Known Note 4 issues?

tasha_c

May 23, 2012
Visit site
LOVE the phone, but a few quirks that I'm not happy with:

1) The led notification light is incredibly dim. Even on the brightest setting, I can barely see the light go off. Disappointing as the light was perfect on my s3 and I'm used to seeing the notification light (former blackberry user)

2) My phone would switch from "mute" to "sound' intermittently. Happened a couple times this morning at work and I'm trying to figure out how this occurred as the phone is just sitting on my desk.

3) During phone calls, the phone vibrates during the call. I'll check to see if I've received a notification of some sort or if someone left a vm, but there's nothing; it just vibrates. Maybe because it's up against my face? I don't know.

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my third Note 4. The first one had a bright band on the left side of the display and a dark shadow-like band on the right side the display. The second one had a home button that only registered a push on the left side of the button. Now, this third one has a rear camera lens cover/bezel that is not glued on straight. It looks like it is twisted a few degrees counterclockwise. Everything on this phone is flawless in operation (finally), so I will just live with the funky bezel on the rear camera.

I have the Verizon variant, made in China.

I had issues with my previous Note 2 as well. The one I originally purchased had a display anomaly which was not present on a replacement. Samsung has never been known for their build quality, and I think it has to do with multiple manufacturing sites producing multiple carrier variants. If you get one that is perfect, consider yourself lucky! You have won the Samsung lottery this time around.

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
LOVE the phone, but a few quirks that I'm not happy with:

1) The led notification light is incredibly dim. Even on the brightest setting, I can barely see the light go off. Disappointing as the light was perfect on my s3 and I'm used to seeing the notification light (former blackberry user)

2) My phone would switch from "mute" to "sound' intermittently. Happened a couple times this morning at work and I'm trying to figure out how this occurred as the phone is just sitting on my desk.

3) During phone calls, the phone vibrates during the call. I'll check to see if I've received a notification of some sort or if someone left a vm, but there's nothing; it just vibrates. Maybe because it's up against my face? I don't know.

Was your phone face up or face down when it was muted on your desk? If it was face down, you have that setting enabled.

tasha_c

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Was your phone face up or face down when it was muted on your desk? If it was face down, you have that setting enabled.

Face up. Happened again today during a client lunch where I had the phone on silent, sitting face up and then my notifications went off when I received a message.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Face up. Happened again today during a client lunch where I had the phone on silent, sitting face up and then my notifications went off when I received a message.

Are you running any third party apps for messaging/email, etc? These might be ignoring the system settings for volume control.

Just throwing out ideas to try to help resolve it.

tasha_c

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Are you running any third party apps for messaging/email, etc? These might be ignoring the system settings for volume control.

Just throwing out ideas to try to help resolve it.

Got it! Ironically, it was the "work" profile on my cover lock screen; I didn't set it to silent. Thanks!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Serious GMAIL sync issues!!!

So I am new to this forum...have been following it for a while though..

I have a note 4 with Verizon...Here's my issue

GMAIL APP sync....My Email has a hard time syncing...It works fine 1st thing in the morning, but as the day goes by, it stops syncing.

Here's what i have done so far:-

1. checked to see if gmail sync was on..IT WAS
2. checked to see if background sync was on....IT WAS
3. Deleted my gmail app and re-installed it again...didn't do anything
4. Removed my gmail account and set it up again...Didn't help
5. Called Samsung tech support...They were CLUELESS !!!
6. Rebooted my phone a couple of times...Didn't help either

So what are my options...It happens BOTH ON WIFI AND LTE..Don't want to factory reset my phone!! Anything u guys can think off?

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Serious GMAIL sync issues!!!

I have a Verizon N4. Has anyone had any trouble syncing with Exchange recently? This were fine the past several weeks and this week at about 8am it seems pushes stop. I reboot and it resumes. Both LTE and Wifi this seems to happen.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

So I am new to this forum...have been following it for a while though..

I have a note 4 with Verizon...Here's my issue

GMAIL APP sync....My Email has a hard time syncing...It works fine 1st thing in the morning, but as the day goes by, it stops syncing.

Here's what i have done so far:-

1. checked to see if gmail sync was on..IT WAS
2. checked to see if background sync was on....IT WAS
3. Deleted my gmail app and re-installed it again...didn't do anything
4. Removed my gmail account and set it up again...Didn't help
5. Called Samsung tech support...They were CLUELESS !!!
6. Rebooted my phone a couple of times...Didn't help either

So what are my options...It happens BOTH ON WIFI AND LTE..Don't want to factory reset my phone!! Anything u guys can think off?

I would clear the cache and data for Gmail app, and see if that works. Also try downloading Inbox and see if you experience the same issues using that.

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

So I did what I said I would do. Completed the swap; now just a couple days with a brand spankin new Note, I get the same weird text message issue where it won't send and I have to restart the phone. So freaking aggravated at this point; the phone is so amazing but too many poor functions

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

So I did what I said I would do. Completed the swap; now just a couple days with a brand spankin new Note, I get the same weird text message issue where it won't send and I have to restart the phone. So freaking aggravated at this point; the phone is so amazing but too many poor functions
What was your previous phone? Was it an iPhone by any chance?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

I would clear the cache and data for Gmail app, and see if that works. Also try downloading Inbox and see if you experience the same issues using that.

I will try doing that...It's been working fine today, i didn't do anything, just @ times it decides to act up...and with it, even google voice is effected as sometimes i don't get text messages on the google voice app!!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Err... Coming from a Note 3 where I had simultaneous phone and data in 4g, to not! Am I missing something? Even in 4g I am not able to use Internet while on a call. In which case, this might phone be for sale!

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I can...don't know what settings you may have that keep you from it.

Err... Coming from a Note 3 where I had simultaneous phone and data in 4g, to not! Am I missing something? Even in 4g I am not able to use Internet while on a call. In which case, this might phone be for sale!

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

It's not the phone especially if you have the same thing on 2 of them now. If this is a text that won't send there could be many reasons. Just the other day I tried to text a word with an accent in it. The text kept failing and when I took out the mark it went. There are many anomalies. If you are using stock messaging then try chompSMS or any of the others. There is no poor function involved. You'll find it. Good luck.

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

What was your previous phone? Was it an iPhone by any chance?

Nope it was actually the S4. The only complaint I had with that phone was the battery but I had the phone for over a year. Before that I had the Galaxy Nexus, then the Droid X. As I said earlier I always was a Droid fan. If I still had days left to return the phone I'd happily get the iPhone plus

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Nope it was actually the S4. The only complaint I had with that phone was the battery but I had the phone for over a year. Before that I had the Galaxy Nexus, then the Droid X. As I said earlier I always was a Droid fan. If I still had days left to return the phone I'd happily get the iPhone plus

I would definitely take up the matter with VZW tech support then. You and I swapped over from the same phone (with the same complaint about battery, actually) but I have not experienced any issues like you're describing. I am on a different carrier, maybe that is the only difference.

Does the problem replicate even if you're using Chomp or Textra by any chance?

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm having trouble with podcasts. I've tried three different apps but my podcasts always stop after about 30 minutes. I have to pick up the phone and start the podcast again for it to resume. I wonder if there is some setting that times out after a certain time but I can't locate it. I checked the music auto off setting in the default music app but that is set to off.

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

I'm having trouble with podcasts. I've tried three different apps but my podcasts always stop after about 30 minutes. I have to pick up the phone and start the podcast again for it to resume. I wonder if there is some setting that times out after a certain time but I can't locate it. I checked the music auto off setting in the default music app but that is set to off.

Pocket casts works fine for me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia