Note 4 - How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: How did it go picking it up at Best Buy?

The BB I pre ordered at received a total of 4 phones on three shipments today. They are not sure when they will get more in. My job is sending my team offshore to work on a project Tuesday. For some reason I have a feeling that I will get the email when I'm gone. Probably will miss out on the $200 trade in offer now. I'm pissed.

Posted via Android Central App

Can't you still use the Samsung galaxypromotions offer if the BB one ends?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

The BB I pre ordered at received a total of 4 phones on three shipments today. They are not sure when they will get more in. My job is sending my team offshore to work on a project Tuesday. For some reason I have a feeling that I will get the email when I'm gone. Probably will miss out on the $200 trade in offer now. I'm pissed.

They have extended it to November 1st I believe. We already knew this was going to be a mess but not this bad. For once my impatience was a good thing. The demand for this device is much higher than anyone anticipated I believe.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

If they don't get my order in before the promo ends, I'm out. I'll keep my Note 3 for a while longer.

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I will be gone 2 weeks not sure if I'm gonna make it, but congrats to all you guys that were able to get your phone. I'm just going to continue antagonizing BB and samsung on twitter.

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

They have extended it to November 1st I believe. We already knew this was going to be a mess but not this bad. For once my impatience was a good thing. The demand for this device is much higher than anyone anticipated I believe.

Thanks for the info.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

The branch I went to originally that said any working smartphone of any value qualifies is now pushing back saying minimum $10 value is needed. Also saying the $50 promotion is not stackable with the $200. Unless this is the official policy whoever was able to trade in their 0 value phone got pretty lucky.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Just got back from Worst Buy and my sister was able to get her ATT Note 4 with Next upgrade. We also got the $200 gift card and the extra $50 gift card!! Better yet I was able to trade in my old Verizon Incredible 3G!! Wooohooooooooo

I am gonna go to the same guy next week when Verizon Note 4 is released and trade in my old Verizon Storm :)

Good Luck yall!!

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

I need a hard case in case the s view case doesn't work hehe. I'm thinking otterbox but they are way expensive and not yet available. We'll see what they have Friday. I'm gonna be like a kid in a candy store! I doubt we get more posts than the T-Mobile thread since we are probably the minority that ordered from BB and they already have theirs. But it will be interesting to see what kinds of run arounds ppl get. Should be bundles of fun.

Have you thought about this case? They made it for the Note 3. it should be coming soon to the Note 4.

5d1aa0299edb023d53a3857c81e71e03.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The branch I went to originally that said any working smartphone of any value qualifies is now pushing back saying minimum $10 value is needed. Also saying the $50 promotion is not stackable with the $200. Unless this is the official policy whoever was able to trade in their 0 value phone got pretty lucky.

Just ask them to show them where it says a minimum of $10 value. That is only needed for the Samsung $200 rebate. Not the Best Buy $200 gift card. Also you can ask them to just try to do it in their system and see if it will go thru.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

I went into a small AT&T store today just to see if they had any. The place was dead, I was the only person in there. I asked if they had a demo, (I already played with one at Best Buy a little while ago) he just opened one up for me and answered my questions. It would have been an impulse buy, but oh Well, Patience isn't a virtue I have. I asked about any promotions going on for it, ,he told me none. When I asked about the Samsung promo, he said there was one for a $100, but already ended. So I asked how much for my trade-in on my mint Note 3, he said $73. I was like you're nuts! He said, well we only have two of each color right now, so you need to act now if you want it. I said no thanks.

So I decided to check around. I went to the best buy near my AT&T corporate store. They said they would Give me $225 for my Note 3. Now we were getting somewhere. I asked if any in stock for Either AT&T or even considered Going back to Verizon for the phone at a cheaper retail price if a plan was good. He said, None in stock and don't know when the next order will be in. He said all the ones in stock were saved for Pre-Ordered. So lucky I went to the AT&T store in the same mall parking lot and a Verizon is right across from AT&T. I could have walked out the door at AT&T, except all they had were White ones. I'm not settling, especially because the Note 4 is so darn expensive. So I said I would check back on Monday. Oh and AT&T told me after I told them what Best Buy offered me for my Note 3, they would give me $200 which is acceptable.

Then Since I was in the area, checked out my old nemesis Verizon, which I left in August, because of High Bills for what I thought was a cheaper plan on AT&T. I like that Verizon is Selling the Note 4 for $700 retail, instead of AT&T's Ridiculous $825. I refuse to pay that for a phone. Come to find out if I do the individual $60 2gb unlimited talk and text Plan with Edge, and They will give me $186 for my Note 3 now the Note 4 is looking pretty nice to me! I'm paying $65 a month on AT&T right now for the same going month to month, so am really considering going back to Verizon. The Edge plan payments are cheaper than AT&T also, so I can make a payment or a few and pay it off when I like. Only thing is the whole pre-order and waiting until the 27th or taking my chances at the store. So no luck for me at Best Buy and it seems It's first come first serve, After they fulfill all the Pre-Orders.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

Just ask them to show them where it says a minimum of $10 value. That is only needed for the Samsung $200 rebate. Not the Best Buy $200 gift card. Also you can ask them to just try to do it in their system and see if it will go thru.

Guess I can just have them try it in the system. They were saying it's in the fine print. I I guess they don't know there are two promotions listed in the faq. But regardless for those that get the extra 50 are lucky as that should be separate.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Sorry haven't posted enjoying the note 4

So because I bought note 4 off contract they wouldn't do the $200 trade in on my Note 3 But they still offered me $225 for my Note 3

Got the Zagg mirror screen glass screen protector. They sold out of the regular glass screen protector.

Currently redownloading all my apps. Loving the sharp screen!

My experience at bb was overall good but sales rep forgot to add my purchase to my BB rewards account. It was $951 total purchase (including the screen protector) . But I can add the purchase manually online.

Oh and best buy charged me $7.99 to have them install the glass screen protector!! AT&T does it for free. Since I'm turning the entire $951 receipt into work and will get fully reimbursed, I'm not as mad about the $7.99 charge. Otherwise I'd be pissed as hell.

In the future may not buy from BB anymore

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
no email, no phone. i called and it sounds like the same issue with not enough phones. i called and they said they only got 16 out of 50+ preorders and their shipments come on tuesdays and thursdays. no point in being anxious anymore. i'll get it when i get it.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Sorry haven't posted enjoying the note 4

So because I bought note 4 off contract they wouldn't do the $200 trade in on my Note 3 But they still offered me $225 for my Note 3

Mistake, Note 3 are going for about $400 on eBay.

scfoster

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Stopped by the BB at lunch time with my pre-order receipt and an iPhone 3GS to trade. Had previously cleared with the BB staff that an outright purchase was okay with the $200 rebate.

Well...... not today. Was told there was no way to process the $200 rebate through the system unless it was a contract purchase. Left empty-handed.

Read the posts on this thread and decided to try again. Printed out some of the posts and one of the receipt images and took them to BB.

They agreed to give me the $200 discount plus the $50 discount. I also had a $220 gift card.

The $200 rebate would NOT process through their system. I watched them try. The manager had to authorize a $200 "rebate trade-in" for the 3GS manually, which took about 20 minutes. Was worth the wait as I walked out with a new Note 4.

Thanks everyone for the posts.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I had no problems picking up my AT&T N4 today after receiving the BB email that it would be available today. Traded in a S1 AT&T Captivate and received $200 gift card. Had to wait about an hour to be waited on but other than that it was smooth sailing. Kept my grandfathered unlimited data too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie