Known Note 4 issues?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Now that the Note 4 is in the hands of real end users, who spent their hard earned money on this great new phone, we are sure to hear of problems that professional reviewers given free phones wouldn't dare to report.

Hopefully your new Note 4 is perfect, but this is the place to vent if it isn't.

Posted via Android Central App

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, I know there are issues. Some have reported poor battery life. A reviewer reported dead pixels on his display. Some user in another thread reported dropped calls. How common are these?

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that there are so many variables. Dropped calls? Well, how many dropped calls was the person receiving before? How are other users faring on call reliability? Dead pixels is pretty straightforward, but so many other things are so subjective and unit dependent. Perhaps it will be a blessing to have to wait another week so I can get a sense of the problems others are having and see if there is a trend.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
.... Perhaps it will be a blessing to have to wait another week so I can get a sense of the problems others are having and see if there is a trend.

That's one reason I started this thread. I would love to be the first kid on my block with this new phone, but fear initial build issues with the first batch. Hopefully, that won't be the case. We will wait and see.

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget the group sms issue for inbound from iPhones. No option to set group mms like on note 3. So messages inbound from iPhones are arriving individually.

Posted via Note 4!

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting alot of SD card errors. Often, SD card was removed, followed up preparing for SD card or whatever it says.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
→This phone currently runs 4.4.4 out of the box. Since receiving this phone on Monday (10/13/14) I've not witnessed any problems whatsoever. Yea the battery drains quicker which is expected with new phones. The note 4 does charge faster than my note 3 which is a big plus.

→Probably the only thing I've seen happen so far are my apps having some issues with 4.4. 4 (I think this is what's causing the problem but I could be wrong) . That's pretty much it.

→Oh yea, the stylus update is awesome for the individuals who likes to draw on their phones and/ or take notes which in this are a Samsungdidn't hold back. I just purchased a "WACOM" drawing tablet for Photoshop CC'14 with their own pen which also came with extra tips. My point is, Samsung had included the extra tips, the samething WACOM has been doing...

*I still can't believe that T-mobile managed to get this Phone out so early. I wonder how much money tmobile paid Samsung to allow this early release.

**No SD Card issue here. Which brand are you using? I've read somewhere on these forums that Samsung's SD card is the way to go.

".... [T-Mobile]→ Samsung ''charcoal" black 32 gigs onboard storage plus a 64-bit Samsung SD card.... "
-={Android Central App} =-

Last edited:

mastaofdacat

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes ! AT&T Note 4 ... Got my phone out of my pocket to respond to my text msg .I tried to swipe the lock screen wouldn't respond , held power button down , restart button wouldn't respond to my touch . Battery pull and turned it back on , lock screen again no response . Battery pull second time and turned it on finally worked. Ugh !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
→This phone currently runs 4.4.4 out of the box. Since receiving this phone on Monday (10/13/14) I've not witnessed any problems whatsoever. Yea the battery drains quicker which is expected with new phones. The note 4 does charge faster than my note 3 which is a big plus.

→Probably the only thing I've seen happen so far are my apps having some issues with 4.4. 4 (I think this is what's causing the problem but I could be wrong) . That's pretty much it.

→Oh yea, the stylus update is awesome for the individuals who likes to draw on their phones and/ or take notes which in this are a Samsungdidn't hold back. I just purchased a "WACOM" drawing tablet for Photoshop CC'14 with their own pen which also came with extra tips. My point is, Samsung had included the extra tips, the samething WACOM has been doing...

*I still can't believe that T-mobile managed to get this Phone out so early. I wonder how much money tmobile paid Samsung to allow this early release.

**No SD Card issue here. Which brand are you using? I've read somewhere on these forums that Samsung's SD card is the way to go.

".... [T-Mobile]→ Samsung ''charcoal" black 32 gigs onboard storage plus a 64-bit Samsung SD card.... "
-={Android Central App} =-

I have a sandisk 64GB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
That's one reason I started this thread. I would love to be the first kid on my block with this new phone, but fear initial build issues with the first batch. Hopefully, that won't be the case. We will wait and see.

So far so good on mine. Nothing at all to complain about.

Posted via the Android Central App

phatho1

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Okay where do I began. AT&T Note 4 I'm on my 2nd one in less than 72hrs. Unable to send or receive Bluetooth from or to any phone. Bluetooth connectivity in car disconnects spontaneously by itself, when music is played (music player. Pandora etc) constant skips during songs. During a call you hear yourself speaking twice. NFC/SBeam unable to send or connect to S4 or Note 3 and any other phone that has this feature, and this is with the 1st Note 4 I got Monday Which has been factory reset etc over 10 times and no luck also took it to AT&T support center waste of a drive. Now the 2nd one Seemed to be working fine no issues until my Wi-Fi started disconnecting itself and no available Wi-Fi although I have several showing up on my Note 3 and S4 not to mention I'm sitting in my home which has Great Wi-Fi. Will continue to use both simultaneously to see if things get better.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any issues. This phone has been flawless and beautiful for 5 days.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Had my sprint note 4 since Friday and happy to report no issues at all.

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME

louee6

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Note 4 since the 16th and haven't experienced any issues!! I notice quite of few of you guys are complaining of poor battery!! I come from a Note 3 which DEFINITELY had poor battery and honestly didn't think 20mah would make a difference but this phone on power saving mode with a lot of use throughout the day, texting, emails, calls, and plenty of Instagram, i've been checking about 730ish in the evening and having about 52% compared to my Note 3 approx. around the same time having 29%. I absolutely love this phone!!

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
One known issue that there is a thread for is the calculator speaks the numbers as you enter them even when the setting is for it not to speak.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams