Known Note 4 issues?

Thomas Marquardt

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for about five days and i come up with three things wrong with this phone.
1. Battery life isn't the greatest.
2. Sometimes when I open my camera app or snapchat it wont focus. At all.. it just wont. I've gone into safe mode to see if maybe an app had done something with that camera. Cleared cache and everything no change.
3. My default music player is doing something super odd. I'd download an album on my computer and play it there and have no problems but when when i transfer it over to my external SD card and play it on my phone it will mix other songs into the song I want to listen too. I don't understand why. Fine on the computer and it just wont play the song i want. Say I'm playing Drake it will take a completely different song and play it even though it says its playing drake.:mad:
Anyone know anything about this?

aloush03

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
My note 4 camera stopped focusing after root. Anybody experience same issue, I don't wanna redo root looking for quick fix.

Posted via the Android Central App

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for about five days and i come up with three things wrong with this phone.
2. Sometimes when I open my camera app or snapchat it wont focus. At all.. it just wont. I've gone into safe mode to see if maybe an app had done something with that camera. Cleared cache and everything no change.
3. My default music player is doing something super odd. I'd download an album on my computer and play it there and have no problems but when when i transfer it over to my external SD card and play it on my phone it will mix other songs into the song I want to listen too. I don't understand why. Fine on the computer and it just wont play the song i want. Say I'm playing Drake it will take a completely different song and play it even though it says its playing drake.:mad:

Wht kind of battery life u getting there? U a heavy user?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Battery life is always bad for the first 3-5 days after initializing. Report back after a couple of weeks. This phone has been widely reported to have outstanding battery life. If you are not getting that kind of performance, it is very likely something to do with your setup.

This is something that many users have reported difficulty with. Try downloading all of the available camera modes from the Samsung store (go into the camera app, select mode, then download the optional modes. This seems to help some people. Also try long pressing on the screen in the center of the object of focus, this will force the camera to focus on that object/person.

That is a new one to me. Try downloading PowerAmp or something like that and see if the problem replicates there. How are you transferring the music files to your SD card?

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm so glad to see other users are as frustrated as I am buy the loss of this Voice Recognition Alarm feature! I used that feature every single solitary morning &CANNOT believe the would not include something as basic as this on the Note 4! What's worse is, like you, I also tried the WakeVoice App & it's terrible! Even more unbelievable is, there are NO other apps in the entire Play Store that offer this function!

I also had some issues with my 1st Note 4 (MMS, Sound & Spen/Commands not launching.) I did get a replacement & thankfully, this phone has really been flawless & overall, I do really love a lot about the Note 4. However, I am still really upset about the Voice Recog./Alarm feature being removed from the Note 4 , especially since, there is no app to just install to get the feature back! (that works!)

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

jazzee339

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Note 4 for a month with no problems. Today while I was watching TV with my phone sitting on the coffee table the screen lit up, Goggle search came on with references to the show I was watching. A little time passed, the screen lit again, this time Goggle was talking. I wasn't quick enough to catch what she said, but the screen showed references to another TV show that was on. A little time passed, the screen lit up, the phone was dialing, nine numbers, not ten, Verizon came on to tell me that was not a valid number please try again. This all took place within about one and one half hours. I have never had this happen on any phone. I am not tech say enough to even begin to know how to solve a problem such as this.

Last edited:

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Note 4 for a month with no problems. Today while I was watching TV with my phone sitting on the coffee table the screen lit up, Goggle search came on with references to the show I was watching. A little time passed, the screen lit again, this time Goggle was talking. I wasn't quick enough to catch what she said, but the screen showed references to another TV show that was on. A little time passed, the screen lit up, the phone was dialing, nine numbers, not ten, Verizon came on to tell me that was not a valid number please try again. This all took place within about one and one half hours. I have never had this happen on any phone. I am not tech say enough to even begin to know how to solve a problem such as this.

Ok Google was probably listening to the show that you were watching. Which is hilarious and kinda creepy. And it was probably interpreting sounds it heard on the television as commands. Just turn off ok google and the voice activated services.

jmzafra93

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Just a list of my current issues with my 7 month old Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (AT&T)
1. Major GPS issues- The GPS issues render the maps/ waze unusable. The Arrow would stay still and not always be synced.
2A. Lag- I feel like this comes with a lot of Android phones I have used, but this for some reason has been particularly bad. I would unlock the phone for example by swiping and it would play the sound like it unlocked then the screen would go off like I did not unlock it, then I would press the home button and the phone screen would come on like it was not even locked.

2B. Music Equalizer lag- The equalizer settings would apply in the middle of songs instead of a seamless start from the beginning.

There are a few more little things but I think that it could be associated with the Android 5/ Lollypop update because the phone was running fine on Kit Kat before, (except for the GPS, that has always been whack even on my old Galaxy S4). These problems are getting so annoying that I am considering jumping ship back to Apple. I have had an iPhone before and never had these stupid problems. This is my third Android device BTW.

ritapdx

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Where do I begin? I got my Note 4 back in December. It replaced my iPhone 4s. I was delighted with the thing. About a month ago, late June or early July, it started having the following problems:

1. Unable to receive calls intermittently
2. Unable to make calls intermittently
3. Intermittent dropping of calls
4. Unable to send text messages

This phone has made my life a living hell over the past 4 weeks or so. I can't rely on getting a phone call from a prospective employer. I was doing a phone interview today and the thing just decided to drop the call. I took it to where I got it, the AT&T store, and of course it wasn't their problem. They sent me clean to hell and gone across town to the official "Device Service Center". There, I encountered a nice enough young fellow who said the problem was because I had been using an iPhone previously. HUH????? Anyway, he ran some diagnostics, did an OS upgrade, and managed to wipe out all of the aftermarket Apps that I had gotten. Lo and behold! The phone is still fouled up. I want to be rid of this POS (not Point-of-Sale) so bad I can taste it. I have no idea how this piece of hardware survived any sort of reasonable QA. It is hideous and now I am stuck with it. Scheisse!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Where do I begin? I got my Note 4 back in December. It replaced my iPhone 4s. I was delighted with the thing. About a month ago, late June or early July, it started having the following problems:

1. Unable to receive calls intermittently
2. Unable to make calls intermittently
3. Intermittent dropping of calls
4. Unable to send text messages

This phone has made my life a living hell over the past 4 weeks or so. I can't rely on getting a phone call from a prospective employer. I was doing a phone interview today and the thing just decided to drop the call. I took it to where I got it, the AT&T store, and of course it wasn't their problem. They sent me clean to hell and gone across town to the official "Device Service Center". There, I encountered a nice enough young fellow who said the problem was because I had been using an iPhone previously. HUH????? Anyway, he ran some diagnostics, did an OS upgrade, and managed to wipe out all of the aftermarket Apps that I had gotten. Lo and behold! The phone is still fouled up. I want to be rid of this POS (not Point-of-Sale) so bad I can taste it. I have no idea how this piece of hardware survived any sort of reasonable QA. It is hideous and now I am stuck with it. Scheisse!
If you didn't physically damage the phone, you have a one year manufacturers warranty. It's hard to believe there were no issues, then all of the sudden all of these issues without something changing. Were you on 5.0.1 for a while before these issues starting popping up? That's usually the culprit. If you were and didn't drop it or subject it to any water, I would call your carrier (not go into a store), explain the issue and tell them you want a warranty replacement. If their service center couldn't fix it and wiped it and installed the latest OS and you are still having issues, they would have to replace it for you.
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

McLovin52

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Verizon user here. I've had my note 4 since it came out for verizon. Right away I had an issue connecting to my wifi. Had to purchase a new router for it to work right. Everything was fine after that for awhile. Now in the last 2 months or so, the gps is just horrible. It seems like I never have 4g. And the phone doesn't work in 3g or under. I am always using my gps for my job, and have been in these areas for the last 4 years and never had a problem getting 4g. Now all of a sudden, the phone doesn't want to work in some areas.

KMM154

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I am the UK and purchased Note 4 in June. I love my phone but since upgrade on lollipop my text messages sound does not work - emails etc loud and clear. Everything is set as it should be and I have had my daughter, an S6 owner, who is phone savvy look at it for 2hrs, her IT savvy husband and my phone carrier team look at it. All are mystified. I contacted Amazon from whom I bought it - they advised me to contact Samsung - this I have just done and await reply. In my research I have come across other Samsung Note owners and even some S6 owners with same issue - I'm pretty sure its a bug. Will let you know what Samsung say. Ultimately if all else fails I will go back to Amazon for a replacement as this is extremely annoying, I have to keep checking phone for message replies and if anyone messages me unexpectedly I am completely oblivious until I look at my phone!

KMM154

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I have seen lots of people complain about battery life. I think for a phone of its capabilities the battery life is good. Full battery lasts pretty much all day depending on use, and I use it moderately heavy. The fast charger is unbelievably quick - I have downloaded various CM apps that help ensure I'm not wasting battery and notify me if apps are wasting battery. I close apps not in use, delete or force stop those I never use. I have background data set to restricted and screen buttons such as brightness set to moderate. I think with a bit of work in setting your phone up the Note is a lovely phone -photos are superb, screen and sound are brilliant. I love that there are controls for various sounds i e ringtone and media - just wish my message tone worked - an issue I am currently pursuing - but quite happy with battery life 😆