10-22-2014 01:42 PM
79 1234
tools
    I bet the Nexus 6 is incredible. I'm currently using the nexus 5 and I will legitimately be sad switching it for the Note 4 (for about five minutes). However if people are ALREADY thinking about swapping their Note 4 for the N6, DO IT. Clearly you're not interested in the S pen at which point you shouldn't be in the market for a Note.
    I got the note 3 after my nexus 5 because of bad battery life and no WiFi calling. Got the note 4 well because it was a note 3 but better. I love the note 4 but I'm curious about the nexus 6. Probably just buy the nexus 6 off contract and have fun with it

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    10-15-2014 07:21 PM
    jayochs: You make some good points there. On the other hand the rumoured UK price is much lower than the N4...

Posted via Android Central App
    10-15-2014 07:22 PM
    In honestly note sure what you're talking about, care to elaborate? On the battery side, not the potential for multi window in stock Android.

Posted via the Android Central App
    This is a snippet from an Androidcentral article talking about features:
    Next is battery saver mode, long included in manufacturer-customized Android phones, but new to the stock OS. It's found in Settings > Battery, under the overflow menu at the top right corner of the screen. Battery saver can be turned on automatically when your battery reaches a certain level, or enabled manually at any time. As we've seen in customized phones from Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG and others, this mode reduces the backlight and clocks down the CPU speed to save power.

http://www.androidcentral.com/androi...wer-management

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 08:07 PM
    People chill out you see something new and already your willing to trade in your note 4 what's wrong with you folks the note 4 is a beast the nexus 6 will be nice but it just a bigger nex 5 which didn't really sell all that well s
    compared to the gs5 breath in people breath in

10-15-2014 08:36 PM
    i see no point in the N6...it's just a big *** phone, like the iphone 6+. there's no phablet features whatsoever. no stylus. no crazy multitasking like the Note. the Note is an actual phablet made for this kind of work; the nexus 6 is just a big phone for the sake of being big.
    I hardly ever used the stylus on my N2 or N3 and bought both of them purely for their size, which can also be said of the numerous people I know with both of those phones. Regarding multitasking, I did make use of that, however Lollipop has the API hooks for multi window baked in which means it will very likely be a native Android feature in the near future.

The Note series is awesome, but let's not hate on the Nexus 6 just for the sake of hating.

AnnDroid likes this.
    10-15-2014 08:39 PM
    This is a snippet from an Androidcentral article talking about features:
    Next is battery saver mode, long included in manufacturer-customized Android phones, but new to the stock OS. It's found in Settings > Battery, under the overflow menu at the top right corner of the screen. Battery saver can be turned on automatically when your battery reaches a certain level, or enabled manually at any time. As we've seen in customized phones from Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG and others, this mode reduces the backlight and clocks down the CPU speed to save power.

http://m.androidcentral.com/android-...nagement<br />

Ah, that isn't what I was talking about. Lollipop itself, without using extra battery saving features, is lighter and has better power management giving a natural increase to battery life upwards of 30%. Still, it's cool that power saving mode is beikg adopted as well.

10-15-2014 08:42 PM
    People chill out you see something new and already your willing to trade in your note 4 what's wrong with you folks the note 4 is a beast the nexus 6 will be nice but it just a bigger nex 5 which didn't really sell all that well s
    compared to the gs5 breath in people breath in

Google doesn't market the nexus line anywhere close to where Samsung or apple advertises

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 09:10 PM
    Ah, that isn't what I was talking about. Lollipop itself, without using extra battery saving features, is lighter and has better power management giving a natural increase to battery life upwards of 30%. Still, it's cool that power saving mode is beikg adopted as well.

Maybe you are referring to Project Volta...
    Project Volta is an umbrella name for several improvements in Android L, including optimizations of subsystems, better display of battery usage, a new job scheduler and of course a new Power Saver mode.
    Android L brings 'Project Volta' for improved battery life | Android Central
    10-15-2014 09:18 PM
    Maybe you are referring to Project Volta...
    Project Volta is an umbrella name for several improvements in Android L, including optimizations of subsystems, better display of battery usage, a new job scheduler and of course a new Power Saver mode.
    Android L brings 'Project Volta' for improved battery life | Android Central
    Indeed I am.

10-15-2014 10:08 PM
    Has anyone compared the physical size of the Note 4 compared to that of the N6? I wonder how the additional screen size effects the overall size of the N6 and whether it would be more cumbersome than the Note.

10-16-2014 10:27 AM
    If I didn't use the spen for taking notes when talking with students or in meetings, I'd get this. But, people react very differently when you take notes with the s pen v thumb typing. When thumb typing, it's hard for people to disassociate updating Facebook, emailing, texting, etc. With the s pen, they know (or are more likely to believe) you are taking notes.

Unless I change my setup to a tablet and phone again, I'll stick with notes. I'm better with a laptop and phone. Don't want to pay for a laptop, phone and tablet.
    10-16-2014 10:50 AM

Here is a quick comparison.

I think the stylus, superior camera, SD card support, removable battery, finger print scanning, and other listed features in the video made it an easy decision for me.
    10-16-2014 11:00 AM

Here is a quick comparison.

I think the stylus, superior camera, SD card support, removable battery, finger print scanning, and other listed features in the video made it an easy decision for me.
    I don't use the stylus enough that's it's a factor though I will miss it. I like vanilla android and love the fact they get updated quicker. Sd card I like as well so I'll just buy both

10-16-2014 11:43 AM
    It's down to the rear camera for me. Until there's actual comparisons, which is better on paper?

A 23% greater back MP or a 10% larger aperture? (assuming the N4 = f/2.2 and the N6 = f2.0)
    10-16-2014 12:06 PM
    It's down to the rear camera for me. Until there's actual comparisons, which is better on paper?

A 23% greater back MP or a 10% larger aperture? (assuming the N4 = f/2.2 and the N6 = f2.0)
    Me too, Motorola always make sub par camera's. Nexus line is also always lacking in camera quality. Samsung always have great camera's. If I read/see that the Nexus 6 favorably compares to the Note 4, then I'd take a serious look at the N6.
    10-16-2014 12:13 PM

The Nexus 6 has the same sensor as the Note 3, but with OIS and slightly bigger aperature. Quality of the Note 4 is better, regardless of the pixel count.

10-16-2014 12:45 PM
    I need the stylus so I'm sticking with the Note.
    10-16-2014 03:42 PM
    I decided to hold off from getting the note 4. After hearing about the nexus 6 I just might jump ship. But the only killer is that there is no SD card

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎
    10-16-2014 05:40 PM
    The Nexus 6 has the same sensor as the Note 3, but with OIS and slightly bigger aperature. Quality of the Note 4 is better, regardless of the pixel count.

13 mp cameras don't necessarily mean same sensor. My tab s 10.5 has a 8 mp camera yet it is crap to my mother's iPhone 5c.

10-16-2014 05:59 PM
    13 mp cameras don't necessarily mean same sensor. My tab s 10.5 has a 8 mp camera yet it is crap to my mother's iPhone 5c.

I realize that. I was looking at so many in the last couple of days, I mixed them up.
    The Moto X 2nd generation shares the same sensor at the Note 3 (Sony IMX135). The Nexus 6 is slightly better using a Sony IMX214 sensor.
    10-16-2014 06:52 PM
    I realize that. I was looking at so many in the last couple of days, I mixed them up.
    The Moto X 2nd generation shares the same sensor at the Note 3 (Sony IMX135). The Nexus 6 is slightly better using a Sony IMX214 sensor.
    Based off reviews of the note 3 and 2nd Gen moto x the note 3 is way better camera then the 2nd Gen moto x though

10-16-2014 06:54 PM
    Based off reviews of the note 3 and 2nd Gen moto x the note 3 is way better camera then the 2nd Gen moto x though

Yeah, I realize they would not be all identical. This is only the sensor. There are other variables to consider. You also have the image processor and the lens to take in account, not to mention the processor of the phone itself. However, will all other things being equal, it's one thing to measure against another.
    10-16-2014 07:25 PM
    I've only owned two nexus phones (4 & 5) and ended up being irritated by various short comings. On the Nexus 4 it was the garbage display and damage prone back. On the Nexus 5 it was the terrible battery life, ugly build and weak camera. I'm really tempted by the Nexus 6, but it kind of reminds me of my 6+. It's a phone with a large screen, but little else. I like that samsung does things with their bigger screen. Just my experiences though.
    Yogi217 likes this.
    10-16-2014 08:52 PM
    Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – phablet compar…:
    10-17-2014 06:22 PM
    If bb doesn't have my phone before the promo runs out, I may move to a nexus 6
    10-17-2014 09:25 PM
79 1234