Now that the specs have been "officially" revealed, is anyone considering switching pre-orders from the Note 4 to the Droid Turbo when released at the end of October? I have a Maxx now and love it, but wanted to try a Note. The new Turbo makes it tempting to stay with Moto. Verizon only, obviously.

Posted via the Android Central App
    2xgrandchampion likes this.
    10-14-2014 05:39 PM
    Oops. Note 4 in thread title...

10-14-2014 05:40 PM
    If I wanted a phone with a smaller screen I would. Not comparable IMO. I would probably go Nexus 6 over the Turbo just because of the size. Note 4 wins in both cases though.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    10-14-2014 05:57 PM
    Yes, I am on the fence right now. I already pre ordered the Note 4, but now seeing all the battery issues people are having has me thinking of going to the smaller screen with the bigger battery. Why didnt Samsung give us a 4000 Mah battery?
    10-14-2014 09:12 PM
    Exactly my thoughts. Moto has excellent radios as well.

10-14-2014 10:26 PM
    Yes, I am on the fence right now. I already pre ordered the Note 4, but now seeing all the battery issues people are having has me thinking of going to the smaller screen with the bigger battery. Why didnt Samsung give us a 4000 Mah battery?
    Have to ask, what battery issues. I've seen there was a update to address this but it also said the battery was as good as the note 3 and update might give the 4a edge over the 3.

10-14-2014 10:35 PM
    Turbo battery is nonremovable. I'll take a lower powered removable battery over a higher powered nonremovable battery any day. When my phone dies. I can put in a fresh battery and be right back at 100. When the turbo dies, it has to charge back up.
    deeb215 likes this.
    10-14-2014 10:49 PM
    Not for me. Although the phone looks good on paper. I do not like the looks of the device itself. I also do not like Motorola's interface. Just my personal preference. I love the larger screen of the note. I like the s pen and the overall looks of the device. For me it's a no. Only device right now that I would consider switching to would be the G4 or whatever LG will call their next device. And that won't be until. The summer.
    10-14-2014 10:52 PM
    Thanks to all for your input. I agree on the nonremovable battery and no SD card slot. I don't like powering off to insert a new battery and I charge nightly, so the 3,900 mah is very helpful.

10-14-2014 11:00 PM
    Every Motorola phone has had a sub par camera . The Moto x camera was/is a joke. If I hear and see that the Turbo has a quality camera, then I might take a closer look.
    pcsperson likes this.
    10-15-2014 01:22 AM
    No way.. No SD card, no removable battery, likely subpar camera, smaller screen, no spen, and it's just plain fugly. Who designed the chassis on this thing?
    10-15-2014 08:19 AM
    Thanks to all for your input. I agree on the nonremovable battery and no SD card slot. I don't like powering off to insert a new battery and I charge nightly, so the 3,900 mah is very helpful.

I carry a battery pack to charge my phones but I still prefer removable batteries because if the battery dies you can just buy a new one vs sending it in like the m8, iPhone or etc

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 09:27 AM
    I haven't seen any dimensions on the Turbo yet. But, I would have to believe that the increased battery size comes at a cost of thickness. 5.2" is really small for a battery that size. 10mm thick possibly? I know the non-removable battery takes away some of the heft, but not all.

10-15-2014 01:13 PM
    I live in a VERY remote area and service is questionable everywhere. I have a Note 3 and can hardly do anything unless I'm near one of our boosters. The poor signal destroys my battery. My co-worker has a Maxx and he gets perfect service everywhere and his battery lasts all day.

From just a spec sheet comparison, I love my note and would always prefer it, love having an S-pen, phone is great. But I think Moto just builds better phones and with a big battery and the better radios, I'm tempted to get a worse device that I can worry less about - get some advantages like faster updates and smoother performance too.

Can't decide which....
    10-17-2014 11:08 AM
    Hmm let me think about this... Droid Turbo has no expandable memory, a non removable battery, it's smaller and IMHO just plain ugly! On second thought, there's nothing to think about... Pass me the Note 4 pls
    10-17-2014 11:56 AM
    I live in a VERY remote area and service is questionable everywhere. I have a Note 3 and can hardly do anything unless I'm near one of our boosters. The poor signal destroys my battery. My co-worker has a Maxx and he gets perfect service everywhere and his battery lasts all day.

From just a spec sheet comparison, I love my note and would always prefer it, love having an S-pen, phone is great. But I think Moto just builds better phones and with a big battery and the better radios, I'm tempted to get a worse device that I can worry less about - get some advantages like faster updates and smoother performance too.

Can't decide which....
    Has your phone always had bad reception? After the 4.4.2 update my reception went to crap. I got a warranty replacement and it's been fine since.

10-17-2014 01:14 PM
    One thing I like about forums people like blowing things out of perportion without experiencing first hand
    10-17-2014 01:17 PM
    Has your phone always had bad reception? After the 4.4.2 update my reception went to crap. I got a warranty replacement and it's been fine since.

It's definitely been worse as of late. I was thinking maybe Samsung plans for your phone to start acting up after a year on purpose so I crave the next one they crank out. Probably would still upgrade yearly...

Is there any reason why Moto radios would work better than Samsung?
    10-18-2014 03:54 PM
    If you are in low signal areas going with Droid is safer , but you can wait and see some of the radio tests on Note 4. I usually have Note 3 with me and can tell that it just can't compare to Motorola (poor signal areas- mostly indoors) both X and Maxx.

on VZW Moto X
    10-19-2014 07:20 PM
    Highly doubt that Droid will have better camera than Note 4.
    Motorola is far behind Samsung in that area. Only hope is if they messed up last year so much on that "clear pixel" nonsense (letting 25% more of the white pixels through) that no software tweaking could have helped, so the all new Sony (hopefully) is easier to play with. Moto X 2014 does show improvements - from useless to OK, so we have to wait and see.

on VZW Moto X
    10-19-2014 07:27 PM
    Every Motorola phone has had a sub par camera . The Moto x camera was/is a joke. If I hear and see that the Turbo has a quality camera, then I might take a closer look.
    Highly doubt that Droid will have better camera than Note 4.
    Motorola is far behind Samsung in that area. Only hope is if they messed up last year so much on that "clear pixel" nonsense (letting 25% more of the white pixels through) that no software tweaking could have helped, so the all new Sony (hopefully) is easier to play with. Moto X 2014 does show improvements - from useless to OK, so we have to wait and see.

on VZW Moto X
    If I'm not mistaken, the Turbo has the same camera as the Xperia Z3. I don't see that Sony makes any other 20.7MP sensor. This doesn't guarantee the same quality, though.

10-19-2014 08:26 PM