Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

Did anyone that preordered in October get a Best Buy email telling them to pick it up tom? It looks like the emails that went out were to ppl that preordered in September. I preordered last week for At&t and Im freaking out that I wont be able to get it tomorrow.
Yup i did. I pre-ordered on October 7 at best buy store, got email this afternoon saying my Note 4 is ready to be pickup up tomorrow, the 17. I'm with AT&T

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I do not think we will be getting our emails today or tomorrow :( ... Which really disgust me.. We will be waiting very impatiently for another WEEK !!
When t-mobile customers got their tracking numbers and email text and etc during the day Friday I didn't get all mine till Saturday and still got my phone on Monday so I wouldn't sweat it Imo

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Just called them out of curiosity. From my conservation it seems like each store has their inventory and they will give out the units in the order with which you signed up . If they don't have enough for everyone, those who signed up later (probably me) will wait until the store receives new shipments.

Ouch that sounds like a bad way to do it :(. I would hope BestBuy would realize how many ordered and ship that many devices to the store to cover all the orders.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

When t-mobile customers got their tracking numbers and email text and etc during the day Friday I didn't get all mine till Saturday and still got my phone on Monday so I wouldn't sweat it Imo

I agree. And if you don't get your email. I'll still call or just show up tomorrow. What's to lose?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Ouch that sounds like a bad way to do it :(. I would hope BestBuy would realize how many ordered and ship that many devices to the store to cover all the orders.
Yes but If Samsung has only made say 50,000 note 4 for say AT&T (this is random numbers and to make a point) and say AT&T ordered 25,000 and 25,000 is to best buy they can only ship so many to each store.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yes but If Samsung has only made say 50,000 note 4 for say AT&T (this is random numbers and to make a point) and say AT&T ordered 25,000 and 25,000 is to best buy they can only ship so many to each store.

That is true but then BestBuy should monitor and provide later delivery / pick-up dates as the orders flood in. Just like carriers do for people.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

From what I understood from when I pre-ordered on Oct 7, each store is allocated a certain amount of note 4 for each carrier. When they reach that amount, they can't take anymore preorders. Why when I preordered they could not take Verizon or sprint pre-orders anymore. So I assume if you pre-ordered means there is a note 4
Reserved for you on launch day

I can be wrong but that's what my sales person sounded like.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

From what I understood from when I pre-ordered on Oct 7, each store is allocated a certain amount of note 4 for each carrier. When they reach that amount, they can't take anymore preorders. Why when I preordered they could not take Verizon or sprint pre-orders anymore. So I assume if you pre-ordered means there is a note 4
Reserved for you on launch day

I can be wrong but that's what my sales person sounded like.

Yes but they can grossly overestimate how many they will have. Like for example bestbuy was selling this videogame called destiny and there was an edition called the ghost edition. They grossly overestimated how many they would have and had to cancel some of them and gave a freebie to those affected I believe. It was bestbuy or maybe Walmart who did this.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Yes but they can grossly overestimate how many they will have. Like for example bestbuy was selling this videogame called destiny and there was an edition called the ghost edition. They grossly overestimated how many they would have and had to cancel some of them and gave a freebie to those affected I believe. It was bestbuy or maybe Walmart who did this.

Wow that's crazy. Didn't know that. Guess my sales lady who explained it to me didn't know what's she's saying lol.

Either way glad I got my email at 11:11am today!

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

I don't see why not there is usually plenty of stock but I would get there early just in case with this one. You know, due amazing demand lol

Posted via Android Central App

So I called tmo and she said she want able to cancel the order but she did make sure I did have a higher limit on my account to order two more phones with zero down tomorrow. She said if I'm able to pick one up in store tomorrow I can refuse the shipment when it comes in and they will credit me back what I paid for the pre-order. I got my shipping notification about an hour ago and it's scheduled for delivery on Tuesday which isn't too bad. So I'm going to give it shot tomorrow morning around 11, I have a conference call to 10th that I really can't miss from work and I get lucky. I'm willing to try three about three or stores and if I have no luck then I'll just try to be patient and wait for Tuesday. Makes me wish I had paid for next day shipping. Good luck to everyone tomorrow and I can't wait to hear back on their experiences!

Posted via the Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Wow that's crazy. Didn't know that. Guess my sales lady who explained it to me didn't know what's she's saying lol.

While I am not saying this is the case it could be why some people aren't getting the emails. Other might be it just wasn't sent yet or received. There's times where I sent emails to family friends or even myself and took days to get it

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

She could have explained it properly for her store .. Since we all know stores can differ drastically depending on location. Such as there is 1 Sprint store I will never go to around me .. It is HORRIBLE .. So we go to one that is another 15-20 minutes away.

And yes .. I am on T-Mobile but parents are on Sprint so I have to help them with that stuff :).

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

She could have explained it properly for her store .. Since we all know stores can differ drastically depending on location. Such as there is 1 Sprint store I will never go to around me .. It is HORRIBLE .. So we go to one that is another 15-20 minutes away.

And yes .. I am on T-Mobile but parents are on Sprint so I have to help them with that stuff :).
That is true too. I'm not in a big metropolitan city and there's only one best buy store here. But my town is decent sized (250k population)

Wonder if the issues may be with BB in larger cities with multiple BB, like Chicago, Dallas, Houston, etc?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

So for those getting the note 4 from best buy tomorrow, when do you plan on going in? At door opening or later?

For me I'm working overnight tonight, so need some sleep. Will probably go around 2-3pm tomorrow so I'll have some sleep and actually be able to enjoy the experience ☺

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

I would guess that this applies at all Best Buy locations but I don't want to give them too much credit.

Up until the 18th, My Best Buy members get a bonus $50 for trading in a working smartphone. Check your local sales ad.

EDIT: If you get the $200 toward the N4 you shouldn't (in theory) have a problem getting this one, too.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hey could you link this to the website? Don't think best buy would believe me if I just showed them a cell phone screenshot from another phone. Dug around but couldn't find it on the site.

Edit: looks like it's here, dunno if the link will work
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...07.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat344200050007&token=vh3LzBlM

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

My 'local' BB is 45 min away idk what the population is maybe 50000 idk but fairly small area. 18. More. Hours.

15vailo50

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

BB Denver,Co
The main bestbuy store in colorado still hasnt received note 4 order yet for any carrier... ... ...store closes in 4hrs30mins

Posted via NOTE III