Nexus 6 v Note 4

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6

It's down to the rear camera for me. Until there's actual comparisons, which is better on paper?

A 23% greater back MP or a 10% larger aperture? (assuming the N4 = f/2.2 and the N6 = f2.0)

The Nexus 6 has the same sensor as the Note 3, but with OIS and slightly bigger aperature. Quality of the Note 4 is better, regardless of the pixel count.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I decided to hold off from getting the note 4. After hearing about the nexus 6 I just might jump ship. But the only killer is that there is no SD card

Posted via Verizon Galaxy S5😎

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

The Nexus 6 has the same sensor as the Note 3, but with OIS and slightly bigger aperature. Quality of the Note 4 is better, regardless of the pixel count.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
13 mp cameras don't necessarily mean same sensor. My tab s 10.5 has a 8 mp camera yet it is crap to my mother's iPhone 5c.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

13 mp cameras don't necessarily mean same sensor. My tab s 10.5 has a 8 mp camera yet it is crap to my mother's iPhone 5c.

I realize that. I was looking at so many in the last couple of days, I mixed them up.
The Moto X 2nd generation shares the same sensor at the Note 3 (Sony IMX135). The Nexus 6 is slightly better using a Sony IMX214 sensor.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I realize that. I was looking at so many in the last couple of days, I mixed them up.
The Moto X 2nd generation shares the same sensor at the Note 3 (Sony IMX135). The Nexus 6 is slightly better using a Sony IMX214 sensor.
Based off reviews of the note 3 and 2nd Gen moto x the note 3 is way better camera then the 2nd Gen moto x though

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Based off reviews of the note 3 and 2nd Gen moto x the note 3 is way better camera then the 2nd Gen moto x though

Yeah, I realize they would not be all identical. This is only the sensor. There are other variables to consider. You also have the image processor and the lens to take in account, not to mention the processor of the phone itself. However, will all other things being equal, it's one thing to measure against another.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I've only owned two nexus phones (4 & 5) and ended up being irritated by various short comings. On the Nexus 4 it was the garbage display and damage prone back. On the Nexus 5 it was the terrible battery life, ugly build and weak camera. I'm really tempted by the Nexus 6, but it kind of reminds me of my 6+. It's a phone with a large screen, but little else. I like that samsung does things with their bigger screen. Just my experiences though.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – phablet compar…: http://youtu.be/5Fn8OnzDO5Y
Good video. Now seeing the video the nexus is not bad at all. I think the battery life would be better on the nexus device because it's pure Android. Touchwiz has alot of stuff running in the background. I just might invest in one. First time I'm excited about a nexus device.

Verizon Galaxy S5 😎

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

That Nexus is a bit wide. May be uncomfortable to hold.
86d131f61411e62391ae5160cf0f3da7.jpg

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Frankly I am glad they released Nexus 6 the way it is with the bigger display and all. It means for Android L and future Android editions (and future apps too) there will be nice features and UI/design changes geared towards bigger displays. And the Note 4 stands to receive benefit from all of these upcoming changes. Also with the increasing popularity of the Note line (and larger display phones by proxy), it means better support and new apps for writing/drawing features. I feel the new phones with larger displays will be a gateway eventually leading to the Note line for many that will allow people to experience the utility of using a device with a larger display.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
My challenge with it is the OEM, and what they'll do to the Amoles panel. My guess is it'll end up just like the Moto X and X2...another Samsung factory panel with cranked contrast and blown out colors with no way to adjust it (a LA Samsung's chooser)...no bueno...

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I won't be swapping my Note 4 for anything. I have made that mistake numerous times in the past with my Note 1,2, and 3. I have finally learned my lesson. The Note is the best option for me.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Supposedly 6" screen, except the large chunk was eaten by the captive buttons on the bottom. lol
The battery in this is the same size as the Note 4's battery and Android L is supposed to improve battery life by upwards of 30% due to better overall power management. Tmo also confirmed an OTA update allowing WiFi calling in early 2015.

Posted via the Android Central App

i will believe it when I see it.

Remember people claiming KK was a battery star? and guess what, its atrocious.

Google is squeezing so many things into the OS that uses internet in the background, its getting worse with every new version.

I will not buy a 100% google device and give google unfiltered access to my life.

Good video. Now seeing the video the nexus is not bad at all. I think the battery life would be better on the nexus device because it's pure Android. Touchwiz has alot of stuff running in the background. I just might invest in one. First time I'm excited about a nexus device.

Verizon Galaxy S5 😎
don't "think" here, wait for reviews and screenshot of battery life.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Supposedly 6" screen, except the large chunk was eaten by the captive buttons on the bottom. lol

That is true, I didn't even think of that. So the usable screen is probably the same as the Note 4 but in a larger casing.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

The capacitive buttons only show up some of the time so they are not always using up screen space. I currently have a Note 4 pre ordered at Best Buy and like the idea of the S-Pen, but I like stock android so I'm torn. I also love my Moto X, the call quality and reception are amazing, better than my Note 3 was. I wish I could add the S-Pen and multi window function to the N6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox