08-23-2015 01:59 PM
235 1234 ...
tools
    I have seen a number of posts regarding the amoled display sometimes being inconsistent in color from one side of the screen to the other. I saw this myself on a display unit at Best Buy. Since the new display is undoubtedly the biggest improvement in the Note this year, this production problem is particularly disturbing if you are not picking up and checking out the phone at a store. In any case, you can exchange a defective phone, but doing it by mail is a pain.

Posted via Android Central App
    I don't have this.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    10-23-2014 07:12 AM
    Mine doesn't do that.

Only a Tmobile issue I believe.
    10-23-2014 09:39 AM
    Only a Tmobile issue I believe.
    Ok.

10-23-2014 09:50 AM
    I know there are threads on which SD card to get. But, for those of us using ours from our previous Note 3, can we just pop it into the Note 4 or does it need to be reformatted? It seems there would be possibly less issues by starting out clean and just moving necessary stuff back to the card after a format. But, then again, I don't want to wait time unnecessarily if it's not required.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-23-2014 11:35 AM
    I seem to get a lot more dropped calls. Yesterday, I tried to call someone & couldn't hold a conversation due to breaking up (called a landline, so it wasn't her phone). I also hear myself echoing during some conversations. And I really miss my voice activated alarm. I take pills 3 times a day, it was so much easier to say stop to shut it off. (any apps have an alarm like this? ) Otherwise, since I use the phone for everything I do, I'm loving it!
    10-23-2014 11:52 AM
    Had my sprint note 4 since release date and no issues at all one of the best phones i ever used and that is coming from note 3

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-23-2014 12:14 PM
    I have a sandisk 64GB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    I had this issue with my Note 2 and a Sandisk microsd. I switched to a Samsung microsd this time around.
    10-23-2014 12:36 PM
    The bottom half of my screen is unresponsive every once in awhile and I have to reboot. I put the S-View cover on 2 days ago. Anyone else seen this?
    10-23-2014 12:39 PM
    I'm having the same WiFi issue.
    10-23-2014 12:54 PM
    Very disappointed so far. I averaged 3 dropped calls a month at most with the Note 3, I have already had 9 dropped calls in the first 4 days. The external speaker is garbage, I am getting a lot of crackling sounds from it. People on the other end of my calls can't hear me talk as well. Other then that, the screen is great!!!!! May be switching to the dark side after this mess!
    10-23-2014 02:54 PM
    Also, random apps open when I don't even touch the screen. Really weird!
    10-23-2014 02:57 PM
    I Thought YouTube had 4k samples!
    10-23-2014 03:24 PM
    Picked up my Note 4 on the 17th from AT&T. I love it and wish AT&T didn't remove the ear buds. I used Google Maps today and lost the GPS connection 3 times on a 30 minute drive, some trees but no tall buildings.

The volume indicator moves from right to left when increasing the volume; this is different but tolerable and not sure if this is Samsung or KitKat.

I setup an appointment and the calendar is OK until you enter a start date. The days are backwards.
    Screens hoots included

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Known Note 4 issues?-screenshot_2014-10-23-15-42-48.jpg   Known Note 4 issues?-screenshot_2014-10-23-16-03-59.jpg  
    Tanooki2 likes this.
    10-23-2014 04:06 PM
    Another thing I've noticed, the smart stay icon in the notification bar just disappears even when the setting is on. I've had all 4 Notes the day they came out and the small things on the Note 4 are very noticeable. Maybe an update or two will help with the Glitches. I've never known a phone/software to be completely perfect. Time will tell.
    10-23-2014 04:35 PM
    I seem to get a lot more dropped calls. Yesterday, I tried to call someone & couldn't hold a conversation due to breaking up (called a landline, so it wasn't her phone). I also hear myself echoing during some conversations. And I really miss my voice activated alarm. I take pills 3 times a day, it was so much easier to say stop to shut it off. (any apps have an alarm like this? ) Otherwise, since I use the phone for everything I do, I'm loving it!
    What's your carrier?

10-23-2014 04:39 PM
    What's your carrier? Getting dropped calls is something people reported with the Note 3 and we were all hopeful that the radio was improved in the N4. I wonder if there is a carrier specific problem here. Do you have your phone encased in a metal bumper case that possibly is blocking some of the signal.

10-23-2014 04:48 PM
    Another issue that I post on another thread

If you organized the apps in the app drawer (not the desktop) into folders , the phone does not memorize it.. once i restarted the phone , all the apps are out the folders....

the folders still there but empty... i tried this on my phone and my wife's phone and both react the same way....
    dlgus likes this.
    10-23-2014 04:51 PM
    Are your dropped calls in the same area all the time or random location. I get dropped calls on AT&T network with my Note 4 or any phone (GS3, BB Z10) I used in the same location. I know of four dead spots in my area and it doesn't matter if I'm using my old GS3, my work BB Z10, or my new Note 4 on AT&T. I get a dropped called when I drive through those area.
    Connert likes this.
    10-23-2014 05:03 PM
    Google Now voice recognitions is not working on my Verizon Note 4.... Anybody else having this issue?
    10-23-2014 05:05 PM
    I haven't had any issues, I'm in tmobile.

edit: has Verizon and att not received the battery update? My battery life has been absolutely stellar. Lasts the entire day with moderate and some heavy use.
    10-23-2014 05:08 PM
    Another issue that I post on another thread

If you organized the apps in the app drawer (not the desktop) into folders , the phone does not memorize it.. once i restarted the phone , all the apps are out the folders....

the folders still there but empty... i tried this on my phone and my wife's phone and both react the same way....
    Fortunately, problems like these are software issues that should be easily fixed.

10-23-2014 05:19 PM
    Well, I know there are issues. Some have reported poor battery life. A reviewer reported dead pixels on his display. Some user in another thread reported dropped calls. How common are these?

That happens on every single smartphone known to man. It is inevitable. There is always a rotten apple.
    10-23-2014 05:38 PM
    I still can't believe no one is talking about the GPS. I finally found somewhere that had them, got a replacement, and the GPS still doesn't work!! What do I do now?? Try for another replacement?
    10-23-2014 06:25 PM
    I think there is an issue with my microphone is there a way to tunr it off and on?
    Jesse Ortega likes this.
    10-23-2014 06:28 PM
    AT&T, and no case. There is a lot of glitches with this phone so far. I had an appointment scheduled for this morning, and it continues to alert me.
    10-23-2014 06:34 PM
235 1234 ...