What is best buys problem they have our notes but wont sell them

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
They're contractually not allowed to ship those early. Don't know why they put those locks into effect, but companies do. Why did T-Mo get special grants to ship early? Only Sammy and Legere know (OK, a bunch of other people probably know, too).

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Dude... there was a set date... so they're sticking to it.... so they already have it in stock and won't sell to you early.... cry me a river

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Dude... there was a set date... so they're sticking to it.... so they already have it in stock and won't sell to you early.... cry me a river

B-I-N-G-O

It's that way for everything with a street date, video games, movies, music etc... Stores can get fined for selling items early.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It's only a few days (a little over a week for us VZW folks). Patience is a virtue and you are not going to lose anything by not having it now, nor will you gain anything real by getting it a couple of days early. Life will go on.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have heard it from atleast ten employees at the best buy store i preordered at that they have been in the back since monday

The stores usually hold till the release date. They just get them early so they can setup for release day.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, this is a total guess, but I would bet that Best Buy would not even be able to activate them until official release day. Could be wrong, though it would be a good way for the carriers to keep them from selling early.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, this is a total guess, but I would bet that Best Buy would not even be able to activate them until official release day. Could be wrong, though it would be a good way for the carriers to keep them from selling early.

They can be activated before... I have my Note 4 from T-Mobile with no issue... It's more the store was told by the manufacturer to sell them on the 17th...so they'll wait till then.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but you got yours from the carrier, not from Best Buy, didn't you?. The carriers can activate them anytime they want, but since Best Buy is selling on behalf of the carriers, it could be different. No matter though. Just thinking out loud.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but you got yours from the carrier, not from Best Buy, didn't you?. The carriers can activate them anytime they want, but since Best Buy is selling on behalf of the carriers, it could be different. No matter though. Just thinking out loud.

Doubtful. Most don't even need an activation.. More just a SIM swap and it'll work. I guarantee they're just sticking to the date they were told.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
You would think Samsung would want to get these phones in the hands of as many customers as they could as quickly as they could as it would only lead to more sales especially from those considering the iPhone.

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If I pre order any device I would think they would ship it so it can get in your hands on release date not that they'll ship it on release date

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You would think Samsung would want to get these phones in the hands of as many customers as they could as quickly as they could as it would only lead to more sales especially from those considering the iPhone.
It depends on their timings. Push the release of a device to have those sales reflect on next quarter or pull it to have them reflect on this quarter can make a very huge impact on their financial reports and therefore, their stock price.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
On your mark... Get set... GO!

It would be an unfair competition between its dealers if Samsung approved of one dealer racing to sell before the others. If you want to be a Samsung dealer, you better play by the rules. Stay on the mark until the gun fires.

Posted via Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well the other thing to remember is that Samsung has other retailers. Those other retailers may or may not have received their shipments yet. It is highly unlikely that they all have. If Best Buy were to release its inventory earlier than the street date, the other retailers would go absolutely wild and rightfully so. That would become a competitive advantage for Best Buy that Samsung did not intend and that the other retailers would not tolerate. That is likely the reason that Best Buy is toeing the line. Once those kinds of policies and standards go out the window nobody any longer has any control over anything. It has been hard enough for companies to live with one foot in the Internet and one foot in Brick and Mortar. They don't need Brick and Mortar becoming the wild west.

Denelor

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I have heard it from atleast ten employees at the best buy store i preordered at that they have been in the back since monday

Any retailer opens themselves up to legal problems if they violate contractually set dates. Verizon has a reason to pick 10/23. Whatever that reason is, they'd likely rip Best Buy a new one if BB violates their contract.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
You are right...there is that whole relationship between the carriers, the hardware manufacturer and the retail outlets which bear the same competitive implications if Best Buy released their phones early, not to mention the carrier being blindsided by a bunch of tech support/customer service calls he was not expecting yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton