Nexus 6 v Note 4

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6

I didn't order my Note 4 yet. Idk I may get this instead. I already ordered a case and a spare battery charger though. I'm not sure. Why am I such a phone *****, what's wrong with me!!!!!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

The battery in this is the same size as the Note 4's battery and Android L is supposed to improve battery life by upwards of 30% due to better overall power management.

Posted via the Android Central App

Basically, that's just something baked into stock Android now that Samsung has already implemented. Just like multi window. Samsung is already doing it, but it will become a part of stock Android eventually. Not sure if this is a part of L or not.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

Basically, that's just something baked into stock Android now that Samsung has already implemented. Just like multi window. Samsung is already doing it, but it will become a part of stock Android eventually. Not sure if this is a part of L or not.

In honestly note sure what you're talking about, care to elaborate? On the battery side, not the potential for multi window in stock Android.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I bet the Nexus 6 is incredible. I'm currently using the nexus 5 and I will legitimately be sad switching it for the Note 4 (for about five minutes). However if people are ALREADY thinking about swapping their Note 4 for the N6, DO IT. Clearly you're not interested in the S pen at which point you shouldn't be in the market for a Note.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

i see no point in the N6...it's just a big *** phone, like the iphone 6+. there's no phablet features whatsoever. no stylus. no crazy multitasking like the Note. the Note is an actual phablet made for this kind of work; the nexus 6 is just a big phone for the sake of being big.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I bet the Nexus 6 is incredible. I'm currently using the nexus 5 and I will legitimately be sad switching it for the Note 4 (for about five minutes). However if people are ALREADY thinking about swapping their Note 4 for the N6, DO IT. Clearly you're not interested in the S pen at which point you shouldn't be in the market for a Note.
I got the note 3 after my nexus 5 because of bad battery life and no WiFi calling. Got the note 4 well because it was a note 3 but better. I love the note 4 but I'm curious about the nexus 6. Probably just buy the nexus 6 off contract and have fun with it

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
jayochs: You make some good points there. On the other hand the rumoured UK price is much lower than the N4...

Posted via Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

In honestly note sure what you're talking about, care to elaborate? On the battery side, not the potential for multi window in stock Android.

This is a snippet from an Androidcentral article talking about features:
Next is battery saver mode, long included in manufacturer-customized Android phones, but new to the stock OS. It's found in Settings > Battery, under the overflow menu at the top right corner of the screen. Battery saver can be turned on automatically when your battery reaches a certain level, or enabled manually at any time. As we've seen in customized phones from Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG and others, this mode reduces the backlight and clocks down the CPU speed to save power.

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-l-preview-battery-and-power-management

Last edited:

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

People chill out you see something new and already your willing to trade in your note 4 what's wrong with you folks the note 4 is a beast the nexus 6 will be nice but it just a bigger nex 5 which didn't really sell all that well s
compared to the gs5 breath in people breath in

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

i see no point in the N6...it's just a big *** phone, like the iphone 6+. there's no phablet features whatsoever. no stylus. no crazy multitasking like the Note. the Note is an actual phablet made for this kind of work; the nexus 6 is just a big phone for the sake of being big.

I hardly ever used the stylus on my N2 or N3 and bought both of them purely for their size, which can also be said of the numerous people I know with both of those phones. Regarding multitasking, I did make use of that, however Lollipop has the API hooks for multi window baked in which means it will very likely be a native Android feature in the near future.

The Note series is awesome, but let's not hate on the Nexus 6 just for the sake of hating.

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

This is a snippet from an Androidcentral article talking about features:
Next is battery saver mode, long included in manufacturer-customized Android phones, but new to the stock OS. It's found in Settings > Battery, under the overflow menu at the top right corner of the screen. Battery saver can be turned on automatically when your battery reaches a certain level, or enabled manually at any time. As we've seen in customized phones from Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG and others, this mode reduces the backlight and clocks down the CPU speed to save power.

http://m.androidcentral.com/android-l-preview-battery-and-power-management

Ah, that isn't what I was talking about. Lollipop itself, without using extra battery saving features, is lighter and has better power management giving a natural increase to battery life upwards of 30%. Still, it's cool that power saving mode is beikg adopted as well.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

People chill out you see something new and already your willing to trade in your note 4 what's wrong with you folks the note 4 is a beast the nexus 6 will be nice but it just a bigger nex 5 which didn't really sell all that well s
compared to the gs5 breath in people breath in

Google doesn't market the nexus line anywhere close to where Samsung or apple advertises

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Ah, that isn't what I was talking about. Lollipop itself, without using extra battery saving features, is lighter and has better power management giving a natural increase to battery life upwards of 30%. Still, it's cool that power saving mode is beikg adopted as well.

Maybe you are referring to Project Volta...
Project Volta is an umbrella name for several improvements in Android L, including optimizations of subsystems, better display of battery usage, a new job scheduler and of course a new Power Saver mode.
Android L brings 'Project Volta' for improved battery life | Android Central

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone compared the physical size of the Note 4 compared to that of the N6? I wonder how the additional screen size effects the overall size of the N6 and whether it would be more cumbersome than the Note.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

If I didn't use the spen for taking notes when talking with students or in meetings, I'd get this. But, people react very differently when you take notes with the s pen v thumb typing. When thumb typing, it's hard for people to disassociate updating Facebook, emailing, texting, etc. With the s pen, they know (or are more likely to believe) you are taking notes.

Unless I change my setup to a tablet and phone again, I'll stick with notes. I'm better with a laptop and phone. Don't want to pay for a laptop, phone and tablet.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA_-jBCKQOs

Here is a quick comparison.

I think the stylus, superior camera, SD card support, removable battery, finger print scanning, and other listed features in the video made it an easy decision for me.
I don't use the stylus enough that's it's a factor though I will miss it. I like vanilla android and love the fact they get updated quicker. Sd card I like as well so I'll just buy both :p

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

It's down to the rear camera for me. Until there's actual comparisons, which is better on paper?

A 23% greater back MP or a 10% larger aperture? (assuming the N4 = f/2.2 and the N6 = f2.0)

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

It's down to the rear camera for me. Until there's actual comparisons, which is better on paper?

A 23% greater back MP or a 10% larger aperture? (assuming the N4 = f/2.2 and the N6 = f2.0)

Me too, Motorola always make sub par camera's. Nexus line is also always lacking in camera quality. Samsung always have great camera's. If I read/see that the Nexus 6 favorably compares to the Note 4, then I'd take a serious look at the N6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek