03-31-2016 01:41 AM
57 123
tools
    I too am not getting group messages from a running thread with my wife and in laws. I'm certain if I told them all to delete the thread and start fresh that my "issue" would be resolved but I find myself in no hurry at present! Lol
    05-04-2015 11:53 PM
    So the way I fixed this was by going to Settings > Application Settings > Messages > Multimedia Messages and check the Group conversation box. This way the text application always defaults to using Group mode and all conversations appear in the same window.
    08-21-2015 12:37 PM
    If you use a third party app like textra then you have the option of using MMS for group chats.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-21-2015 01:34 PM
    I have done the following: Settings > Application Settings > Messages > Multimedia Messages and check the Group conversation box and also tried Textra and I still cannot do group messages. Correction, I can send a group text, but all the responses come in individually and only to me. I would like to blame it on Lollipop 5.0.1 as it is the cause of all the other terrible things (too many to mention) happening to my Note 4 (which is making me seriously consider returning to an iPhone), however I still could not group text with Kitkat either.
    08-21-2015 02:17 PM
    Hello,

I had this same issue using a Note 4 with a Sprint account under Android 5.1.1 and I found the solution. The SIM module did not have my phone number updated, so group MMS was not available. Look under Settings -> About Device -> Status at the value "My phone number" if the value is "unknown" (as mine was), then that is your issue. I called Sprint, they updated the SIM in my phone remotely, I rebooted the phone and it is fixed. The value in the settings now shows my phone number and I have the Group checkbox and MMS options and it works great, just like my older version Android phones.

Hope that helps!

-Doc
    09-23-2015 12:59 PM
    I just checked my settings under "about device" and sadly my number is noted there and it is correct.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    09-23-2015 10:07 PM
    Hello. Just wanted to follow up a year later lol.

I haven't used iMessage in ages. And I still am "locked out" of all my "blue group chats" (aka group texts with all iPhone users).

This is not an issue that resolves in time. I've had to basically individually talk to countless friends over the year and let them know that I am not ignoring them in the group texts. I've had to explain the situation. And basically train them all (ha) to group chat over Facebook Messenger instead - which isn't too bad. We all use Messenger now. But many still often forget and text to the iMessage group chats. I've missed events, celebration dinners, etc.

Don't get me wrong. iMessage is absolutely amazing. But only if you plan on being iOS. For life.

Well done, Apple.
    03-31-2016 01:41 AM
57 123