Known Note 4 issues?

SophiaL14

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
My home screen widgets have stopped working again. For ex. the alarm clock widget can be tapped on to create an alarm but it won't update the widget. Restarting the device always seems to fix things though.

Hope you guys understand what I'm saying.

Posted via the Android Central App

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I love the device completely, it is amazing, but the only issue I am having is when I pair my LG headset to it. If I even move 5 feet away from the device, it will start going in and out and the person on the other end cant hear me. It worked to perfection on my Note 3 and my LG G3, but on the Note 4, no good. Other than that, amazing device and great choice!

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues with the camera and focusing on objects far off in the distance? Phone focuses fine close, but when I try to take a picture of, say, a sunrise, the camera loses focus.

Anyone else have this issue?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any issues with the camera and focusing on objects far off in the distance? Phone focuses fine close, but when I try to take a picture of, say, a sunrise, the camera loses focus.

Anyone else have this issue?

I don't think this is a problem. Just prioritize the area of the picture you want to be in sharper focus. Do this by placing your finger on the screen and move the focusing square to the area you want sharpest. In lower light situations, like sunrise or sunset, you don't have much depth of field and therefore, need to pick your spot of interest. In bright light, you will have greater depth of field and the entire picture, both foreground and background will be in sharp focus, even without prioritizing the focusing square.

Posted via Android Central App

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I kerp getting wifi authentication errors with my home router. When i try to sign back on using the password, it doesn't take the password and keeps promoting me to sign on. A reboot usually fixes it.I have an att uverse router.

In my 2013 Toyota highlander playing music through Google play with bluetooth starts correctly showing the correct track, but if i try to change the track using the stereo controls the music pauses according to the stereo but it keeps playing with no sound on the phone. I have to reboot the phone for it to work again. I have tried to deleting the pairing many times with the same results.

My note 2 worked flawless in both instances.

t5jabroni

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a sandisk 64GB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Mine did the same thing with a Sandisk 64GB card.....kept cycling through unmounting and mounting the SD card.....Popped in a friend's 16gb card and it worked fine..Looked on Amazon for a new SD card and saw they had the Samsung 64gb EVO card for $31. Figured a Samsung card should work perfect in a Samsung phone. Went to Best Buy where they were selling it for $89 and had them match the price. Walked out popped the new Samsung SD card in and now it works perfectly since....

On a side note, I am pretty OCD when it comes to the display (mostly the richness and pop of the colors). I held the Note 4 next to my Note 3 and for the most part the Note 4 is better except for the reds. I noticed the reds and oranges of the Note 3 seem deeper and less washed ou than my Note 4 (I know first world problems). I think it might be the settings that Samsung provide for the display. The Note 4 seems pretty limited to choices...adaptive, cinema, photo and, basic....the Note 3 had all including dynamic which is what I always had it set on....I noticed that the Cinema on both seem to produce same results, wonder why Samsung removed the additional options for display. Anyone else OCD like me on their display and notice any deficiencies compared to your old Note 3?

bwright16

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with sending and receiving colored emojis? If I send them they cannot be seen and same goes for if someone sends them to me. I have the Sprint variant.

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
If this were the case, it would be great.

The phone is simply not focusing, even I select an area to focus that is further away than a few feet. Like I posted in another post, I can focus on any other device in my household, but not the Note 4. It seems like maybe 1/10 times, it actually focuses on what I want it to.

Grayf0x

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any issues, but speaking with a Verizon rep 2 days ago, it sounds like there may be an update coming down the pike on October 27th. If it's anything like the AT&T or T-Mobile updates, there could be a refinement to the device's battery use.

Alexander Burnside

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
So far no interesting issues. The finger print reader doesn't work 100% of the time, and when it tried to read my girlfriend's heartbeat, it refused (I guess she's a zombie). I presume both of those things are either software issues or user error - no big deal.

The biggest problem I have is that I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to a "normal" sized phone screen. First. World. Problems.

Old Guy 59

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Everything on my Verizon Note 4 seems to be working well. No GPS issues last night on an 8 mile trip using Google Maps and no dropped calls. Just from reading posts in this thread seems most of the issues are on AT&T.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
If this were the case, it would be great.

The phone is simply not focusing, even I select an area to focus that is further away than a few feet. Like I posted in another post, I can focus on any other device in my household, but not the Note 4. It seems like maybe 1/10 times, it actually focuses on what I want it to.

Return to your carriers store and compare your n4 to theirs. Perhaps there is something wrong with yours. Be sure removed the protective film from the lens.

Posted via Android Central App

jtroupe281

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am thoroughly enjoying my Note 4 after upgrading from the Note 3, I love the cleaner look and feel of TouchWiz. The only problem that I have encountered recently happened after I created certain folders in the app drawer. After restarting the phone, certain folders are ungrouped. Has anyone else seen this and knows why it happens, and is there a fix for it? Thanks in advance.

kerrdj

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My local verizon WOULDNT sell me one. They had sold 10 today and had 10 come back(3 were online orders)

All of them said the home button, power button and volume buttons didnt work

Beltelmel

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any issues, but speaking with a Verizon rep 2 days ago, it sounds like there may be an update coming down the pike on October 27th. If it's anything like the AT&T or T-Mobile updates, there could be a refinement to the device's battery use.

What AT&T update?

datastar

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
UPDAT TO MY POST
Went to AT&T to switch my phone because of the backwards calendar and everything on the wrong side. This is how they set it up on release day. AT&T could not help me and after 45 minutes of debating because I would not except them doing a factory reset and losing everything they sent me to another store 25 miles away because they didn't have a black Note4 to swap. Waited about 45 minutes at new store because they were busy. The Tech examined my phone and could not figure out what was wrong so he about to swap. He checked with his manager ad she wanted to look at the phone, all were amazed and said they never saw this. She looked through the settings and under the developers are, there is a setting that force everything to display right to left. Wahat frustration the last couple of days but my Note 4 is a OK now and I'm loving it more.

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Note 4 on for about 2 hours so far. It's still downloading all of my apps and seems to be taking a long time. At one point, I opened an app while several were downloading and it froze. I had to do a battery pull :( I'm still waiting for Smart Switch to load. I'm hoping that it's as slick as everyone says. Should I have somehow initiated Smart Switch before everything started downloading from my Google account or is this normal?

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
On VZ .... Here' one I have never heard of ... I was on hold with support for about 35 minutes from my land line about a memory card issue & both of my cell phones rang .... my deactivated Note 3 & my new Note 4 :p . I did go through the proper setup with my Note 3 off. After being on hold a 2nd time last night for 61 minutes, I decided to handle it today. It took them about 1.5 hours to figure this one out .... when we turned off the Note 3, the Note 4 could not take or make calls ;) Finally tier 2 support had to remove the phone & put it back in the system & it worked ;) BTW, the SanDisk Ultras are crap for memory cards!

Cheers, Jon