Note 4 Sticking with touchwiz or nova?

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: How long did u go b4 replacing touchwiz

I like TouchWiz but ever since I had a nexus 5 I love the Google now launcher and even side loaded the apk onto my note 3 before Google made it avaliable to any phone with Android 4.4

I will probably try out touchwiz but I like how I have more apps per page on the Google now launcher

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The only thing that stops me from using the Google Now Launcher on my Note 3 is how big the icons are. Way too big.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Not to be a snob, but are we talking about launchers or ROMs? TouchWiz is a ROM and we are stuck with it until someone figures out how to root the note 4 and builds a custom rom for it.

As far as launchers go, I'll save my settings in Nova on my sd card, and import those settings to the Note 4 as soon as I start using it. You keep all the futures of TouchWiz and get a better launcher.

Now, I'm probably one of the only people who is going to get the phone and put it away in a drawer for a while.... I'll wait until someone roots the note so I can remove or disable carrier iq and remove some att bloatware. I just couldn't pass up the trade in promo.
When people talk about touchwiz it probably means the ui skin and not the actual ROM. I also think people have an issue with the skin in general when you change the ROM

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

changing it as soon as i get home from BB friday. when i had my s3 replaced a few months ago, i literally sat in the sprint store with it after closing along with the cleaning guys setting up my usual launcher just to make sure i had the same setup before turning the old one in. i'm nuts though, my screens have to be as minimalistic as possible with only a few tiny icons. touchwiz just...aggravates my ocd.

Posted via Android Central App

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

When my Note comes in Wednesday that'll be one of the first things I do. Nova Launcher Prime is must! Sexy, Speedy, Gestures, Dock, Resizing, Animations, and all the other glorious things that come with it.

Even if I liked the look of touchwiz, I would use Nova Launcher and download a touchwiz theme. Doesnt seem like it makes sense but gestures are totally worth it IMO.

Anthony Mclean

May 4, 2013
Visit site

When my Note comes in Wednesday that'll be one of the first things I do. Nova Launcher Prime is must! Sexy, Speedy, Gestures, Dock, Resizing, Animations, and all the other glorious things that come with it.

Even if I liked the look of touchwiz, I would use Nova Launcher and download a touchwiz theme. Doesnt seem like it makes sense but gestures are totally worth it IMO.

True gestures are huge if you use them

Willy_P

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Normally I would have installed Apex launcher as soon as I received my Note 4, but Touch Wiz has come a long way and I'm giving it a try. I did make one change from the stock launcher. I went to Home Screen Settings and unchecked Flipboard Briefing. I like Flipboard but I don't want it taking up an entire desktop. Also, it prevented the infinite scrolling of the desktop screens. So far the thing I miss the most from the Apex launcher is the ability to lock the desktop. If my grandkids get a hold of my phone they like to play a game called "Move the Icons and Hide Them From Grandpa."

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Before my S5, I hated TouchWiz. They've made pretty good improvements with it so I plan to keep it with the Note 4. The only thing I'll replace is the launcher. Nova FTW!!!

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

Not to be a snob, but are we talking about launchers or ROMs? TouchWiz is a ROM and we are stuck with it until someone figures out how to root the note 4 and builds a custom rom for it.

As far as launchers go, I'll save my settings in Nova on my sd card, and import those settings to the Note 4 as soon as I start using it. You keep all the futures of TouchWiz and get a better launcher.

Now, I'm probably one of the only people who is going to get the phone and put it away in a drawer for a while.... I'll wait until someone roots the note so I can remove or disable carrier iq and remove some att bloatware. I just couldn't pass up the trade in promo.

The Note 4 has been rooted. Now that the carriers are releasing their variants, those will be rooted within days of release as well--they just need some files off of them.

muadib279

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The Note 4 has been rooted. Now that the carriers are releasing their variants, those will be rooted within days of release as well--they just need some files off of them.
I have never rooted before, and have gotten conflicting answers, so I will ask here. Does rooting void the warranty?

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes. It will trip Knox and void it.

Not totally true. Depends on how you root.
I have never rooted before, and have gotten conflicting answers, so I will ask here. Does rooting void the warranty?
Rooting will void your warranty IF you trip Knox. If you don't trip Knox, no worries. My Note 3 is rooted without tripping Knox, so long as I remove root permissions, I can use the warranty.

Do not go messing with rooting your phone until you are prepared to risk voiding the warranty. There is a good chance someone will figure out a way to root without tripping Knox, just have to wait.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sticking with touchwiz or nova?

I plan to go straight for Nova. I will play around some and see, but Nova can be dialed in so specifically to my liking it's pretty hard to compete with.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sticking with touchwiz or nova?

I've left it as is.. I'm all stock at the moment and actually enjoying it. I may install Nova (usually do) but for now I'm just enjoying the phone :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463