Note 4 Sticking with touchwiz or nova?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sticking with touchwiz or nova?

I like touchwiz a lot and with the app I found to change icons on stock launcher, its all good.

MHoward29

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

I'll give touchwiz the benefit of the doubt. Every review has had positive things to say about touchwiz, even guys who have previously killed it on other devices, so I'll give it at least the weekend. I'll probably just end up missing Nova eventually though.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

I put Nova Prime on it. I don't mind the TW launcher, but I hate how it's only 4x4. The first row of icons is almost half way up the screen.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

Do you lose any features or extras when changing the launcher?

Posted via Android Central App

The only thing you lose are some of the Samsung widgets, such as the calendar widgets. Everything else still works--S pen, multi window, etc.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: How long did u go b4 replacing touchwiz

Why do icons need to take up so much space? The score widget for example takes up too much space for such a small widget

kevin_fan

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site

Nova Prime here since day1. Is it normal that when you press the recent app button, the animation is not so smooth?The google hangouts also tend to do the same. Feels like bloated.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

Yes. It will trip Knox and void it.

Yes, it will trip knox, however, your warranty may not be void if Samsung determines that a problem with your phone had nothing to do with root.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

The Note 4 has been rooted. Now that the carriers are releasing their variants, those will be rooted within days of release as well--they just need some files off of them.

Not for the verizon and att models due to their locked bootloader. The root method available right now requires an unlocked bootloader. A new exploit will need to be found for these which will likely take a long while.
Anyway, touchwiz and nova launcher for me.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

The only thing you lose are some of the Samsung widgets, such as the calendar widgets. Everything else still works--S pen, multi window, etc.

Yep and only difference is you can't see Facebook notifications in terms of showing you have 1 notification for example