11-10-2014 10:21 PM
459 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Anyone who pre-ordered in October get theirs?

I ask because I called the bb mobile 1-800 number (not my store). They were very friendly and said that they were distributing phones based on first come first serve and she thinks they probably only did September orders yesterday. She said they are just waiting on Samsung to ship the phones. And she also said the promotion is based on when you pre-ordered your phone, so there is no risk of losing the promo if Samsung doesn't get their shipments moving faster.

Just wanted to update all my fellow peoples-in-waiting

Here is an update that I posted in another thread.

Someone said they pre-ordered their on 10/7 and already received the phone. Anyone order after 10/7 received their phone?
    Ordered on 10-11 and got mine yesterday.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-18-2014 01:39 PM
    I walked in yesterday with no perorder and got it no contract. Simple as pie, didn't even have to check out at mobile lol. In and out in literally 5 minutes. Thanks to my best buy reward zone platinum I have 45 days to try this note 4 with no restocking fees.
    10-18-2014 01:39 PM
    I walked in yesterday with no perorder and got it no contract. Simple as pie, didn't even have to check out at mobile lol. In and out in literally 5 minutes. Thanks to my best buy reward zone platinum I have 45 days to try this note 4 with no restocking fees.
    Either you live in a very low population city or just got super lucky. But congrats either way!
    10-18-2014 05:11 PM
    Seriously. I couldn't find a bb 100+ miles of North of NYC that has/had one.
    10-18-2014 05:41 PM
    Ok. So only good thing about getting from best buy

Had total of $275 in gift card from BB ($50 for pre-ordering and $225 for note 3 trade in)

We went to BB today and picked up an xbox one for kiddos. We're turning their playroom into entertainment center. . Now just need to save for that huge Samsung curved TV lol!

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk
    10-18-2014 06:24 PM
    Ok. So only good thing about getting from best buy

Had total of $275 in gift card from BB ($50 for pre-ordering and $225 for note 3 trade in)

We went to BB today and picked up an xbox one for kiddos. We're turning their playroom into entertainment center. . Now just need to save for that huge Samsung curved TV lol!

I want that TV too!!
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-18-2014 06:34 PM
    I want that TV too!!
    The one I saw was "only" $6k lol.

10-18-2014 06:39 PM
    Awesome. I was the first to get it activated,.... $99.00?!? Best money spent yet!

Go Android or Just Go,...
    10-18-2014 07:12 PM
    The one I saw was "only" $6k lol.

How much?!?! They can keep it lol

From my smokin' hot N4
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-18-2014 07:27 PM
    Overall my pick-up at BB went well. Got the $200 gift card after trading in a old Palm Treo worth $0.00 on their trade-in tool. As long as the phone's there you get the gc. Didn't get the extra $50, guy said the system wouldn't let him (or he didn't know how to do it). Still happy to walk out paying $120 on contract. Great phone!!

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy Note 4
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-18-2014 07:50 PM
    Picked up mine yesterday for AT&T (White) using my NEXT upgrade. I didn't pre-order and I waited until the end of the work day to call around to check on stock. Most stores were out except for a BB Mobile store at a nearby mall. They had one left and i rushed down there to snag it. The process was smooth and got a $50 gift card for just upgrading (I guess a current promotion for Elite Plus rewards members). Love the phone so far!
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-18-2014 08:08 PM
    Picked up mine yesterday for AT&T (White) using my NEXT upgrade. I didn't pre-order and I waited until the end of the work day to call around to check on stock. Most stores were out except for a BB Mobile store at a nearby mall. They had one left and i rushed down there to snag it. The process was smooth and got a $50 gift card for just upgrading (I guess a current promotion for Elite Plus rewards members). Love the phone so far!
    Yeah, could be for elite member. I got it without ask for it. The rep applied the $50 credit after I gave her my member number.
    10-18-2014 08:13 PM
    I went back to my Best Buy today... still don't have my phone, didn't expect it either since they didn't call/email. But the guy last night said to come back today either way. So he was there again today and another rep said they couldn't do anything about the $50 extra but I told him that guy sitting right there told me to come back today to do something for me. So finally after round and round with this new guy, he got the manager to give me until the 25th to get the extra $50 on top of the $200 when my Note 4 comes in... IF it comes in before the 25th. I'm hoping it does... and I'm thinking they're probably just going to extend the $50 deal in tomorrow's weekly ad or something anyway.

Also, samsung rep at the store told me the Zagg and other 3rd party brand tempered glass protectors don't fit right and have the 'halo' effect because Samsung sent the wrong specs to them. Anyone got a Zagg or Luvvitt brand glass screen protector to fit right?
    10-18-2014 08:28 PM
    Our best buy got in one. They chose not to fill any preorder with it for 'fairness' and because it would leave them out of stock. They put it up for sale instead, but because I mentioned I had preordered, they wouldn't sell it to me. They said to go home and they'd call if they got more in.
    10-18-2014 10:01 PM
    That in itself is a crime
    10-18-2014 10:28 PM
    Our best buy got in one. They chose not to fill any preorder with it for 'fairness' and because it would leave them out of stock. They put it up for sale instead, but because I mentioned I had preordered, they wouldn't sell it to me. They said to go home and they'd call if they got more in.
    Assholes

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-18-2014 10:28 PM
    I would double check a few things if I were you... first, it's not reward zone platinum anymore, hasn't been for months now... it's called elite plus. Second, I'm pretty sure that the 45 return exchange policy explicitly states that mobile phones are excluded. Just don't want you to get screwed cuz you assumed a thing or two...
    10-18-2014 10:36 PM
    I went back to my Best Buy today... still don't have my phone, didn't expect it either since they didn't call/email. But the guy last night said to come back today either way. So he was there again today and another rep said they couldn't do anything about the $50 extra but I told him that guy sitting right there told me to come back today to do something for me. So finally after round and round with this new guy, he got the manager to give me until the 25th to get the extra $50 on top of the $200 when my Note 4 comes in... IF it comes in before the 25th. I'm hoping it does... and I'm thinking they're probably just going to extend the $50 deal in tomorrow's weekly ad or something anyway.

Also, samsung rep at the store told me the Zagg and other 3rd party brand tempered glass protectors don't fit right and have the 'halo' effect because Samsung sent the wrong specs to them. Anyone got a Zagg or Luvvitt brand glass screen protector to fit right?
    I got the Zagg mirror screen glass protector from best buy yesterday . all they had. It fits but you can tell it is like 98% of the entire screen. So if you trace around the outside of the screen there is a small gap left exposed.

I'll try to take a pic to show you. I mean it's better than no protection But yeah this is pretty sad. Why I'm gonna try the S cover. It'll protect the screen until the Companies figure it out

skeetre likes this.
    10-18-2014 10:41 PM
    That's a bunch of crap in my opinion

10-18-2014 10:42 PM
    I would double check a few things if I were you... first, it's not reward zone platinum anymore, hasn't been for months now... it's called elite plus. Second, I'm pretty sure that the 45 return exchange policy explicitly states that mobile phones are excluded. Just don't want you to get screwed cuz you assumed a thing or two...
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?-2014-10-19-00-06-44.jpg  
    10-18-2014 11:11 PM

I put a Zagg Glass protector on today. Is the "halo" effect that you are talking about where the edges seem to have a slight distortion?
    10-18-2014 11:21 PM
    More that the edges leave a small gap exposed like mchi5 said. I've seen a couple posts, one on amazon and one on xda forums that show the LUVVITT screen protector with the gap. I'm glad I went with the $10 LUVVITT and not a $40 Zagg for now. I've never used the tempered glass ones until my wife got one on her s5 and it was awesome.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-19-2014 11:52 AM
    BTW, I noticed that today's Best Buy ad doesn't have the extra $50 trade in for rewards members. I'm hoping my phone comes in this week and they honor it for me. I have a business card that says to give me the extra $50 until 25 October.
    10-19-2014 11:54 AM
    Pre-ordered and got my email to some in Friday or Saturday. I expected a crowd but I was at the store by 4:30 pm CST. Walked right up and the AT&T rep recognized me from the pre-order a week before. She said that BBY had some issues on their end with the upgrade so she stood by while the salesperson processed my order. There was a glitch caused by the pre-order so it was removed and processed as a same day sale. Everything worked out. Traded my two Notes (original Note phone) for two new Note 4s. I got $400 in gift cards plus the two $50 cards when I pre-ordered. Not bad for just walking up to the counter with no line.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-19-2014 01:07 PM
    Didn't feel like arguing about the return period for Elite Plus. I have that as well and verified on Friday that the return period is 14 days.
    robstunner likes this.
    10-19-2014 02:18 PM
459 ... 1213141516 ...