11-10-2014 11:21 PM
459 ... 16171819
tools
    Was anyone else overcharged when they signed up for Verizon edge today? I happened to notice the paperwork and saw that they were charging me for $750 retail price with 24 monthly payments of $31.27. However, according to Verizon and Best Buy's website the edge plan should be based upon a retail price of $699.99 with 24 monthly payments of $29.17.

The BB mobile rep called Verizon and they said we were not the first ones to call about the discrepancy in price. Did anyone else have this problem and were you able to get it resolved? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-23-2014 04:42 PM
    I had to do that also, but the receipt is kind of confusing. I will find out today !!!

That is just the $50 you pd to do the pre order. They should have given you a $50 gift card after charging you when you preordered.
    10-23-2014 05:03 PM
    Was anyone else overcharged when they signed up for Verizon edge today? I happened to notice the paperwork and saw that they were charging me for $750 retail price with 24 monthly payments of $31.27. However, according to Verizon and Best Buy's website the edge plan should be based upon a retail price of $699.99 with 24 monthly payments of $29.17.

The BB mobile rep called Verizon and they said we were not the first ones to call about the discrepancy in price. Did anyone else have this problem and were you able to get it resolved? Thanks!

Not on mine, i got the right price. Everything went really smooth. Took about a 1/2 hour once it was my turn. I walked out of there w/ $300 in BB gift cards in my pocket. ($200 trade in, $50 for signing up in Feb to buy a phone this year, and $50 preorder gift card). $58 tax will be on my first bill unfortunately, wanted to burn a gift card on that.
    24 payments of $4.16 and they paid me to get this phone
    10-23-2014 05:07 PM
    Not on mine, i got the right price. Everything went really smooth. Took about a 1/2 hour once it was my turn. I walked out of there w/ $300 in BB gift cards in my pocket. ($200 trade in, $50 for signing up in Feb to buy a phone this year, and $50 preorder gift card). $58 tax will be on my first bill unfortunately, wanted to burn a gift card on that.
    24 payments of $4.16 and they paid me to get this phone
    24 payments of $4.16. How did you get that? I doesn't sound right!?

10-23-2014 05:13 PM
    I'm at BB waiting. I got them to transfer one from bb mobile in the mall to the regular store to fill preorder and get the extra $50 they extended for me till Saturday. Had a 6:30 appointment and its now 7. But... I should get my phone finally.
    10-23-2014 10:00 PM
    My experience was good. I got there at10am. Was the second in line. It took about 45 mind and I walked out with my baby in tow.
    10-23-2014 10:17 PM
    Mine was suprisingly not bad given how bad my preordering went. I went over lunch at 12:30, was 2 people ahead of me. I was in and out in about 45 minutes as well. Lady was very quiet but knew what she was doing. Unfortunatly I was losing my unlimited data, and I knew this going in to it, but I knew about the unlimited data grandfathered 6gb Max Data plan for $30, so I figured I would upgrade to the Note 4 if I could get that. She knew all about it and got me on it no problem so that was good. I have had unlimited for 3 years and never gone over 4gb at most, usually about 3gb, so I'm not worried. And I'm not spending $750 on a phone, can't afford that. I was a little worried about the tradein. I had a Droid Bionic that had a little chip in the plastic missing right next to the usb port, but perfect shape other than that. She didn't even mention it or even see it I don't think. But all in all it went well and I got my $100 Note 4! Woot.
    tiarosi likes this.
    10-23-2014 11:54 PM
    24 payments of $4.16. How did you get that? I doesn't sound right!?

I am on a 10gb plan, so they take $25/mo. off my plan. At $29.16/mo it ends up $4.16/mo

10-24-2014 12:13 AM
    Well, I finally got it! Took just over 2 hours, but I got my free headphones, extra $50 (made me buy merchandise, then took $50 off, but ok), and still have $170 something left on the gift card after trading in my old HTC Aspire that was worth $20.Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?-img_3236.jpgNote 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?-img_3234.jpgNote 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?-img_3233.jpg

What was weird though, the headphones came from a $59.99 slot on the shelf, rang up that price, then they marked them down to free... BUT on BestBuy's website, the same headphones are only $10. At first I was like wow, I got $60 head phones free! Then I googled 'em, and saw they're $9 at Walmart, $10 at Bestbuy. But either way, free head phones.
    Yogi217 likes this.
    10-24-2014 12:16 AM
    Good experience getting my N4 at Best Buy.
    10-24-2014 12:48 AM
    Ok experience @ best buy. Had a rookie phone guy so it took over an hour. Problems with $5.00 reward certificate. Lulz.... Data plan got jacked up so we had to call verizon to straighten out. But it's all good cause I got my note 4!

10-24-2014 02:16 AM
    Hubby and I are both with Verizon, on the same account. When we pre-ordered several weeks ago, they wouldn't allow us to pre-order 2 black GN4s, and said that was a Samsung/Verizon issue and nothing Best Buy could do about it. We begged, pleaded, etc. but to no avail, their system simply wouldn't accept a second black pre-order on the same account. DH said he'd be cool with trying the white one out, and if he wasn't happy, he'd exchange it. Ok, cool, we leave with one black and one white GN4 pre-ordered.

We asked if, by any chance, there were any unclaimed black ones, since the white ones haven't come in yet. BB guy took my husband's name and phone number and said he'd be working through to next week, so if any black ones became available before the white we pre-ordered came in, he'd give us a ring.
    Update - our Best Buy guy came through! Called me about 10 minutes ago and said he has an extra black N4 in stock, and has saved it for us. Headed down in about an hour to nab that phone for the hubby, and cancel his missing white pre-order.

Glad we'll both have the phone now, since he kept stealing mine last night to fiddle with it.
    10-24-2014 10:33 AM
    What is this 6gb plan for $30? VZW?
    10-24-2014 10:59 AM
    What is this 6gb plan for $30? VZW?
    For Verizon. It's only for Unlimited Data users though that are dropping their data. It's an "incentive" I guess. Works on any plan too. Works for me on Nationwide calling plan, and I have heard of it working on other plans too, so the Edge plan isn't required. Just ask the rep for the 6GB Max Data plan for $30 if you are wanting it, and if they don't know about it, have them call Verizon, because they apparently know about it quite well. There is also an 8GB with hotspot plan for $50 a month as well.
    10-24-2014 11:48 AM
    Does the af&t note 5 come in the samsung box or AT&T box??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-24-2014 01:41 PM
    So the best buy mobile store I just went to to get my at&t note 4 the assistant manager who upgraded me somehow took away my unlimited data and didn't put any data plan on the line in the end after she assured me nothing changed even after I told her I don't see any data on the line anymore. On the phone with at&t now. First and last time I upgrade at bb.....
    10-24-2014 02:50 PM
    Well...preordered Oct. 11 and have not received any notification at all about status.
    There are about 4 best buys within 20 miles of my home and this morning (24th) just happened to check online stock and sure enough one store had one available. Figured, hey, why not give it a shot.

To keep it short, they had a black one (same as what I preordered) and started unwrapping the box, transferring my phone number, and activating the new phone. Took quite a while since they were having systems issues (basically slow).
    Finally got around to doing the BB trade-in and they determined my keyboard slide out Samsung phone (Amazon new for $7 ) wasn't a smartphone. Said it had to have Play store on it??? So I pulled out the $5 Chinese tracphone I got at a flea market that was about 1 year old and had Android 4.?? on it. They couldn't find it in the system and said it wouldn't qualify and I reminded them nicely the Ad says "ANY" working smartphone*. They were frustrated and super busy so the team leader told the guy to just give me the $200.00 discount. I then asked about the $50.00 BB Elite credit and they pulled out a flyer that said it ended last week? I didn't have details so couldn't argue.

So, I got my N4, in the color I wanted, with $200 coupon...and still haven't gotten my preorder. Can't wait to see when that arrives.

Don't you think BB should've checked the validity of the tradein before opening the new N4? If they would not have honored their Ad I would've left without the phone and obviously required them to reactivate my current G3.

Just my experience.

*Oh, a nice lady standing next to me was buying a iPhone 6 and she heard me say "the Ad say ANY (working off course) smartphone" not those in their system....She couldn't help herself, i guess, and loudly said "I guess BestBuy means ANY smartphone THEY approve!". I laughed and think she helped my cause.
    10-24-2014 05:09 PM
    I was able to get the extra $50 off even though it expired last week. They had a flyer at the register and the bbm rep scanned it and deducted an additional $50.
    10-24-2014 05:19 PM
    Horrible experience at bb.. never again
    NOT written from the mighty s-pen of the galaxy note 4
    10-24-2014 06:36 PM
    I picked up mine today from a best buy in SoCal. It was ok - just super slow ... took almost an hour.
    10-24-2014 06:48 PM
    Pre ordered mine on 10/15. Called today and the guy at my BB said I'd have to wait another week or two. Great.
    10-25-2014 01:08 AM
    Went in to a local Best Buy (Southern California) and was told I could not just get one. They made me pre order even tho it's been out a week now? So we'll see when I get it. I have the $50 GC so and finally found a smartphone that shows up on their approved list. A who knows how old Samsung Galaxy S 4g. Rep told me it had to be worth more than $10 on the trade in site: https://tradein.bestbuy.com/client/#/catalog/ in order to qualify for the $200 off.

I'm off this weekend so I will check out a few other stores to see if anyone has cancelled pre orders. Hopefully I can get it in my hands sooner rather than later.
    10-25-2014 01:20 AM
    Went in to a local Best Buy (Southern California) and was told I could not just get one. They made me pre order even tho it's been out a week now? So we'll see when I get it. I have the $50 GC so and finally found a smartphone that shows up on their approved list. A who knows how old Samsung Galaxy S 4g. Rep told me it had to be worth more than $10 on the trade in site: https://tradein.bestbuy.com/client/#/catalog/ in order to qualify for the $200 off.

I'm off this weekend so I will check out a few other stores to see if anyone has cancelled pre orders. Hopefully I can get it in my hands sooner rather than later.
    There's a lot of opinions on the trade in phone needing a value or not. I've been told you need minimum value of $10 and ANY phone even at zero value from the same store. What others have said on this thread is, just skip the screen, and the promo should go through? I'm not really sure how people are pushing for the BB reps to take any phone as long as it shows in their database.
    10-25-2014 02:53 AM
    There's a lot of opinions on the trade in phone needing a value or not. I've been told you need minimum value of $10 and ANY phone even at zero value from the same store. What others have said on this thread is, just skip the screen, and the promo should go through? I'm not really sure how people are pushing for the BB reps to take any phone as long as it shows in their database.
    I traded in a BlackBerry Curve that came up as $0 in BB trade in system. All the Mobile rep had to do was select the "RECYCLE" option and I received the $200 GC.

10-25-2014 05:13 AM
    I traded in a BlackBerry Curve that came up as $0 in BB trade in system. All the Mobile rep had to do was select the "RECYCLE" option and I received the $200 GC.

I finally got my N4! I traded in my old HTC Evo that I know was worthless. I actually went back to BB a couple of days after my pre-order just to make sure it would be acceptable & 2 reps assured me it would be. They stated "any working smartphone" and that as long as it powered up. That's what the ad says. So I think maybe Zergslayer69 should argue that point.

No wait in line at all but the whole process took about 1 hr. 40 mins. It was worth it, though. I had an old, old plan w/16 Gb of data which I was only using about a 5th of so the rep changed my plan to actually save me about $12+ a month, she gave me a $5 discount on the S-View Cover (which I quickly am not wild about), applied the Glass Invisible Shield for me and, lastly, transferred all my contacts, picts & such from my Galaxy S3. So that's why it took so long. I didn't mind. I was watching WS Game 3 on a big screen TV while I waited for the latter! Cool!

The only thing I forgot, dang it, was to ask for the $50 offer that expired last week! That would've paid for the S-View Cover. I may return it because it's kind of difficult to take off & put back on. (I take the flip cover off my phone when I get home; only like to use it when I'm out & about.) Also, mine came w/headphones. They were in the box.

All in all I had a good experience despite the fact I was angry for having had to wait an extra week to get it. The rep was very knowledgeable, professional & careful she did everything correctly and I was thankful for that. I'm a happy camper now!
    10-25-2014 06:08 AM
459 ... 16171819