Verizon Note 4(White) to ship by 10/31

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Basically, they are turning Edge into primarily a payment plan option only. They want you to pay off 75% of the device, then give it to them. I am starting to wonder where the Edging up portion is going. They want you on cutting edge devices, but only 6 months earlier now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, when the 16th comes know if this is true. I pre-ordered earlier without knowledge of this change. Hopefully those like me are still covered in the prior 60%. If not, I may have to cancel my edge agreement as I wouldn't edged had I known about this change.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I just saw this as well pre-ordering one for my wife. Does that mean none of the stores will get the white ones on release day as well? If so, it might be better to try and just go into a store on release day.

As long as I get it -- I'm happy. I can wait a little while longer. :-*

Besides, I still haven't made up my mind about a case -- so the extra time will be good.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Basically, they are turning Edge into primarily a payment plan option only. They want you to pay off 75% of the device, then give it to them. I am starting to wonder where the Edging up portion is going. They want you on cutting edge devices, but only 6 months earlier now.

Can you "cancel" edge? What does that involve? Paying off the phone with no upgrade?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Can you "cancel" edge? What does that involve? Paying off the phone with no upgrade?

Basically. You can't just turn it in after the required percentage is paid off. You upgrade with subsidized pricing and sign a 2 year contract or stick it out until it's fully paid off. That's why the biggest benefit of Edge was to turn in your phone after 12 months and get something new. They basically neutered the main appeal of the Edge program. They might as well rename it.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, the only reason I liked it was so I could uprgade or change phones every 6-12 months. Upgrading every 18 months won't cut it for me. Still anyone know if this effect people like me who pre-ordered before the 16th? They can't just change the terms after I agree to edge under the old terms, right?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Exactly, the only reason I liked it was so I could uprgade or change phones every 6-12 months. Upgrading every 18 months won't cut it for me. Still anyone know if this effect people like me who pre-ordered before the 16th? They can't just change the terms after I agree to edge under the old terms, right?
I can't say for sure, technically, but you saw the box pop up with all of the payments showing and only 20 were showing, along with the $35 payment. I think that's pretty much what you agreed to. It doesn't matter what they do going forward. The Edge plan might change a couple more times in the next 12 months or be dropped altogether. That's why I locked in the second phone today before they changed the terms.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I can't say for sure, technically, but you saw the box pop up with all of the payments showing and only 20 were showing, along with the $35 payment. I think that's pretty much what you agreed to. It doesn't matter what they do going forward. The Edge plan might change a couple more times in the next 12 months or be dropped altogether. That's why I locked in the second phone today before they changed the terms.

Yeah I think so since myVerizon site has a copy of my pre-order edge agreement and it has the 60% clause shown. Although the next time we edge up the new terms will apply. So this may be my last edge. Damn it was nice while it lasted.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think so since myVerizon site has a copy of my pre-order edge agreement and it has the 60% clause shown. Although the next time we edge up the new terms will apply. So this may be my last edge. Damn it was nice while it lasted.

A lot can change in 12 months. I'll worry about it then.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Verizon always find a way to ruin things. I'm waiting for then to drop the discount for edge lines as well. Just a matter of time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon always find a way to ruin things. I'm waiting for then to drop the discount for edge lines as well. Just a matter of time.

Doubt they will. They just up the edge requirement... Such as it now requires 75 percent of the device to be paid before you can "edge up".

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Doubt they will. They just up the edge requirement... Such as it now requires 75 percent of the device to be paid before you can "edge up".
Yeah saw that. Although it sucks it stop helps getting phone a little quicker that the old standard 2year contact. They just changed the edge to 60percent. Surprising that they are changing it again so soon.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah saw that. Although it sucks it stop helps getting phone a little quicker that the old standard 2year contact. They just changed the edge to 60percent. Surprising that they are changing it again so soon.

Yeah at the point of 75 percent I'd rather just pay off the other 25 percent.. Rather than edge up and have to give them the phone.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah at the point of 75 percent I'd rather just pay off the other 25 percent.. Rather than edge up and have to give them the phone.
Exactly. I would rather keep the phone. After the 25 dollar credit. Verizon basically have me a mostly free device. Then sell it and do it again.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
That's what they are hoping. You pay 75 percent of the phone. Trade it in so they make even more money from it. Then you repeat.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
That's what they are hoping. You pay 75 percent of the phone. Trade it in so they make even more money from it. Then you repeat.

Yeah I'll just keep paying the installments until I decide on my next phone. Nothing against the Note 4, I just can't own a phone for more than a year, especially with so many nice new phones coming out every 6-12 months. Pay the installments then cash out and sell the Note 4 to recoup towards my next phone.

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, I am not sure how VZW's new EDGE pricing is even a sustainable strategy. I was already on the fence about edging up after 1 year versus buying the phone outright, reselling it, and then starting new EDGE (hey, it is free financing at the very least). I convinced myself it is worth it only because I don't want to be bothered with the extra step. With the new EDGE, I will simply buy the phone outright and re-sell. For example, to buy a Note 4 outright after a year, it costs $350. You can easily recoup a large majority of that by re-selling, and then starting a new EDGE contract. I cannot imagine anyone will EDGE up after 18 months either, when new phone releases happen on an ANNUAL basis.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad