Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

complete piece of crap here I was all excited for nothing now we might not even get it today on launch day!!!

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Here's the biz....came up here like I said didn't have to be contract but I went that route. Only paid $20 out of pocket!!! Got the additional $50 got the $200 for a droid x2 (only paid $35 for it) plus my $5 BB certificate....I love this!! Still setting it up pic in 3...2...1! The beast! The Note 4!

Was your $50 gift card the one you got when you preordered? The one for signing up back in Feb for the special offer? Or the get $50 additional trade in?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Here's the biz....came up here like I said didn't have to be contract but I went that route. Only paid $20 out of pocket!!! Got the additional $50 got the $200 for a droid x2 (only paid $35 for it) plus my $5 BB certificate....I love this!! Still setting it up pic in 3...2...1! The beast! The Note 4!
Awesome! Thank you

skeetre

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

I called my best buy in Spokane valley and was essentially told "don't call us we'll call you". I still had them look it up and was told 3 at&t preorders came in and I was #5. They will call as soon as it comes in.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Was your $50 gift card the one you got when you preordered? The one for signing up back in Feb for the special offer? Or the get $50 additional trade in?
282a9bf1a45b701f507c95075ea95b11.jpg

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Is the best buy 200 deal only while supplies last or are we all good so long as we got in before the 17th?

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Best Buy in Fort Myers, FL was great. Joel was awesome, new the promo well, went through the process without a hick-up. He accepted my Optimus S, which has no trade in value, for the $200 trade in. He gave me the $200 gift card on the spot and I used it to pay for my Note 4, along with the $50 deposit card. Only charged tax on the $299.99. He said the entire initial shipment was sold out to pre-orders. A friend had the same experience at the store. Kudos to the Ft. Myers Best Buy for handling this promo the right way. :cool:

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Best Buy in Fort Myers, FL was great. Joel was awesome, new the promo well, went through the process without a hick-up. He accepted my Optimus S, which has no trade in value, for the $200 trade in. He gave me the $200 gift card on the spot and I used it to pay for my Note 4, along with the $50 deposit card. Only charged tax on the $299.99. He said the entire initial shipment was sold out to pre-orders. A friend had the same experience at the store. Kudos to the Ft. Myers Best Buy for handling this promo the right way. :cool:

Did you ask about the $50 additional trade in offer? I am sure it doesn't apply w/ the Note 4 $200 offer, but wondered if you asked them about it.

davekr

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

My experience with Best Buy was surprisingly smooth after what I went through with the pre-order/initial trade-in experience. I got my email yesterday and went in today to get the phone. I brought my Lumia 520 with me to trade in. I told the salesman that I was buying the phone outright and he said that was not a problem. However, they ran into an issue with the 200 dollar trade-in because I wasn't activating the phone through an upgrade. The manager ended up coming over and telling the guy to just adjust the price of the phone for the difference of my actual trade in value (7.00 for the 520) and the 200, so they just lowered the sale price of the phone by 193.00.

I was expecting to have to fight to get them to let me use the 200.00 trade-in because of the trouble I had with them originally saying it had to have a 10.00 value. Also, from hearing other people on this forum, I thought they might not let me buy it outright. I was pleasantly surprised with both things.

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Is the best buy 200 deal only while supplies last or are we all good so long as we got in before the 17th?

Actually, I just got an e-mail from Best Buy a little bit ago (not the one I wanted to see with notification that my Verizon Note 4 was in) that answered this question. The $200 deal is going until 11/1 according to that e-mail and is now being offered on both the N4 and the Galaxy S5. Here's a screenshot of the Best Buy webpage showing it:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-17-13-04-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-17-13-04-52.png
    443 KB · Views: 92

dmaul3300

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site

I haven't received an email yet. I preordered my phone on the first day. I stopped by Best buy today and they didn't have my phone. The person said I must have ordered towards the end. I said I was there an hour after they opened the first day you could pre-order the phone and showed him my receipt. My Best buy store only got in 8 phones and there is no way 8 people signed up before me. When I pre-ordered my phone, I didn't see anyone else in the mobile section.

I was told that my phone must have gone to a different store. I spent an hour on the phone calling the other 3 Best buy's close to me and none of them had it. I talked to the manager and was told if one of the people who pre-ordered it don't pick it up by Sunday, they will call me and I can take their phone, otherwise he said, I would get my phone when the next shipment arrives. He didn't know when the shipment was coming in. He said it could come in later this weekend or maybe by next weekend.

This sucks. On a positive note, they told me they would give me a screen protector for the inconvenience, but I would rather have my new phone. I called all the other Best Buy's and all the Sprint Note 4's were claimed. To save $200 trading in my old phone is worth the wait, but I am disappointed not to have my phone today.

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

Very upset with BB and Samsung at the moment. Not only did they not get enough phones in. Even the cases Aren't here. I'm told this store got 2

Posted via Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

The fine print reads not applicable w/ other trade in offers. The $200 trade in offer for Note 4 would be considered another trade in offer in my mind.

I was able to get it. In addition to the pre order one. Total was like $325 with tax. With $200 gift card and two $50 cards my total was $19.62

QuantamPulse

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

So I finally gave up on my Best Buy pre-order and just went and picked one up at the sprint store. I wasn't trading in a phone anyway so it probably didn't matter, but BestBuy would have been so much more convenient.

On the plus side, seem to have received a great unit from the Sprint Store. No gap, no loose buttons, no dead pixels. Loving the phone so far ! guess I will use the pre-order gift card from BestBuy for some accessories.

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

So now the Samsung rep is saying BB put their orders in late so there will be a lot of unhappy people today. She said Samsung has the product....but BB was late ordering. They got enough just for the first few orders. Very unhappy right now.

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site

My experience with Best Buy was surprisingly smooth after what I went through with the pre-order/initial trade-in experience. I got my email yesterday and went in today to get the phone. I brought my Lumia 520 with me to trade in. I told the salesman that I was buying the phone outright and he said that was not a problem. However, they ran into an issue with the 200 dollar trade-in because I wasn't activating the phone through an upgrade. The manager ended up coming over and telling the guy to just adjust the price of the phone for the difference of my actual trade in value (7.00 for the 520) and the 200, so they just lowered the sale price of the phone by 193.00.

I was expecting to have to fight to get them to let me use the 200.00 trade-in because of the trouble I had with them originally saying it had to have a 10.00 value. Also, from hearing other people on this forum, I thought they might not let me buy it outright. I was pleasantly surprised with both things.

If you don't mind, can you answer some questions for me? What was the purchase price before the $200 off? What was the price out the door? And do you know if can make a purchase in-store using PayPal (I know you can for online purchases)? Thanks.

TankMech

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

I ordered the spigen tough armor case on amazon for only 10$! Afew weeks ago, and thenspigen crystal screen protectors. The screen protectors I received came with an iPhone 6+ protector as one of the 3 in the pack. Amazon refunded me the purchase so I got 2 screen protectors for free!! Been looking at them for a week but I'll have it ready for when I get my note 4, hopefully today... Still no email, 0900 in Hawaii..preordered on the 3rd..fingers crossed..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox