10-16-2014 02:32 PM
59 123
tools
    And I thought the black was the hottest seller.
    White is the hottest seller, that's why it costs more

Posted via Android Central App
    10-15-2014 06:49 PM
    Can you "cancel" edge? What does that involve? Paying off the phone with no upgrade?
    Basically. You can't just turn it in after the required percentage is paid off. You upgrade with subsidized pricing and sign a 2 year contract or stick it out until it's fully paid off. That's why the biggest benefit of Edge was to turn in your phone after 12 months and get something new. They basically neutered the main appeal of the Edge program. They might as well rename it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 06:57 PM
    Exactly, the only reason I liked it was so I could uprgade or change phones every 6-12 months. Upgrading every 18 months won't cut it for me. Still anyone know if this effect people like me who pre-ordered before the 16th? They can't just change the terms after I agree to edge under the old terms, right?
    10-15-2014 07:58 PM
    Exactly, the only reason I liked it was so I could uprgade or change phones every 6-12 months. Upgrading every 18 months won't cut it for me. Still anyone know if this effect people like me who pre-ordered before the 16th? They can't just change the terms after I agree to edge under the old terms, right?
    I can't say for sure, technically, but you saw the box pop up with all of the payments showing and only 20 were showing, along with the $35 payment. I think that's pretty much what you agreed to. It doesn't matter what they do going forward. The Edge plan might change a couple more times in the next 12 months or be dropped altogether. That's why I locked in the second phone today before they changed the terms.
    sulla1965 likes this.
    10-15-2014 08:10 PM
    I can't say for sure, technically, but you saw the box pop up with all of the payments showing and only 20 were showing, along with the $35 payment. I think that's pretty much what you agreed to. It doesn't matter what they do going forward. The Edge plan might change a couple more times in the next 12 months or be dropped altogether. That's why I locked in the second phone today before they changed the terms.
    Yeah I think so since myVerizon site has a copy of my pre-order edge agreement and it has the 60% clause shown. Although the next time we edge up the new terms will apply. So this may be my last edge. Damn it was nice while it lasted.
    10-15-2014 08:21 PM
    Yeah I think so since myVerizon site has a copy of my pre-order edge agreement and it has the 60% clause shown. Although the next time we edge up the new terms will apply. So this may be my last edge. Damn it was nice while it lasted.
    A lot can change in 12 months. I'll worry about it then.

10-15-2014 08:45 PM
    Verizon always find a way to ruin things. I'm waiting for then to drop the discount for edge lines as well. Just a matter of time.
    10-15-2014 10:26 PM
    Verizon always find a way to ruin things. I'm waiting for then to drop the discount for edge lines as well. Just a matter of time.
    Doubt they will. They just up the edge requirement... Such as it now requires 75 percent of the device to be paid before you can "edge up".
    10-15-2014 10:45 PM
    Doubt they will. They just up the edge requirement... Such as it now requires 75 percent of the device to be paid before you can "edge up".
    Yeah saw that. Although it sucks it stop helps getting phone a little quicker that the old standard 2year contact. They just changed the edge to 60percent. Surprising that they are changing it again so soon.
    10-15-2014 10:49 PM
    Yeah saw that. Although it sucks it stop helps getting phone a little quicker that the old standard 2year contact. They just changed the edge to 60percent. Surprising that they are changing it again so soon.
    Yeah at the point of 75 percent I'd rather just pay off the other 25 percent.. Rather than edge up and have to give them the phone.
    10-15-2014 11:00 PM
    Yeah at the point of 75 percent I'd rather just pay off the other 25 percent.. Rather than edge up and have to give them the phone.
    Exactly. I would rather keep the phone. After the 25 dollar credit. Verizon basically have me a mostly free device. Then sell it and do it again.
    10-15-2014 11:02 PM
    That's what they are hoping. You pay 75 percent of the phone. Trade it in so they make even more money from it. Then you repeat.
    10-15-2014 11:03 PM
    That's what they are hoping. You pay 75 percent of the phone. Trade it in so they make even more money from it. Then you repeat.
    Yeah I'll just keep paying the installments until I decide on my next phone. Nothing against the Note 4, I just can't own a phone for more than a year, especially with so many nice new phones coming out every 6-12 months. Pay the installments then cash out and sell the Note 4 to recoup towards my next phone.
    10-16-2014 12:22 AM
    lol this has turned into the edge thread
    :-P

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    10-16-2014 06:23 AM
    To be honest, I am not sure how VZW's new EDGE pricing is even a sustainable strategy. I was already on the fence about edging up after 1 year versus buying the phone outright, reselling it, and then starting new EDGE (hey, it is free financing at the very least). I convinced myself it is worth it only because I don't want to be bothered with the extra step. With the new EDGE, I will simply buy the phone outright and re-sell. For example, to buy a Note 4 outright after a year, it costs $350. You can easily recoup a large majority of that by re-selling, and then starting a new EDGE contract. I cannot imagine anyone will EDGE up after 18 months either, when new phone releases happen on an ANNUAL basis.
    10-16-2014 06:41 AM
    This new Edge plan sucks! I just signed my first Edge contract on 10/7 and it'll be the last... I can't see paying off 75% of the phone to give it back AND only have the option to upgrade every 18 months... The least they could've offered was something like what At&t offers, with Next 12 or Next 18. Unless something drastic happens in the next 12 months, (I won't hold my breath) I'll pay my phone off and switch to At&t. Tmo service is terrible around here and Sprint is even worse.
    10-16-2014 06:44 AM
    Basically. You can't just turn it in after the required percentage is paid off. You upgrade with subsidized pricing and sign a 2 year contract or stick it out until it's fully paid off. That's why the biggest benefit of Edge was to turn in your phone after 12 months and get something new. They basically neutered the main appeal of the Edge program. They might as well rename it.

Yeah that sucks! Are they changing it for everyone no matter when you signed up?
    10-16-2014 06:45 AM
    Yeah that sucks! Are they changing it for everyone no matter when you signed up?
    No out will only be for those after the date it goes into effect.
    10-16-2014 07:43 AM
    I was debating moving my line to an edge plan from the standard two year contract. Now there really is not much of an advantage in doing that it would appear.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-16-2014 08:20 AM
    Seems like Verizon is still clinging to the old regime of contracts...meh...should have gone with T-Mobile. At least the coverage will be excellent though.
    10-16-2014 08:23 AM
    I just got off the phone with VZW customer service to make sure my edge agreement wouldn't change since I signed it prior to the changes that went into effect today and they confirmed I'm good until I decide to "Edge up." That's when I'll either have to agree to the new terms or sign a contract to get reduced pricing... at least I have 1 yr before I decide. But here's the thing that got me.... the rep put me on hold to double check with his supervisor, and he comes back telling me, it's paying off the same amount on the phone before you can upgrade, but it's just stretching the payments out. I told him, you're reasoning makes no sense... How is paying off 60% (with the old Edge) the same as paying off 75%. As it was prior to today, I would be paying $420 before I can upgrade at 60% (of a $700 device) paid vs paying 75% which would make it $525 paid off before I could upgrade . He went silent!! He just kept repeating "well we're stretching out the payments which makes it more affordable since the payments would be lower".... Saving $5-6 per month doesn't make it attractive to me since I would still pay more. He then said, "well you could always make a down payment on the device so you could upgrade at 12 months with 75% paid!" Then he went on to blame the manufactures of the phones, saying they're the ones who want them to change it. BULLCACA!! He also said, all the plans with AT&T's Next program and Tmo's jump will be changing, and would probably even be done away with. I'll believe that when I see it! Ugh, I have ZERO complaints about VZW when it comes to the coverage but they're soo GREEDY!! The only bright side is, I won't have to worry about all this mess until the Note 5 comes out lol, hopefully they'll have changed it for the better by than.

EDITED TO ADD: I got a call back from the CS Rep, to remind me the $25 credit I receive per month since I have a 15GB plan wouldn't be changing. So right now instead of paying about $35 for the phone, I'm really only paying $10. If I decide to Edge up again under the new plan, the payments for a new phone (if priced at $700) would be $29ish, and I would still receive a $25 credit which would leave me paying about $4 per month for the device. But regardless of this or that credit, the bottom line is if we agree to the new terms, we have more to pay off before we qualify to Edge up.
    10-16-2014 08:36 AM
    To be honest, I am not sure how VZW's new EDGE pricing is even a sustainable strategy. I was already on the fence about edging up after 1 year versus buying the phone outright, reselling it, and then starting new EDGE (hey, it is free financing at the very least). I convinced myself it is worth it only because I don't want to be bothered with the extra step. With the new EDGE, I will simply buy the phone outright and re-sell. For example, to buy a Note 4 outright after a year, it costs $350. You can easily recoup a large majority of that by re-selling, and then starting a new EDGE contract. I cannot imagine anyone will EDGE up after 18 months either, when new phone releases happen on an ANNUAL basis.
    To be honest, it makes perfect sense. Verizon wants people to be locked in and upgrade every 2 years (whether on contract or edge). Sure you can upgrade at 18 months but most are on a 1 or 2 year cycle.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    10-16-2014 09:08 AM
    I agree that VZW wants people to stay on 2 year plans. But why on earth would I trade a phone in to VZW when I paid off 75% of it? I can pay the additional 25% and sell it on EBAY, no?
    10-16-2014 10:09 AM
    I agree that VZW wants people to stay on 2 year plans. But why on earth would I trade a phone in to VZW when I paid off 75% of it? I can pay the additional 25% and sell it on EBAY, no?
    VZW is still trying to hold on to the old two year model when other carriers have recognized that consumers want more flexible options. Simple as that.
    10-16-2014 10:20 AM
    You don't. Verizon wants to claim to have it as an option, so they can claim that you can upgrade early.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
    10-16-2014 11:48 AM
59 123