Known Note 4 issues?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I seem to get a lot more dropped calls. Yesterday, I tried to call someone & couldn't hold a conversation due to breaking up (called a landline, so it wasn't her phone). I also hear myself echoing during some conversations. And I really miss my voice activated alarm. I take pills 3 times a day, it was so much easier to say stop to shut it off. (any apps have an alarm like this? ) Otherwise, since I use the phone for everything I do, I'm loving it!

What's your carrier? Getting dropped calls is something people reported with the Note 3 and we were all hopeful that the radio was improved in the N4. I wonder if there is a carrier specific problem here. Do you have your phone encased in a metal bumper case that possibly is blocking some of the signal.

Posted via Android Central App

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Another issue that I post on another thread

If you organized the apps in the app drawer (not the desktop) into folders , the phone does not memorize it.. once i restarted the phone , all the apps are out the folders....

the folders still there but empty... i tried this on my phone and my wife's phone and both react the same way....

datastar

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Are your dropped calls in the same area all the time or random location. I get dropped calls on AT&T network with my Note 4 or any phone (GS3, BB Z10) I used in the same location. I know of four dead spots in my area and it doesn't matter if I'm using my old GS3, my work BB Z10, or my new Note 4 on AT&T. I get a dropped called when I drive through those area.

twooit

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any issues, I'm in tmobile.

edit: has Verizon and att not received the battery update? My battery life has been absolutely stellar. Lasts the entire day with moderate and some heavy use.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Another issue that I post on another thread

If you organized the apps in the app drawer (not the desktop) into folders , the phone does not memorize it.. once i restarted the phone , all the apps are out the folders....

the folders still there but empty... i tried this on my phone and my wife's phone and both react the same way....

Fortunately, problems like these are software issues that should be easily fixed.

Daniel P1

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, I know there are issues. Some have reported poor battery life. A reviewer reported dead pixels on his display. Some user in another thread reported dropped calls. How common are these?

That happens on every single smartphone known to man. It is inevitable. There is always a rotten apple.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I still can't believe no one is talking about the GPS. I finally found somewhere that had them, got a replacement, and the GPS still doesn't work!! What do I do now?? Try for another replacement?

bignick2135

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
AT&T, and no case. There is a lot of glitches with this phone so far. I had an appointment scheduled for this morning, and it continues to alert me.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
This was a purposeful (don't know why) decision of Youtube. Don't blame the Note 4 for it.

Umm, I think that's why I said "More of a Youtube issue"...... But, given that the phone is capable of playing higher res video, shouldn't the manufacturer try to ensure that there's some content out there?

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Picked up my Note 4 on the 17th from AT&T. I love it and wish AT&T didn't remove the ear buds. I used Google Maps today and lost the GPS connection 3 times on a 30 minute drive, some trees but no tall buildings.

The volume indicator moves from right to left when increasing the volume; this is different but tolerable and not sure if this is Samsung or KitKat.

I setup an appointment and the calendar is OK until you enter a start date. The days are backwards.
Screens hoots included

Posted via the Android Central App

That's a "hoot".......

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I am using the 64gb Sandisk Ultra SD card from my Note 3 for a year & I am getting corrupt pictures from the camera!

UPDATE: Later the pictures I took disappeared. Back to the date they started disappearing on my Note 3 : ( I was holding on VZ support line for 45 minutes & they were researching & got disconnected .... 2nd time on hold for 61 minutes not good! I disbled Google + & changed the 64gb Ultra out with another & will see what happens ;)

Good Luck to all, but I think we have some issues & maybe they will get fixed!

Cheers, Jon

Last edited:

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Humor me: Tomorrow when everyone goes to work (or class, or to run errands, etc) plug in your destination into the GPS and see if it stays on you, GPS stays locked, etc. Then report back.

bwright16

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
When I try to use quick connect it says theres an update for it. Well, when I hit okay it takes me to the Samsung app store and says this product does not exist. If I hit cancel to decline the update, it will not allow me to use it. Basically, I have a dead link in my notification area with no way to remove it. Anyone else facing this?

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Very disappointed so far. I averaged 3 dropped calls a month at most with the Note 3, I have already had 9 dropped calls in the first 4 days. The external speaker is garbage, I am getting a lot of crackling sounds from it. People on the other end of my calls can't hear me talk as well. Other then that, the screen is great!!!!! May be switching to the dark side after this mess!

The speaker is not garbage.

Posted via the Android Central App

bignick2135

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
If you read my post more clearly, you would have understood that I have a defective speaker. Clearly the speaker is not garbage when it works properly.

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Is it normal that the back light and menu light don't come on? When I hit the back button to go back on the browser, the Note 2 I had used to light up. I thought it would on the Note 4.

Edit: I figured it out in the power saving mode. I had power saving mode on and it was restricted not to light up to save the battery.

Last edited:

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you read my post more clearly, you would have understood that I have a defective speaker. Clearly the speaker is not garbage when it works properly.
I read your post and did not get that your speaker was defective. But now that you say that, that would explain things. My speaker works pretty good. I just wish my ringtones were a little louder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome