simply, go to Samsung's website and order a pair for $15 (after 50% discount code: r1H01X01). This brings the total cost of the unit with headphones up to $715 ($700+$15). I believe this still brings in the total cost to be less than or on par with other carriers. So, we can feel less disappointed about not having headphones in the box .
    Is this a Verizon thing? Because I got headphones in the box. (I'm Tmobile btw)

If I'm not mistaken, all launch units come with the headphones. Unless its a Verizon thing where they never come with the headphones.

?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-14-2014 11:56 AM
    The website indicates no headphones and so does the Q&A. Others have indicated that in the past VZW doesn't include headphones. I am a first time Note user this time around, so I don't know what to expect.
    10-14-2014 11:59 AM
    Wait, Verizon customers NOTE 4 doesn't come with headphones?
    We don't know that yet. Nobody has a retail Verizon Note 4.

The website indicates no headphones and so does the Q&A. Others have indicated that in the past VZW doesn't include headphones. I am a first time Note user this time around, so I don't know what to expect.
    The other carriers didn't have headphones listed "in-the-box" either. You'll just have to wait and see.
    Honey_184 likes this.
    10-14-2014 12:00 PM
    Tmobile didnt have headphones listed either, but I got them.

10-14-2014 12:01 PM
    Stop freaking out. This is no where near being confirmed.
    Brandwin and CehowardNote7 like this.
    10-14-2014 12:01 PM
    Why would Verizon take accessories out of the box? The phone comes with headphones so I'm assuming Verizon will let me keep what I purchased from Samsung. If not, BB will be comp'ing me a pair of earbuds. They can send Verizon the bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-14-2014 12:03 PM
    Q&A from VZW product website:
    Q: Why doesn't Verizon provide earphones for this phone? for the price we pay it should be offered in the package not to buy as an accessory
    A: Thank you for reaching out, aswoboda. The Note 4 is definitely an awesome looking device that is feature rich. Unfortunately, while headphones do not come included by the manufacturer, there are plenty of sweet headphones out there to purchase. Headphones Accessories - Verizon Wireless - Nicandro_VZW
    10-14-2014 12:07 PM
    Q: Why doesn't Verizon provide earphones for this phone? for the price we pay it should be offered in the package not to buy as an accessory
    A: Thank you for reaching out, aswoboda. The Note 4 is definitely an awesome looking device that is feature rich. Unfortunately, while headphones do not come included by the manufacturer, there are plenty of sweet headphones out there to purchase. Headphones Accessories - Verizon Wireless - Nicandro_VZW
    Thats messed up for the Verizon subscribers, wth Verizon.

10-14-2014 12:08 PM
    Keywords. They are probably misinformed. Wait and see.
    10-14-2014 12:42 PM
    Why would Verizon take accessories out of the box? The phone comes with headphones so I'm assuming Verizon will let me keep what I purchased from Samsung. If not, BB will be comp'ing me a pair of earbuds. They can send Verizon the bill.

Verizon probably ordered the note 4 without the headphones. Verizon didn't just take them out of the box. Same as the note 2 and Note 3. With that said I would rather save $50 over the tmobile Note 4 and $125 over the att note 4. For $50 i can get better headphones than what is bundled.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    10-14-2014 12:45 PM
    If they don't come with headphones, is anyone really surprised? Verizon is a bunch of jack___es.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-14-2014 12:46 PM
    Thats messed up for the Verizon subscribers, wth Verizon.

I've got much better earphones than low end samsung give-away earphones. They'd never be used.
    10-14-2014 12:49 PM
    Verizon probably ordered the note 4 without the headphones. Verizon didn't just take them out of the box. Same as the note 2 and Note 3. With that said I would rather save $50 over the tmobile Note 4 and $125 over the att note 4. For $50 i can get better headphones than what is bundled.

I pre-ordered through BB in their Samsung department and the Samsung folks I worked with indicated that the Note 4 was $299 regardless of carrier. So unless I was given incorrect info, which is certainly possible, I'm confused about how Verizon's price is less.

Anyway, if the lack of earbuds thing is true, it still seems like a bad decision on the part of Verizon. All unboxing videos thus far have shown the earbuds so it wouldn't be a stretch to think Verizon is setting itself up for some surprised and unhappy customers. Like most people, I've got an assortment of earbuds so it makes no difference to me really. But it still rubs me the wrong way.

10-14-2014 01:06 PM
    I pre-ordered through BB in their Samsung department and the Samsung folks I worked with indicated that the Note 4 was $299 regardless of carrier. So unless I was given incorrect info, which is certainly possible, I'm confused about how Verizon's price is less.

Anyway, if the lack of earbuds thing is true, it still seems like a bad decision on the part of Verizon. All unboxing videos thus far have shown the earbuds so it wouldn't be a stretch to think Verizon is setting itself up for some surprised and unhappy customers. Like most people, I've got an assortment of earbuds so it makes no difference to me really. But it still rubs me the wrong way.

No contract on the Verizon Note 4 is $700, $750 tmobile, $825 att. AFAIK, No one on tmobile is getting the note 4 for $300.

10-14-2014 01:09 PM

If you buy without a contract so that you can keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan for example.

Verizon: $699
    T-Mobile: $749
    AT&T: $825
    10-14-2014 01:12 PM
    I've got much better earphones than low end samsung give-away earphones. They'd never be used.
    Eh they are decent and much better then what apple offers. No where as good as headphones that I've spent $300 on but decent since it's free

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    No contract on the Verizon Note 4 is $700, $750 tmobile, $825 att. AFAIK, No one on tmobile is getting the note 4 for $300.

I misunderstood. I thought you were referring to the upgrade price.

ATT does the same thing. I will be very surprised if they come with headphones. Verizon and ATT just order them from Samsung without them. All the unboxings I have seen have been for the International version. The Note 2 and Note 3 from ATT did not include the headphones.
    ATT does the same thing. I will be very surprised if they come with headphones. Verizon and ATT just order them from Samsung without them. All the unboxings I have seen have been for the International version. The Note 2 and Note 3 from ATT did not include the headphones.
    I don't get why. I mean I know they offered headphones with the s2 skyrocket which is a subset of the s2 line, s3, and s4 which I bought directly from an AT&T store.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    10-14-2014 01:14 PM
    1. The Note 4 headphones are great, sound clarity is very clear and they are 2x as loud as my iphone 5 headphones I use with the Note 2. Hurt my ears the first time I used them with an MP3 file, had to lower volume to a 10 with the Note 4 headphones.

2. Still doesnt justify anything. Headphones are supposed to be included, many people like the OEM ones, and thry can be kept as backup ones or give to a sibling or friend or even sell. Im glad Tmobile doesnt do this ****.

10-14-2014 01:16 PM
    Since no one has received the N4 from Verizon, it's best to wait and see instead of getting worked up over headphones "maybe" not being included in the box.... But even if they aren't included, I never use them anyway... I don't like feeling attached to my phone with wires #HeadphoneGate lol
    10-14-2014 01:18 PM
    1. The Note 4 headphones are great, sound clarity is very clear and they are 2x as loud as my iphone 5 headphones I use with the Note 2. Hurt my ears the first time I used them with an MP3 file, had to lower volume to a 10 with the Note 4 headphones.

2. Still doesnt justify anything. Headphones are supposed to be included, many people like the OEM ones, and thry can be kept as backup ones or give to a sibling or friend or even sell. Im glad Tmobile doesnt do this ****.

Anything sounds good next to apple headphones. I'd still be using my high end headphones so it doesn't matter to me.

They would have been nice to have to add to someones christmas gift though.

If you really want these headphones, you can get them for $8 on Amazon. That still makes the total purchase $40 cheaper on Verizon than on T-Mobile.
    10-14-2014 01:23 PM
    Verizon didn't do it with my iPhone 5, or any of my kids' various iPhones. I'm assuming that's because Apple specifically included them in the box.

Anyway it still seems a bit short-sighted on the part of Verizon. Likely they will be forced to field a bunch of surprised inquiries from confused customers and the time/effort required to explain to those folks, not to mention the short term bad publicity they may suffer, will ultimately cost them more than the money they're saving as a result of NOT including them with the purchase.

But, their business their rules, I suppose.

10-14-2014 01:24 PM
50 12